X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature Pictures

A short little how-to guide for those that don't know how to make a picture work for sig pics

Ok, so let's say ya have a game screenshot or anime wallpaper or maybe some other picture and you think it would make a good banner for a signature.

Well here's the steps:

1. Take picture and look at it's dimensions and file size.

For this I'm going to use my Youtube Art (the source of my Sig Pic)

a whoopin' 2560x1440 and 937 KB

2. Look at requirements

The maximum size of your custom image is 800 by 300 pixels or 200.0 KB

So obviously my massive pic is too big.

3a. Upload picture to image hosting site that allows cropping and resizing.
    This is your first option and easiest. (Because sites like imgur and w/e else out there has this)

- Upload image
    - Select whatever option allows you to edit image
    - Select a portion you want to use via crop
    - if the portion fits within the required dimensions Then you're done.
    - if the portion doesn't fit the constraints, then use the resize function to make it fit while retaining the proportions.
    Protip: modify whatever dimension is larger when you try to shrink (or make it larger). If there is a proportion lock, then it will make this work.

3b. Use computer program to edit picture to fit constraints.
    You can use things like Windows Paint to do this. It's a bit more annoying to use...I wouldn't recommend this to people that aren't familiar with image editing. If you are good with image editing then this should be a nice alternative.

4. attempt to upload.
    This is where the file size comes into play. if everything works out, it should fit. If not, then you need a smaller picture.

5. Input the code.
    Once it does upload, then input this:

[sigpic][/sigpic]

This places the sig pic into the signature. you can use position commands like center or right or left to move it as you like.

666. if you followed this correctly, then you should have a sig pic.

I seriously question why I went and made this for something so simple...
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-21-2013, 01:02 PM.

I usually use Paint.net to crop images. I really like how the marquee tool displays pixel coordinates.

I think it might be nice to add something about those image file resize thingies, so you don't end up with a file of 50*50 pixels or something.
    My profile picture was something like ~250 KB before using one of them, and now it is 34,6 KB.

Seems like a slightly redundant tutorial though, why did you make this?

Comment

Because I'm kinda questioning why people aren't using it and, my basic fallback saying is, there's been stranger reasons given as to why not.

So I'm giving knowledge to those that for some reason can't figure it out (because you can easily find avatar sized pics so can't use that...)

Probably because in the forum I was in last, PSO-World Forums, it was stock Avatars but you could put almost anything in the sig, so people used that as their personal touch, because Avatars didn't really give ya much...

Comment

Working...
      X