Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qscgukp
    replied
    It was crap. but seriously it's only been 53 min so who am I to judge.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Alright so christmas eve was today. Lots of gifts and general enegy flying around, and I'm totally exhausted.

Food is good tough. Real norwegian VIKING food.
    Spoiler:

Yes, it tastes better than it looks. It's still over 30% bones though.

OR, you could try the modern route instead. (Yes, this is a real thing, and people do eat it for christmas)
    Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• bluppo8
    replied
    Spent 1 hour fixing the collisions in a game that we have to make for a project on the university. After swapping the sprites with the new sprites, the player kept falling through the floor and was unable to jump most of the time. Spent another 3 hours fixing this. It finally worked, and then one of the people I work with accidentally undoes some of my work with one of their commits. Luckily, it took me only about 15 minutes to fix that.

Leave a comment:

• Reiuji
    replied
    sometimes...

mhhh, today i was have two hours of school , physics and history , and in the evening the professor was not here
    my girlfriend has sick , so i don't have seen her today ._.
    mhhh...
    the cake i have cooking was good but it was a lie (referance to something , the ones have play at my favorite game serie know what i mean >w<)
    and i have get an 30/30 in physics >w<

Leave a comment:

replied
    Schoolwork is going slow, as we try to make fluorescent light with CadmiumSelenide bonds.
    Right now, we got this far:
    Spoiler: pretty

And I'm also having to do 2 other courses.... life is busy =/

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Ooo, a double post.

So today I spent most of my day reinstalling everything on my home server. I accidentally did something really stupid on it, which made it require a reinstall. It wasn't as bad as "delete system32". Stuff was still running somewhat after I goofed up. I did however have to do some tinkering to fix SQL as I completely broke that, oh and I also nearly broke "sudo", so that was fun. On the bright side however, while setting everything up again, I actually got around to fix some stuff that had been annoying me for quite some time, and that I was going to fix anyway at some point or another.

So, now that computer can go back to sitting in the corner of my room and not do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    So finally done with covering a convention about games and coding in school that was held around here, and that we as media students was brought in to cover. From just getting all the stuff out there on Monday and doing some teasing, to for me livestreaming all the Keynotes and some of the other interesting stuff. The school day length is probably one of the better indicators of why this tired me out. 13 hours on Monday, 9-10 hours on Tuesday, 8-9 hours on Wednesday and the normal amount of 7 hours today (even tough we were supposed to leave 1-2 hours earlier because of the previous days). Personally for me, even tough it was a bit tiring, it was also really fun to get to do something in the real world, not just some schools stuff. I even got to see James Portnow again, I think it was around a year since I last saw him, where I was also doing livestreaming.

If anyone want to actually check out some of the stuff we made you can check our YouTube page. As many of the speakers weren't actually norwegian, quite a number of the livestreams and some of the interviews as well are in English. Personally I found the talks with James Paul Gee and James Portnow the most interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9...NMUoCtLzVs8J5w

For those that know Norwegian, there is also our site which is where we published a lot of articles and such during the convention. http://ngvmedia.net/

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    Spooking animals. That's always fun.

In minor news, our coffee machine practically died today. Half of the buttons don't work, it doesn't register if it's out of water, and dispenses a few drops of liquid before rumbling for 30 seconds and shutting off if you try to get coffee.

So obviously today is a slow day for me.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    So apparently I have the power to jumpscare my cat.

So, she's just lying on the chair besides my desk and sleeping. I randomly look over to her for less than a second, suddenly she jumps to life for no reason other than me looking at her for a spit second.

Leave a comment:

replied
    And the results are in!
    And we have.... no luck. -.-
    I got a 4.6 (out of 10) and I needed a 4.9.
    That means that I'm going to spend my summer vacation redoing one major essay & presentation, so I'll sorta have an official diploma.
    After that, life should go on as planned, I'll go to university (though in Eindhoven instead of Leiden) and after that I'll be studying Forensic Science in Amsterdam.
    Let's hope I'll finish this essay/presentation/thing quickly, so I can have a few weeks of actual holiday...

Leave a comment:

• Nuclearblt
    replied
    @Leon
    Good luck with Dutch finals! Go kill it!

Today, I was able to finish up my application forms, just got to turn them in. Also, we got to play a jazz version of Cinderella cage cuz bugging friends works.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Argh... Sorry for double posting, but I got some stuff I wanted to get off my back (and since my last post here was almost a full MONTH ago, I'm guessing this will be ok, since it's adding content to the thread. If it's not, please notify me and I'll merge it with the previous one, though I'd rather not do that, or take matters in your own hands and merge it yourself. It's up to u, staff, in case I'm in the wrong here.).
    So we finished our exams 2 weeks ago (last test, chemistry, was on the 27th of May), we went partying in Albufeira, Portugal for just over a week (29-5 'till 5-6) and we returned home.
    After that, we stayed at our respective homes, staring at our phones.
    Thursday 11-6, the dreaded day. This was the day we'd get to hear if we passed our exams and with it, middle school.
    I was sitting downstairs with my dad (He was having a 'sick day'. He totally didn't just stay at home to see if I failed or not.) with my phone on the table.
    At 13:09 Dutch time, my phone rang and the instant I saw who was calling, my mind said: "F*ck...".
    We were told that if you passed, you'd be called by your personal teacher and if you failed, you'd be called by the principal.
    I have my personal teacher's phone number saved on my phone with the correct name added, so when I saw a phone number that wasn't listed as someone I knew, I knew it was the principal with some bad news.
    Playing it cool, I kept a smile up as I slowly walked upstairs (away from dad).
    The principal told me that I had failed one of the exams (Dutch: 3,8 out of 10), which caused me to fail this year (you can only have a 5,44 or lower for 2 classes and Dutch would be my third).
    So I went to school after that, where I was told I could retry the Dutch exam next tuesday (on 16-6 from 13:30 'till 16:30 + 30 minutes cuz I'm special).
    So I now have to study all of these 4 days so I can at least get a 4,9 on my next attempt, but if that fails, I'll have to redo this entire school year...
    It gets worse... Chemistry is using a new teaching system, so I'd have to relearn everything; Physics gets 10 extra chapters to learn next year and dad... don't get me started on dad... He'll be taking away all my games & online stuff, so I can fully focus on school...

Now, I'll be on almost 0% of the time, as far as dad knows, cuz of studying... Wish me luck guys... I may need it. =(
    Last edited by 99465; 06-12-2015, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Today (actually, yesterday) marks the beginning of the 2nd week of finals, with on our schedule being Physics on monday, Greek on tuesday, Biology on wednesday and English on thursday.
    So far the tests seem to be gong well (you can see the correction sheet online after you get home, cuz it gets uploaded at 14:00 everyday (you're kicked out of the exam room if you're not at school by then)). I think I got around 86% with Dutch, 95% with Math and 89% with Physics.
    Besides that, life's been... well, all things considered.
    Welp, my next exam, Greek, starts in 37.5 minutes, so I'm going to go get dressed for school. Bye~

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    As the semester is winding down, I'm seeing how things are lining up for all my classes. and today is the day I can split my classes in two halves:

Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-24-2015, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MyHatismyFriend
    replied
    dreamt that my gf got NTRed by some disgusting smoking hippy thing

feels bad man

Leave a comment:

Working...
X