Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone from Singapore... Help needed finding figures?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Singapore... Help needed finding figures?

Okay, so let me get this straight. I went hunting for some figures yesterday but all the stores I went to were closed down. So I kind of need help finding figures from Lucky Star, etc in Singapore. Btw, no Amazon or eBay kind of stuff. I don't have a credit card + parents don't trust eBay. So... Help?
    Originally posted by Konata Izumi
    Kagami, you tsundere.
    I think you got that wrong...

I was going to say "buy some online" but it appears that you're in the same boat as me. Desperately wanting some merch but have no way to pay for it.
    Sadly, I am not from Singapore. But I do know a forum user who is. My fellow librarian, bookdragon. If anyone were to know, it would be him (or her).
    Also, is it just eBay or all online stores that your parents don't trust? Because I would recommend AmiAmi for merch and figures. Although all prices are listed in Yen and shipping costs aren't listed. (You have to do some estimations for shipping costs).
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

All online stores actually, because they said there's "credit card" hacking and all that.
      Kagami, you tsundere.

Comment

Like TRXD said amiami would be the best place to get figure or plushies from pretty much anything. you don't actually need a credit card for them. a debit card should work just fine.

amiami is a trustworthy company though. you can take it from me.

Comment

The following options are for purchasing online without (directly) exposing your card information
          > A Mastercard/Visa gift card makes a pretty nice substitute when you don't have your own card. Availability depends on country, they're pretty easy to find in the US.
          > If you're planning for an eBay purchase (or plan on becoming a regular eBay buyer), getting a PayPal account can help. Link your credit/debit card to PayPal and when you buy things the sellers won't know your actual card information. PayPal essentially acts as a shield that protects your information. Plus, if the seller does try to scam you, PayPal and eBay do have protection policies in place to protect buyers.
          > Other than eBay, other sites (such as AmiAmi) can also accept PayPal so it's not restricted to eBay. Sadly Amazon does not accept PayPal payments.

Thinking about it for a bit, I do have an old set of figures for Konata and Kagami that is just sitting in storage doing nothing back at home in Thailand...

Comment

So... You bought them in Thailand? Maybe I should buy stuff there.
            I mean, I have about 365 SGD sitting there waiting to be spent...
            But apparently I'll have to stick to that figure store in this mall SO FAR from my house.
            Thanks for the help and all, might as well travel to find them figures.
            For now, I'm putting Lucky Star aside as it is a bit of a novelty to find.
            So for now, MADOKA MAGICA HUNTING
            (By the way, I heard Philippines is a good place to get anime stuff, but what about figures?)
            Kagami, you tsundere.

Comment

My first 3 were purchased at a convention in Thailand, after that it totally shifted to online shopping.

Have you thought about having someone acting as a proxy purchaser?

Comment

you're not going to get to far trying to buy them from stores or places you go to like conventions. if you want a variety of genuine merchandise there arn't many places you can find that will have everything you want. much less that are close by. unless you want to travle all around the world to buy your figures i would recommend finding some way to do it online. just remember not to buy anything that sounds too good to be true or that comes from china. granted china dose have some good stuff but it's a hit and a miss when you buy from there. not worth the risk if ou don't really have money to spare.

Comment

Thanks for all the support, Found my first Figma already:
                  Last edited by Kagami Hiiragi; 12-21-2013, 06:21 AM.
                  Kagami, you tsundere.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Hiiragi View Post
                      Thanks for all the support, Found my first Figma alreadly
                      Nice figure..... And pokemon dungeon xD

Comment

Haha, I don't have a DS. Those are from Akane, I intend to sell those if I can for 50$ each.
                        Kagami, you tsundere.

Comment

@Kagami
                          You should totally get a DS or 3DS and play it. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is one of my favourite minor series on the DS. The story is great, the characters (especially your partner) are so likable and memorable, and the gameplay mechanics are so well done.
                          Although I would not recommend Gates to Infinity at the moment. The partner in that is so egotistical and so boring. It is the only Mystery Dungeon where I've truly disliked my partner. The story so far is bland, dull, and overrated. I could be wrong but until I complete Gates to Infinity, I do not recommend it.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Ahem, emulators? It is legal of you own the game.
                            Kagami, you tsundere.

Comment

@Kagami
                              You do have a point there. But some emulators (like the one I have) aren't well-coded. Mine handles fine on some games but runs poorly on other games for example Contact and Kirby Super Star Ultra. I might need to get a different emulator as I desperately want to record both of those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X