Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing our semi-public Dynmap!

dynmap announce

Hey everyone! This is a pretty big change that comes with the 1.6 update and requires a bit more in-depth explaining so it gets its own thread. Do note that this is a semi-public beta test run for dynmap!

What is Dynmap?
    That's quite simple, really! Dynmap stands for Dynamic Map and it allows players to look at a real-time map of our server to see top down and isometric views of the maps as well as player locations. The only exception is that the Survival worlds have been disabled with dynmap..

How do I use Dynmap?
    Another simple answer! Simply log into the minecraft server and also open up The Dynmap Page. Once you do that, simply follow the instructions on the dynmap page! Once you've registered, you just need to simply log onto the dynmap with the credentials you signed up with!

What do you mean, "semi-public beta test run"?
    The issue and reason why we didn't have a dynmap for so long is that it takes up a lot of bandwidth. Up until now, we've had a dynmap but only accessible by staff members for Gensokyo building purposes. However, recently Alex, our other owner, got a new router and an internet plan upgrade that gave him an extreme boost in network speeds. With that in mind in conjunction with the register feature for dynmap, I've decided to open the map up to the public, but only to those who've logged into our server before. The only reason it's semi-public instead of fully public is because you have to register in-game to use the map. Depending on how bandwidth and network usage goes in the next several weeks, I will make another announcement or post here on the official status and result for whether we will keep the dynmap semi-public or not.

Happy minecrafting!
Working...
X