Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viole Scavenger Hunt / Rat Race

Viole Scavenger Hunt / Rat Race
    "The Quest for Knowledge", or "Thieves for Hire". One of these is something a certain librarian can respect, and the other is something she can sic her 'cats' on.

(Alright bear with me, I'm still a newbie when it comes to Touhou. This is sort of a WIP because I don't know what to fix or add.)

Outline of Event
    Basically, I have one idea with an alternative. The gist of it is a scavenger hunt in the Scarlet Devil Mansion's great library, Viole. Reason being? Patchouli has somehow lost a few precious books and decides to call for outside help in the hopes that an outside party will be able to find what she missed. (Alternative) If this is not the case, Marisa decides that her going to Viole on occasion to 'borrow' books is just a little selfish. Thinking quickly, she resolves to sit back and let an outside party go in there to 'borrow' books for her, seeing as they usually miss out on the fun she has.

Goal
    The players are tasked with finding Patchouli's books and giving them back to her, her familiar Koakuma, or dropped off in a personal chest. If the alternative event is chosen, the players will still have to find Patchouli's books, but they will give them to Marisa or a personal chest of hers just outside Viole. A player wins when they find five of Patchouli's books (signed by her herself or marked differently) and give them back to Marisa, Patchouli and Koakuma, or drop them off in the personal chests of either of the two magicians(A private chest created for each player might be much better). To find these books, players will be sent all around Viole with either a few hints or a book with one hint that will be enough to lead them to a signed book which will in turn provide another hint as to where to search. Books will be numbered and copied to prevent confusion and to prevent only one person having any books/not having enough books to go around.

Difference Between Two Events
    The "Helping Patchouli/Quest for Knowledge" event will be more laid-back and friendly as the librarian won't be too bothered by the players. In fact, she just may be able to provide a few hints for someone who finds a special item in their hunt, something like an emerald. Emeralds are a magical librarian's best friend. She won't speak to the person trading the emerald, but she will drop a hint book towards them.

The "Helping Marisa/Rat Race" event is going to be more hectic and more hostile. Because Patchouli is essentially being raided, she and Koakuma will not be helping the players. In fact, they'll be hindering them with splash potions of harming as they fly about. To avoid getting caught in a bad situation, the players will either find or be given potions of healing, swiftness, and invisibility. To prevent Patchouli and Koakuma from being near impossible to surmount, perhaps Marisa will be able to jump in periodically to harass the librarian...

Rules
    Flying is disabled and health is enabled.
    Placing blocks is disabled for players, although a personal chest at the entrance of Viole could be placed for book deposit if Marisa, Patchouli, and Koakuma are not willing.
    Attacking other players if you're not Patchouli or Koakuma is prohibited. Getting pushed off the staircases is like collecting rocks in third grade and getting shoved off the jungle gym.
    F3 can be used.

Anything else you mates want to add?
    Last edited by Major Mario; 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM.

As a resident Koakuma, I very much approve of this event. ^3^

Comment

I would have a blast with this. The only thing is I dunno which side I would join. Maybe have a part where players siding with Patchouli have a chance at some point to try to steal from Marisa?
      Last edited by Cirno; 02-16-2013, 11:19 PM. Reason: Can not use words today

Comment

Originally posted by Cirno View Post
        I would have a blast with this. The only thing is I dunno which side I would join. Maybe have a part where players siding with Patchouli have a chance at some point to try to steal from Marisa?
        I didn't think of this. You're saying, why not have a team for Patchouli and a team for Marisa? If that was the case, then this would become a capture the flag event... I like that. I'll add a bit to the OP when I'm not so tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mario View Post
          I didn't think of this. You're saying, why not have a team for Patchouli and a team for Marisa? If that was the case, then this would become a capture the flag event... I like that. I'll add a bit to the OP when I'm not so tired.
          Yeah! Could even add books that were stolen before the event as well. (Marking them with Stolen 1 month ago..etc)

Comment

Working...
          X