X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help writing a book

So I'm making an attempt at writing a book, except I have little idea what it's about. I have this general idea about aliens getting into a war with humans over the flavour of blue cheese American potato chips, but I don't know how to flesh that out, or even if I should pursue the idea. Please help.
    No whatever, more Reimu!

*Epic deep narrator voice*

In a time...when Aliens and Humans fight over the flavor of blue cheese flavored potato chips...

My tip: Start with the end. Listen to music that would fit and try to figure out how it could end.
    Before that: Determine the tone: Comedic? Or Serious?
    Then pick through music and find something that would match an ending scenario.

That's how I work...
    If you can figure out how it can end, then you can figure out the beginning.

If you ask me, make it like a spoof of every horror styled Human VS Alien movie/book/game
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Well, the ending is easy: One alien is forced fed the chips, but finds them good. Realizing that they were acting on the opinions of their dictator, the alien tells everyone, leading to the overthrowing of the dictator, & peace in the galaxy.

That's how I would end it. I don't think I could spoof well. As for the the song this would fit... Last Remote. It starts out in low spirits, gets more hopeful, & at the end those ZUNpets burst out triumphantly! Just like most resolutions really.
      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Spoof Independence Day. You can only make it better.

I mean...imagine twisting this scene to your concept.

You have to have the crazy guy that launches a missile loaded with blue cheese chips, or kamikaze's a ship made out of the stuff...

Comment

...I'll think about it.
          No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Or you could do it Talos Angel style and get drunk. She writes some pretty awesome stuff when she's drunk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Isnt that how ZUN makes Touhou games?

Comment

Well you do not have to begin with the end. You can not have a story with just a beginning. That was the trap i went into with Fight againts Fantasy. Once i added the middle it looked much better. I still have no idea of how it will end, but that is fine because I do not build it up from the end, but from the fear of SYSTEM and the need to go back to how things used to be.

Just make sure to plan out a good portion of it so you do not feel like hitting yourself as much as me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk 2
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
                  Or you could do it Talos Angel style and get drunk.
                  Legal drinking age in Ontario is 19. I'm 18. I wouldn't drink anyways.

And Katrix, that right there is the problem: the middle. All that I know right now is that I should try to have an equal focus on both sides. Also, that the humans will ally with a different species of more vulpine aliens... Does that sound weird?
                  No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Fine fine, I'll tell you my writing process. I basically have a bunch of scenes in my head from a month or two of thinking, after I get the introduction written, I piece the scenes together in a somewhat logical order and then write stuff to fill in the gaps in between.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds great! Alright, time to get thinking.
                      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Working...
                      X