X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: tutorial section

Last edited by Madvicius; 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM.
    sigpicMogegege~~

Couldn't you post tutorials in sections like Non-Touhou Media Share or in other related sections? Right now, there has not been that many tutorials posted on here. Unless there is a HIGH demand for tutorials or a large number of tutorials, I wouldn't expect a Tutorials section being created.

The idea of tutorial section does seem like a great one but it really comes down to necessity over anything. If I see higher demand, I'll be sure to talk to other staff about it. But until then, I can't really approve of the idea.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-10-2015, 05:04 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I'd be down to doing this, but only after I see that there are a good number of threads that would fit in there and that there is some demand for it.

Eg, I don't want to create a new section and have three threads in there lol

Comment

I'd certain appreciate this. It gives the YC members a chance to broaden their skills in an area by learning from the others.

For myself I think I'll post League tutorials, from basics like "How to Ward" or "How to CS" to champion-specific guides.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

I think that if this became a thing, then first of all, we could make a sticky thread about what threads there are (so no duplicates).
          Also, I'd start a Walfas tutorial probably.
          I may even try and stream that on Youtube, lol.
          Originally posted by Mogeko
          Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
          Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
          Praise be to prosciutto.
          ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Quick note to think about:
            While having tutorials for various things is nice, please do remember that this is a gaming community with our primary focus on Minecraft. While we are expanding to cover a lot of different games and activities, I think it would be fair to say that we are not probably qualified as experts on many of these. In many cases, guides of some sort for many of the topics already exists and can be easily found by quick Google searches.

I've also personally witnessed and shut down a case in another community I used to be part of where a "self proclaimed experienced" person tried to put up a tutorial on 3D modelling for a RTS game, and ends up getting every single detail wrong in someway. After a few days of arguing and throwing links at him, he eventually ended up with a thread showing a list of tutorials by other people instead because nothing he wrote were actually sensible methods. While I'm not suggesting people here would end up like him, but it does show that in some cases, it might be better off to leave certain things to certain people.

Another problem is audience. I don't think we have a large pocket of people of a certain interest that would demand tutorial to be placed locally on the forums, and in most cases when you do have a group of people with a common interest, they're already knowledge and resourceful enough in that area to be self dependent. If we show enough of a demand for tutorials by various community members, then I have no objections to this idea and would actually like to see it grow. So far, the only groups large enough to demand guides and tutorials are probably only looking for guides to forum RPing and Minecraft related stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
              I'd certain appreciate this. It gives the YC members a chance to broaden their skills in an area by learning from the others.

For myself I think I'll post League tutorials, from basics like "How to Ward" or "How to CS" to champion-specific guides.
              how to tenko:
              step 1: instant pick sej
              step 2: flash out of fountain
              step 3: pick ward inner mid tower
              step 4: spam alt+3 and alt+4

anyways, This is a good idea; however, as Kritter had pointed out, we aren't that expanded out; we currently only focus prominently on War Thunder, League, and Minecraft. You can throw in other MMOs, like PSO2, Tera, or Elsword but that's a small part of the community.
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

And like two people playing FFXIV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X