Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perceptive Koishi -WIP-

Chapter 1 -

Koishi’s eyes opened suddenly as she gasped and shot upwards; hitting her head on a branch of the tree she was sleeping under. Rubbing her newly gained bump, she had to stop herself from shaking. “Was…that a dream?” She said down and pulled her knee’s close to her. “But…I can’t dream. “

Unleash me.

She jumped a little; there it was again, the same voice that spoke to her as she slept. “W-Who are you?”

I am what you don’t expect me to be, the creature of the unknown, the person who knows you best, and the person who can protect you. Now unleash me!

“I don’t get it…I can’t read minds, so who are you? What are you? How can you speak to me?”

Don’t you realize it by now? I am someone you sealed long ago, in fear of your own powers.

Koishi’s third eye began to glow at that moment.

Unleash me and I can protect you from everything that wishes to harm you.

“I sealed you for a reason; I don’t…wanna read minds again.”

Free me and I can teach you a way to control such powers!

“I don’t believe you.”

Have you not noticed? You need me. You’re surrounded by devilish Youkai right now.

“I can defeat them just fine.”

Such confidence.

“Don’t underestimate me.” She looked at the several dozen Youkai surrounding her now, it was a forest area, so it’d be difficult to graze attacks, but she’d have to make use of it. “It’s not day time, so I doubt anyone will get in my way.”

For someone who can’t think, you’re fairly perceptive.

“Just shut up and watch.”

Getting irritated are we?

It was then that Koishi registered what the voice had said; she was feeling anger at the moment and was even aware of her surroundings. This feeling…She held up her hands in front of her face. It had been so long, but how? How could this be? She was just an empty shell. As she thought about that, she realized that she was thinking! “What…?”

Look out Miss I can handle this.

Koishi was so distraught with how she could notice things around her that she failed to notice the punch that slammed straight into her gut, knocking the air out of her. Staggering back she managed to regain her balance, but it was already too late, they had the upper hand. A solid elbow collided with her right cheek, it hurt like all hell as she spun around and crashed into the ground. She wasn’t able to respond as one grabbed her hair and held her upwards in front of it.

“Now that I look at you, you aren’t even worth eating. “ It threw her away and walked off with the others in the group as she tumbled down a cliff and her back hit a sharp rock which sent intense pain traveling throughout her entire body.

She screamed as she finally came to a rest near a stream at the bottom of the valley. Curling into a ball, she tried to make the pain go away, but she could not. She couldn’t vanish from others anymore; she couldn’t run from pain, was this what it felt to be whole? Droplets hit the grass below her as tears rolled down her cheeks. The pain she felt right now was unbearable, it hurt so much.

Unleash me, if you do, I will protect you from this pain. I will save you from your fate.

Koishi wasn’t in the state of mind to think straight, all she wanted was for the pain to go away, she reached to her third eye. It felt partially open, maybe that is why it could talk to her, maybe that was why she felt so aware, but she didn’t care right now. She tore it open as a flash of bright light engulfed her and the surrounding area.

As soon as it subsided, her tears stopped. She no longer felt the pain she did before. She was still aware of things, but almost in a tranquil state. She looked upwards, to where she was surprised she saw herself floating above her, no…maybe not exactly. This her was a guy, he also didn’t have a third eye. But their clothes were near identical, with him having pants instead and his green hair being spiked upwards.

“Are you the manifestation of my third eye?”

“Well done Holmes! I do believe you’ve solved this one.”

“No need to be rude.” She said with a huff as she sat up, looking at the area around her, the sun was rising now. “How did you take away the pain anyways?”

“I did stuff to you in your sleep.”

“Wha…t”

“I’m kidding.” He floated to the ground beside her and landed on it before helping her to her feet. “After you sealed your third eye away, it began to become self conscious, until yours truly was born. I am linked to you in all ways, so when I was realeased, I simply took all the pain onto myself, you’re still injured though, you might wanna get that checked out.” He pointed to her bleeding mouth and then bleeding back.

“I guess I should…”

“Now then, I bet you’re wondering why you can’t sense any thoughts. It’s because I restored your natural emotions and thought without restoring your mind reading powers.”

“You can do that?” She blinked in disbelief.

He crossed his arms. “When you’re awesome, you can do anything.”

“I don’t that’s a valid reason.” She cocked her head to the side. “I want a straight answer.”

“Well it’s true! Being awesome does help! In any case, if you really want to know how I can do it, it’s because I don’t want to see you suffer.”

“Huh…?”

“It’s my duty to make sure you always have a smile on your face. I know being able to read minds would cause you despair and I cannot allow that to happen.”

Koishi blushed for a minute before covering her face up with her sleeve. “It’s fine if I suffer, after all I’m used to it.” She smiled.

“Your face is always smiling, but your eyes are never happy.” He placed his right hand on her head. “It’s my job to change that.”

“Really...? No one's ever been so nice to me...…What do you intend to do?”

“First, we’ve gotta get you home!”

“But I haven’t truly talked to my sister in years.”

“Patching up family matters comes first. Let’s go!” He began walking off.

“Are you sure she’ll be happy to see me?”

“Undoubtedly.”

“By the way, what can I call you?”

“Shikai, no, wait, that’s incredibly silly. Call me Seimei. Yeah, that works.”

“Alright, Seimei, what’s my favorite color?”

“Pink.”

“So you really do know all about me.”

“No, you just love your sister very much, it’s obvious that it’s pink.”

“Ragggh! Don’t judge me so easily!” She ran up to him and hit him over the head with a stick she had picked up.

He stumbled and began tumbling down a cliff. “Save meeeee!”

“Aren’t you supposed to be the one protecting me!?” She yelled in frustration as she chased down the hill after him.

----

Chapter 2 -

“I just can’t understand it…” Koishi said as looked at her hands. “It’s so weird being able to think…to feel emotions, I can’t get used to it.”

“It’ll take you awhile; after all, you were an empty shell for how long?” Seimei replied as he walked in front of her.

“I feel so paranoid, so bothered…it’s so annoying, I can’t find my peace of mind. Ugh!” She stomped her foot in frustration. “Is this what it means to be aware? I hate it!”

“It’s fine to be upset, this happened suddenly after all. Just gotta take a deep breath and relax.”

“But I don’t know how! You say to relax, but how can I? When all this stuff is in my head, I actually feel pain in my head, it just won’t go away! I can’t simply calm down, I can’t simply forget all this stuff, don’t you get it!? It won’t leave me alone!”

He turned around and walked over to her and poked her forehead. “That’s because you’re thinking about it. Close your eyes and think about a grassy meadow, it’s sunny and warm as the wind hits your face, it’s quiet and peaceful, you feel so happy. You finally feel calm. They’re no longer going to hurt you.”

Koishi calmed down as he said that. “How did you…know that would work?”

“It’s called a happy place, cherish it.” He said as he patted her on the head and continued walking.

“If you say so…” She caught up to him and walked by his side. “I think the underground isn’t that far from here.”

“That is indeed true; we don’t have much farther to go…however it seems we’ve come across an obstacle.”

Yuuka Kazami was walking in their direction and without the ability to turn invisible; they could be in some serious trouble. Her umbrella in her hand she approached slowly, admiring the flowers to the side of the dirt path, she didn’t care much for that which was in front of her. However, an unlikely savior appeared in the form of River as he landed in front of Yuuka with a thud. “Get down!” He shouted as he pushed her over as a giant energy blast flew overhead.

“What the hell!?” She yelled as she pushed him off her. “Do you want to die?”

“Way to give thanks to the guy who just saved your life!”

“My life didn’t need any saving!”

“’My life didn’t need any saving!’” He said in a mocking whiny voice. “That’s what you sound like.”

She pointed her umbrella at him. “I’ve had it; you’re going to taste some real pain.”

At that moment River ducked as another giant energy blast flew forward and decked Yuuka in the face, sending her spiraling backwards where she landed on her back with a hard thud.

She quickly got back up and dusted herself off, giving an irritated look at River. “Why didn’t you warn me?”

“I’m sure you can handle yourself, Miss I don’t need any saving.”

“Raaagh! I’ll get you later!” She held her hand over her eyes. “Who did it!? Who fired that shot?”

In the distance one could see Ling standing there with a smug look on his face that said. “Bring it on.”

“LIIIIIIING!” She screamed as she charged at him, a master spark already formed in her right hand.

--------------

Meanwhile, Koishi and Seimei had already walked past the spectacle, trying not to get caught up in the crazy antics.

“Seimei, what was that all about?” Koishi asked with her finger to her lip.

“Nothing, just forget you ever saw them. They’re a bad influence.”

“Is that so?” Her mind came off it when she saw the entrance to the underground. “There it is!” She began skipping toward it.

“Indeed! Let us progress!” He began walking after her as an idea came into his head. “Wait, Koishi, don’t you move!” He held out his hand.

She stopped short and looked back. “What is it?”

“I’ve got a deliciously brilliant idea. Wait here.” He ran into the underground without her.

It wasn’t until about fifteen minutes later that he emerged.

“Let me go! I don’t want to go to the surface!”

“Suck it up, you big baby.” Seimei said as he tossed Satori onto the ground in front of Koishi. “It’s much more beautiful and tranquil up here, perfect for a reunion.”

“What are you talking about? Reunion wh…” She looked up to see a familiar face staring down at her. “K-Koishi?”

Koishi bent down and poked her sister on the cheek. “Still as scared of the surface as ever, I see.”

“Hey I’m not sca…Did you just make a clever comment…wait, how can I read your mind? Is your third eye open? WHAT’S GOING ON!?”

Koishi chuckled. “Wellll….”

-Girls are Explaining-

Satori rubbed her head, it was just…all too much. “To think that something like that could happen, it’s just too weird.”

“It happened, you just gotta accept it.” Seimei said as he hung upside down from a tree branch.

“I guess so. But still.” She gave Koishi a hug. “It’s great to have my sister back.”

“I’m just glad I can talk to you for real again” Koishi said as she returned Satori’s embrace. “You should really explore the surface world with me.”

Satori recoiled. “I dunno…people are afraid of mind readers.”

“I can fix that.” Seimei said as he leaped down from the branch and placed his right on Satori’s third eye. “There we go.”

Satori blinked for a moment and then started shaking as beads of sweat rolled down her face.

“What’s the matter?” Koishi asked.

“I-I can’t hear any thoughts but my own!”

“She got so used to reading minds, that now that she can’t, she’s going into a panic. “ Seimei put in.

Koishi hugged her sister and pulled her close. “It’s alright, just find your happy place. We’re going to have a really fun time. We can enjoy the surface together.” She stroked Satori’s hair. “Fear is not a bad thing, I know how afraid you’ve been of the surface, since they shunned you and since they caused you to lose your only sister. What I did back then…it was selfish of me. I left you to endure this burden alone; I can only imagine the pain you’ve had to experience. But that’s okay, I’m here now, we can face the world together.”

“I’ve missed you so much.” Satori said with tears in her eyes. “It was so hard…” She gripped Koishi’s shirt. “Thank god…thank god you came back. I didn’t know how much longer I could last.”

“Sometimes it’s okay to rely on others. Cry when you wanna cry, laugh when you wanna laugh and if you need a shoulder to lean on, I’ll be here for you. “

“Thank you…”
    "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...
Working...
X