X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Play

So me and my friend are trying to play a custom map loacally but when I open the LAN, he isn't able to connect. Is there any way to fix this? We were able to play just a few weeks ago.

We're of course both running the latest versions and I dont have any mods in.

Are you both connected to the same router?

(And I recently opened a Tech support thread here)

EDIT: Missed the part where ya said ya were able to play b4.

What are the settings on both parties? Did his firewall change? Is he really playing the correct version? i.e. Did his profile switch to one of a different version and not notice? Is the router settings correct? Are you using direct Ethernet connection?
    What is the set-up? Is your friend really connected correctly? Did his wireless/Ethernet card change settings? Is the game directory correct for the map? Are you sure the local play settings are correct?
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-14-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
      Are you both connected to the same router?

(And I recently opened a Tech support thread here)

EDIT: Missed the part where ya said ya were able to play b4.

What are the settings on both parties? Did his firewall change? Is he really playing the correct version? i.e. Did his profile switch to one of a different version and not notice? Is the router settings correct? Are you using direct Ethernet connection?
      What is the set-up? Is your friend really connected correctly? Did his wireless/Ethernet card change settings? Is the game directory correct for the map? Are you sure the local play settings are correct?
      My firewall changed. I got Malware bytes about two weeks ago but I can't say that its the reason we cant play because hadnt tried a bit before then. But that might be it. His minecraft account is right, his version is up to date like mine and we're sure the internet is correct too. He and I are connected to the net correctly. His wirreless card hasnt changed since. And I'm sure I'm doing the local play right since its the same way I did it when we were able to play last time.

Comment

Kinda go through the exact steps that lead to any form of error and then what error is displayed.
        That helps alot, cause something might show up there.

Comment

OKidoke! I start up my 1.6.4 version of minecraft and press play. The game starts and I go into a custom map and start it up. I immediately go to the option "open to LAN", set the mode to adventure with cheats off and open the game on the on my computer. My friend starts his 1.6.4 version of minecraft and opens his game. His game opens just fine and he goes to multiplayer. He chooses to join and the little circles move but his computer doesnt show that my computer is hosting a game of minecraft.

Comment

Ok so it's not recognizing it being on the local network...
            Might be something with ports and the firewall.
            Check to see that the port that minecraft chooses for the map is not blocked or is allowed?
            That's just something I would check next...

Comment

How would I check that? ^^;

Comment

Ok I was getting in too deep there for settings...
                Uhm...first test this: temporarily turn down or disable your firewall and see if that fixes it. if it does, there's your answer. If it doesn't...then it's something else...
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-19-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Well, I turned off my firewalls but I still get the same result. Though I dont think this would be a problem especially since we were able to play before when the walls were up.

Comment

I start up my 1.6.4 version of minecraft and press play. > The game starts and I go into [single player and select] a custom map and start it up. > I immediately go to the option "open to LAN", set the mode to adventure with cheats off and open the game on the on my computer.

My friend starts his 1.6.4 version of minecraft and opens his game. His game opens just fine and he goes to multiplayer. > He chooses to join and the little circles move but his computer doesnt show that my computer is hosting a game of minecraft.
                    *Dons Phoenix Wright wig* Ok here we go...
                    Ok time to delve deeper...

So first bolded line, is that just typo or could you elaborate on that alittle more?

Second bolded lines...
                    Ok so he selects to join but it's not in the list? could ya ellaborate on this? Trying to make sure I understand correctly...

:P

Comment

lol...just a typo. It's 3 am here. ^^;

He clicks on "join server" but my "username - mapname" doesnt show up like it used to.

I did just find out though that my local area connection in my command prompt is disconnected. It looks like this in the prompt:

"Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:
                      Media State:...............: Media Disconnected"

Would that have something to do with it?

Comment

that might do it...
                        off the top of me head... (and it's 4 am where I am as of right now)
                        that might be something to do with it.

Comment

Have any ideas on how to get it connected again? I'll let you know if I can get it but feel free to shed some (more of your godly) wisdom. ^^

Comment

ha...the only thing I got going for me is the fact I am wise in knowing how to approach tech problems. Alot of things are beyond me still when it comes to it and I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about...I just happen to think up the right stuff at the right times...sometimes.

Ok I think it is what I think it is...

So you want to try this

ipconfig/iprelease
                            then
                            ipconfig/iprenew

no idea if that'll do it but it's just a simple refresh command for your IP which...if what I read is correct, might do the trick.

EDIT: Also do this: go to control pannel > Device manager > network adapters and see if anything seems off there.

EDIT2 : oh gawds I'm a baka...the media disconnect is normal. shouldn't have to worry bout that, which means the problem is elsewhere =w=;
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-19-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Hmmm...I really wonder what it is. We were able to play one day but not the next? Hmmm...Well, one of the last times we play, I DID install Hamachi. Think that would have any effect?

Comment

Working...
                              X