Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was I even doing?

-Feel free to leave comments-

So I was wondering if I could write a dramatic and sad death scene...and then this happened. My mind wanders, a lot.

Marisa cradled the injured Reimu in her arms; she could tell that she was hanging on by a thread. “You idiot! Why’d you defend me from his attack? You’re the shrine maiden! You’re way more important than some stupid witch!” Tears rolled down her cheeks. “Who’s gonna protect us now!? Who’s gonna fight for us? Sure you were greedy at times, but we all looked up to you! You were a great hero!”

Reimu looked up to Marisa and smiled. “Sometimes…your body just doesn’t listen to you. I had already moved without thinking and don’t…degrade yourself like that.” She reached up with her right hand and touched Marisa’s face, although it pained her to so, her body shook and trembled. “You’re my best friend, the one I always trusted. When I had nowhere else to turn, you were always there for me, always smiling…you’re not just some witch…you’re the witch who can save Gensokyo.” With that her hand fell away from the witches face and landed limply on the ground, a single tear left Reimu’s eye as she moved no more.

“No! Reimu, you can’t die! Reimu, get a hold of yourself, you’re going to live through this!” She pulled Reimu closer. “No…” She began crying hard, her sobs choked between breaths. “Reimu…no…”

“It seems you’ve come to understand a bit more about pain.” The voice of Lucifer said as he stood above them. “You should cherish that pain, nurture it into hatred and with it you can change this world. “

“Why are you lecturing me!? You’re the one who killed her!”

“It was her choice to jump into the fight; her death is her fault and hers alone. She understood the risks and still chose to do so.” He turned around. “Perhaps the answer you seek will come to you soon; do not forget what you felt this day.” He walked away and vanished into the morning mist.

“You Bastard! Get back here!” Marisa yelled, although it was muffled by her intense crying. She began punching the ground until her knuckles bled. “Why couldn’t I be stronger!? Why did she have to die!? Why did I become a witch? I can’t protect a single friend…one single friend.”

A warm wind blew at that moment as a figure stood before her; it was the figure of Sei Yagami. He looked down at her with his red eyes. “Lucifer…has he really gone this far?”

Yukari appeared a few feet to the left of him. “To think that this would happen, we cannot sit back anymore.”

Yuyuko entered with a whirlwind of sakura blossoms to the right of Sei. “We’ve allowed him to do what he wants for far too long.”

“Marisa Kirisame, you will be able to have your revenge…for now, I leave her in your care…River.” Sei said as he and the two others vanished, revealing River D. Scarlet sitting on a rock in their place, his silver eyes trained on Marisa.

“Marisa Kirisame…” He held out a katana to her, with the hilt facing her. “Today you are no longer a witch, you are…”

She reached out and grabbed the blade and swung it an arc. “A Demon Slayer.” She said in a dark tone, her eyes serious.

He leaped off the rock and beckoned her to follow him. “The training won’t be easy, but I guess you already know that. Let’s go.”

The two of them walked off into the darkness, ready for the next chapter in Gensokyo history.
    "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...
Working...
X