X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mokotan's Storytime!

Alrighty everyone. I'll get this out of the way so we can focus on the terrible stories I shall be bringing you, woohoo~ Anyways, those of you that know what this is know what this is, and that's all that matters. Now, however, I'd like to start with a story, which I'm pulling from the top of my head as I type. No seriously, I'm thinking up a story while I type, so it'll probably be horrendous. Sweet~ Anyway, without further ado, I'll leave you with;

Mokotan's Storytime: Volume I - 'Blackout; Part I'.

~~~

Why are humans naturally afraid of the dark? Surely it must have some reason behind it, wouldn't you agree? Maybe we're afraid of not being able to see, or of losing one of our most valued senses? Or maybe, just maybe, we've managed to hold onto one of our most vital instincts, one that many have lost since our ancestors died out. Maybe we're not scared of the dark at all, but what is in it. Have you even stepped into a dark room, completely pitch black and without anything but your hearing and touch to guide you? Completely blacked out from the world, alone with your thoughts; your mind. People say that your mind plays tricks on you in the dark, that you'll eventually hallucinate and see things that aren't there. Well, that's all well and good, but what if the things that you write off as nothing more than your mind playing tricks on you, are more than that?

Jonathan Carter III, named after his Father who in turn was named after his own Father, Jonathan Carter I. Jonathan was, in all honesty, not much at all. He barely made it through school, had his first real girlfriend at the age of seventeen and had, more than once, considered dropping out of School and getting a menial job at say, McDonalds or KFC. The only reason he hadn't dropped out was his passion for Photography. Yes, many people take photos on a daily basis, whether it be with phones, tablets, or even actual Cameras, Jonathan felt that he was... more than that. He would always walk through his front door after school, then straight back out again, camera in hand.

Jonathan would always ask his friends or acquaintances about places they thought he could get good shots from, people he could catch and events he could snap with his camera. He'd venture out any time he felt like it, even if it was 3 am in the Morning. He couldn't help it, the thought of how many potentially amazing pictures he was missing would always haunt him, stopping him from sleeping or studying, and even cleaning himself, sometimes. To say that Jonathan was obsessed was photography would be an understatement.

Jonathan took his beanie off as he steadied the camera, zooming in on the cloud that floated just out of reach. It was beautiful, or at least Jonathan thought so. After all, he was the only person in the run-down, ghost of a town that he called home. It twirled around in a spiral shape, not even seeming to move. It almost seemed to Jonathan that it was holding itself still, waiting for him to get a picture of it. He click the button and the camera made a short buzzing noise, telling him that the picture had been taken successfully. Jonathan grinned, and lowered the camera. He let out a sigh, watching the breath form in the iciness of the winter air.

Jonathan had lived in the town long enough to know that being out this late, he wouldn't run into anyone else except maybe the odd homeless person or night watchman. He shook his head and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it up and pulling it to his lips. He paused. "What the?". Jonathan blinked. Did he just see what he thought he saw? He blinked again. No, there was nothing there, nothing at all. It was just a dark window of a dark house on a somewhat dark street. Something clicked, then. Hadn't he heard about that house before? That there was a reason that it was dark?

"Of course! That's the Tenebris Household!". A while back a family had been living in that house, but eventually they'd moved. Or, well, that's what the Media were told. The residents of Northshore knew better than that, of course. The Tenebris Family, in all simplicity, were murdered. What wasn't simple, however, is that nobody knew who did it, or why, or how. One day they were alive, the next day they were just, well, dead. A Family of four, two parents and two children, two males and two females, all dead. The Father had been found first, his chest torn open and his intestines used to string him up to a rafter that had been torn out of the roof. The Mother was found in the bath, drowned and mutilated, and not much was known about her corpse other than the fact that her skin had been found hanging in her closet, and her eyes had been gouged out. The two children had shared the room, and were kept hidden. The Police gave out absolutely no evidence of what happened to them, but then it was leaked. The Brother had been literally torn apart, pieces of flesh stuck to the walls and ceiling, his blood splattered everywhere in their bedroom. His body was so utterly destroyed that the only way the police recognized him was by circumstantial evidence. His Sister, who was well known in the Neighborhood for her politeness and eagerness to be accepted into our Society more, was named Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Tenebris. An odd name, sure, but what happened to her was even more odd. She, according to the leaked data, was burned alive. Her burnt corpse was found underneath her bed, and every bone in her body had been broken or fractured in at least one place. The only bone that remained unbroken was her skull, and even that didn't alleviate any of the goriness. Her eyes, like her mothers, had been gouged out. He tongue had been forced down into her esophagus and her ears had been cut off. Her teeth were thrown all around the room, and her gums were shredded into mince-meat.

The Public was enraged by the brutality, the animalism of the murderer. Who could do that to such a polite young girl? Nobody knew who, or what, did it. But Jonathan had an idea. He sucked on his cigarette again as he pulled the memories of that night forward to his mind. He still hated it. The town had a blackout, and Jonathan had gone out to take some pictures as usual. He decided, though, to take a different route back home when he was done. Directly past the Tenebris residency. He remembered stalking up to the building, to the window. He remembered looking inside and then nearly vomiting at the sight of the Father. He remembered falling backwards as he tripped over a vine. He remembered hearing the sounds of a young girl screaming, and then he saw her. Elizabeth stood at the window, battering it with her balled fists, but it wouldn't break. She screamed and shouted, cried and wailed at him for help, but he was frozen to the spot. He'd seen something. He didn't know what to call it, but it was definitely not Human. And then, with a sickening crunch, it grabbed Elizabeth by the shoulder, and they vanished from Jonathan's sight.

Before Jonathan could react, his cigarette abruptly went out, forcing his conscious back to the present. He suddenly felt a great pressure bear upon him, and the air around him seemed to drop to freezing temperatures. The hair on the back of his neck shot straight up, and his eyes widened. He knew it was behind him, but he couldn't do anything about it. He felt its cold, clammy hand grip his shoulder with a force that shattered his ability to even blink. And then, as another hand wrapped around his chin, and another covered his eyes, and more and more hands took hold of him, he realized something. Something that he should've taken into account before stopping where he did. To his left was a broad beam of light, shot into the darkness by the pole that bore the weight of the lamp.

Unfortunately for Jonathan, though. He wasn't standing in the light. He was in the dark. He was in the darkness, with the hands. And through the hand that crept over his eyes, he saw the light flicker once, then die.

Another blackout.

~~~

Well, that's part one of a story I just randomly thought of as I was typing. I hope it's readable, at least. Erm, if you guys want more, just say so in the other Thread, since this is just for the Stories or whatever. I'm tired, blegh. Hope you guys even slightly enjoy the read, and thank you for taking the time out to read this.

- Mokou
    Last edited by Fujiwara no Mokou; 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM.
Working...
X