X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square Enix buys the rights to Touhou

Square Enix announced that they've picked up the worldwide publishing rights for Touhou, and plan to take over the series starting with 14.
    Creator of Touhou, ZUN, was an ex-employee of Taito (now a subsidiary of Square Enix) and after many offers from old friends in the company he felt like this was the best choice to share his dream of Gensokyo with the world.
    Team Shanghai Alice will become a subsidiary company of Square Enix as Taito is, and there are rumors of a vastly generous budget for agreeing to the takeover.
    Square Enix have also announced "Touhou XIV-2 VERSUS" and "Touhou XV Online" and development of these projects will begin shortly.
    Stolen from the Cirnope Facebook page

ZUN is actually torn. Both Square Enix and Tasogare Frontier aim to "annex" Team Shanghai Alice. In his recent interview regarding his attendance at Animecon Atlanta, he said something that hinted him being decisionless.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

crappy April fools is crappy.

Comment

Now imagine if 4kids made a touhou anime :3
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

I'm not joking, ZUN actually said that he cannot decide whether to join Square Enix, Tasogare Frontier, or not to join with anyone and go one-man at all. Why the fuck do you think I'm joking?

of course, this is all a lie.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Ah yes. I've heard of this one. I was quite shocked when I heard it myself as I know ZUN's kept a strong front on being anti-corporate: one of the main reasons he hadn't sanctioned an official Touhou anime.

Comment

Working...
            X