X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Server Crashes

Many of you have probably noticed the extremely high number of crashes as of the past few days. I figured it only be proper that I explain what I know.

First off, the crashes are caused by Bukkit itself. Not plugins.

I've created a Ticket on Bukkit's bug tracker. The problem seems to occur mainly on player joins, according to the logs. There is currently nothing I can do about it due to the fact that it's not even caused by plugins. It's not like I can just uninstall a plugin and things fix, which is what I've been doing with other bugs for the past few weeks. Right now, the only thing we can really do is hang in and pray that Bukkit fixes the issue soon. I've tried both the recommended build of Bukkit, CB 1.4.7R1, as well as the latest dev build as of last night, CB #2639. (1.4.7R1.1)

I'm trying to get a system instated right now that will backup inventories at quick intervals (5 minutes or so) to try and alleviate the grief of inventory lost. I'll keep you guys updated on this.

edit: The inventory plugin is now saving inventories to disk (to file) every 31 seconds. Inventory deletions SHOULDN'T happen anymore, but if it does continue happening, I'll throw in another line of defense.

Sorry for the issues, everyone! Hoping Bukkit fixes this soon >.>

Now I don't have to text you everytime the server crashes~

Comment

Thank you for taking your time to explain to all about the server crashes. I hope this is fixed soon as well. Also thank you for the extra precaution in inventory saves.

Comment

Again, if inventory loss persists, make sure to report it so I can act accordingly.

Comment

Any chance it could be just an issue of too many plugins?

Comment

No, but I may have found a solution. I'll be doing a major maintenance day sometime this week.

Comment

Working...
            X