Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topaz's Heart Throbbing Winter Adventure: Hold my Cat!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topaz's Heart Throbbing Winter Adventure: Hold my Cat!

so Today (Jan.7th) I left my house at approximately 6:30am PCT to catch a flight at 9:15 landing in Moscow, Idaho at 10am, the trip was meant only to take a morning. Upon making it through security with flying colors and the TSA actually smiling for a change, the lady who checked my ticket drew a damn smiley face, I thought this trip was going to be the nicest trip. I made it to my gate in SeaTac with about 20 minutes to spare after stopping for a coffee because I needed caffeine to stay awake with my cute 4 hours of sleep. I sat down and pulled up Mumble on my phone to kill time, choosing the name YoloSwagMaster_Miko for the lulz. I was messaging like normal when I heard an announcement say my flight was delayed 15 minutes, no big deal just some ice on the runway at the destination and we'd be on our way no problem. 15 more minutes pass and the same announcement rings out saying that we're going to be delayed 15 more minutes, then another saying 30. When the word "Canceled" was said the first thing out of my mouth was a loud "Son of a Bitch". So I, along with every other now screwed college student on that flight, went down to the customer service kiosk to get the flight switched so we could get on with it. The time at this point was 10:30am. I finally got up to the desk at 11 because of the line that literally went half way down the concourse.
    "So I need my flight changed to get me to Moscow, Idaho" I said
    "Pullman/Moscow Airport is closed due to weather until Wednesday"
    "Well that does me zero good seeing as my classes start then, can you get me into Lewiston (20minutes south of Moscow)?"
    "No all those flights are booked" at this point I'm racking my brain for another airport remotely near there.
    "What about Spokane?"
    "We can do that."
    "Will you cover the cost of additional transportation since it's 100 miles north of where I wanted to be because you canceled your flight?"
    "No, weather caused cancellations are not the company's fault and there for we are not liable for reimbursements" I wanted to punch the assistant lady at this point but I instead worked out getting my checked in bag to the right plane since me having a shirt is a little more important than me bitching. I made it onto the flight after making friends with two marketing majors one who was a senior traveling with his cat "Buster" who was still just 8 months old, and a Junior who was a member of the Greek house Sigma Nu. Seeing as we all were going to the same place we figured we had nothing to lose working together to get to Idaho. It should NOT be that hard getting to Idaho, seriously there's nothing there but potatoes and republicans with guns. We made it into Spokane and down to the baggage claim where the attendant told us our bags had NOT been transferred and so they were all still going to Pullman, Well I didn't like that answer so I walked into the baggage office and filed a complaint and a report to have my number called upon my bags arrival. I'm no sooner done describing my bag as I see it out of the corner of my eye, drifting by like an elegant purple brick.
    "There's my bag! Cancel that request" I charged out of the office, grabbed my bag and took off like a Remi out of hell to catch up to where the bus was boarding. I met back up with my travel buddies who's bag I had seen too, I told them about the baggage lady being full of shit and we ran back and grabbed the bags meanwhile the bus got full and though the company had arranged to have another bus come to pick up the rest of us the price would have come to $45 for just to board with an additional $15 per bag which would have made my total come to $60 more than I had wanted to spend.
    We turned to the cab driver who was sitting behind his steering wheel twiddling his thumbs and we looked at eachother.
    "Hey can you take us to Pullman/Moscow"
    "I'd take you to Florida if you could pay for it" we saw that as a challenge accepted. We went inside for a little bit to see if we could find anyone else who was going our way, we bumped into an exchange student from Australia on his way to Pullman and a Architecture student going to the same place, they had teamed up for the same reason my little group had gotten together. We asked the cab driver how much it would cost to get all 5 of us down there and the total was $250, he said we could split it evenly between all of us for a total of $50 for each of us saving all of us about $10 to $20 all depending on how many bags we had. So we hit the road, 6 people in a small minivan full of bags, we must have resembled a clown car yet we were still time and money ahead. Now on the way southbound to Moscow everything seems to be in the clear. About 30 minutes into the trip in the taxi we come across a car over turned in the ditch, not too uncommon seeing as it's snowy out and many college students don't come from areas that have a lot of snow. The cab driver looked at us and we all looked at him. "Do you want me to pull over and see if they're ok"
    "Yeah sure why not"
    so we pulled over and all of us got out of the car which I'm sure looked silly as the number of us and the size of the car was rather disproportionate. The guy in the car was another student going to the college up in Spokane, he lost traction on the road and had slid off to the side where his car skidded to it's side. He was in shock and was convinced his car had rolled despite there being no evidence for this in the snow. The Student with the cat decided to help the driver out of the vehicle since he was still in it he merely turned to the driver and said "Hold my cat"
    The car wasn't badly damaged and the driver had no visible injuries and we had already called 911 and a tow truck to get the driver taken care of, at about this time another car had pulled onto the side of the road and had offered to stay with the driver until the people all showed up to help. With that we all clamored back into the Taxi and kept going.
    Time passed and we made it into Pullman which is just 10 minutes away from Moscow, here we dropped off the Australian exchange student and the Architecture student since their destination was was Pullman, we finally pulled into Moscow where upon making it to outside of my dorm I flung myself into the snow yelling "LAAAAAAANNNDDDDDD" the cab driver only laughed since he had heard our story and knew just how grateful I was to be at my front door step, with that I paid the good cab driver and walked into my dorm.

Never thought I'd be so damn happy to be in a dorm~
    I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Why not just commandeer a plane?

Comment

epic taishi sama

Comment

"HOLD MY CAT" spoken in that deep, badass like voice.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ibuki Suika View Post
          Why not just commandeer a plane?
          I would have loved to, but TSA is cranky at that and I have no clue how to fly an airplane. I'm sure all I have to do is take the controls and sing "Flight of the Valkyries" but all the flashy lights are quite distracting...
          I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Comment

I have a(n) (probably expired) junior piloting license. Though I feel small biplanes are perhaps a bit primitive in comparison to larger commercial jet liners xD

Comment

Working...
            X