Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids and their effect on the miiverse

Hello people of yukkuricraft!

Now, You MAY be talking that twitter is the worst, Well just look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdStqO0JTE

And, i was a weeaboo on miiverse, ... So so bad, Don't go to miiverse
    Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 07-24-2014, 01:03 PM.

Over-usage of a derogatory term (seriously, I hate the word Weeaboo and its usage) and highly offensive title. I think this forum thread warrants an edit to be less offensive. Seriously, I don't care if the title IS related to the content but that is not how you present stuff.

If I gave you a birthday present with the tag "Happy Birthday, you f*cking jackass!", would you accept it? No. No-one in their right mind would. Now please do not post such offensive titles. Next time, I'm getting Remi.

And yes, I am aware that Miiverse community is a completely incompetent pile of sh*t. In fact, I follow the @BadMiiversePost account on Twitter so I can see how awful it is. The people on that social network are EXTREMELY moronic. Fortunately, every wise man knows not to use Miiverse. And, while I do have a Miiverse account, I daren't tread the path of the Miiverse morons.

Second of all, what do you mean Twitter is the worst? From my line of experience, it's social networks like Facebook and such (no offensive, Facebook users) that are more offensive. Twitter is a great social network. I'm having a swell time on Twitter. I get no offense taken from users, I have nice regular chats with a variety of folks (even got to talk to Raptr staff and Wade Fulp), I don't have to put up with morons spamming my feeds, everything is swell. And that's saying a lot considering the amount of controversial stuff I say. Point and case? I had a major rant against Touhou 13. But I'm okay with it. Why? Because Twitter is a place where anyone can say anything. As long as it is not illegal or EXTREMELY controversial, then you are fine. Just make sure to regularly block bots and report any spam sent to you.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Definition of weeaboo: Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

I would rather you remove the term "weeaboo" from this post as I personally do NOT approve of the usage of the term. It is an extremely derogatory term directly aimed at people whom have a major interest in anime, manga, and various forms of media/activities of Japanese origin, which represents pretty much most of us on Yukkuricraft (Touhou is a form of Japanese media/game, am I not right?). To me, a few good friends in my school call me one as a joke, which in return, I just laugh along. However, when somebody DOES call me a weeaboo in a serious, insulting manner, I do my best to act as normal as possible. Also, please search up the definition of a word before you use it. I saw that a person used "raping" instead of "rapping" on the Miiverse video you posted.

However, about the actual gist of this thread, I agree with you 100% about the Miiverse community as I think that most of them are children without a sense of knowledge about the games they play. Like how that one person called Samus "Metroid." In my opinion, I think that the creation of Miiverse was a horrible idea as not many hardcore gamers use a Nintendo system. In the console wars, the majority thought that it was the PS4 against the Xbox One. Wii U was overlooked by many, as it did not manage to have sales higher than the PS4 and the Xbox One. Knowing this, Nintendo should not have created the Miiverse community, because it will become overrun with young children who do not have an extent knowledge of the games Nintendo provides.

In conclusion, I completely agree with you that the Miiverse is overrun with kids who pretty much have no knowledge over Nintendo games, but I do not approve the usage of the derogatory term "weeaboo" in this post.
      Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 07-24-2014, 10:17 AM.
      Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
      rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Sharing videos, fine, but was the title/naming really necessary?

Comment

EY! No need to be rude.
          (I actually like miiverse too..")

Comment

While language is slightly flawed as a single term can hold multiple nuances of definitions amongst different groups, there's no need for a title packed with such terminology.

- Thread Name Changed and Closed -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X