X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams?

Woke up earlier after a dream about a Touhou convention. Met all the YC people; Cyros had long-ass hair, everyone was egging on Remi to present a speech, Trouble's Uncle picked her up in an unhitched Semi-truck and drove erratically, ect.

Do you dream in color? Do you have control over your dreams?

General dreams discussion.

I've had all types

and I do believe they were all in color...

My top 4 dreams

- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar "We're not in Kansas anymore" canyon airport Droid spacecraft blasted by Proton Torpedo on a space speeder without a space suit heading for a space labyrinth in SPAAAACE.

- Revolution mass power outage glidding around like Pit in Kid Icarus

- Every nightmare that involves something eating/killing me in my own bed

- The dream that could have made a good hentai that ultimately, after heavy censoring, resulted in the backstory of my one OC Kiara .... true story. Don't ask me for details.

Comment

Make way, make way. The oneiromancer is here.
      For people who have not known, I am an oneiromancer and I do study dreams in my spare time. Apart from Touhou and the sort, dreams are the biggest thing to enrapture me. Any form of discussion about the sort will have me discussing it thoroughly. It even gives me an opportunity to practice my oneiromancy skills by analysing them and understanding their meanings. As proven in a prior dream thread.
      Personally, I don't dream often. Much to my disappointment and sadness. My two most recent dreams, one quoted in the prior dream thread, have both had a big impact upon me. They were signs of what were to come and what my mind secretly feared. The first of the recent ones can actually be confirmed to be connected to the Christmas thread. As for my second recent one, I'll have to quote it from my dream journal in due time. Yes, I do have one. It helps me with my oneiromancy.

I would actually like to analyse your dream, JR. Despite the lack of description, it's still enough to get a basic understanding. It's obviously a dream about friendship and companionship. You are attending a Touhou convention with all of your friends around you. You feel safe. Calm. You have found a place to be and the friends to be with. You are not alone.

Of course, that was very basic. I could be wrong but it's what I could get.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

1: dreamed i was flying on a toaster, fell off and grew wings (somehow) and seeing characters from a manga I had just read.
        2: dreamed i was sitting next to Sakores talking to him, we also played tag.. (dont judge me, i liek tag.)
        3: Some weird dream (with some censoring) that people were having sex and I just happened to be in the room... (I swear, the talk of hentai in mumble influenced this one. >:T)

Otherwise, I haven't dreamed at all.
        I never dream actually...
        Last edited by Suzzie2; 02-07-2014, 07:30 PM. Reason: I put dreaded, wtf I ment dream

Comment

@Cirno
          0_0
          I... Erm... I am not going to analyse those. In all my studies, I don't know how to deal with the more... unusual ones.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
            @Cirno
            0_0
            I... Erm... I am not going to analyse those. In all my studies, I don't know how to deal with the more... unusual ones.
            ;_;
            People's words influence my thoughts which, if I do dream, influence my dream.

"unusual"....
            You could have just said they were messed up from the start...

Comment

Ok, here's a dream. My dreams are usually very vivid, almost as if I'm actually there, and not only that, I can usually feel what's going on in my dreams, like if I'm burned, shocked, cut, or if I feel the wind in my hair. I sometimes get lucid dreams, but nothing where I can warp the dreams. I simply have control over my actions.

Also, I usually get dreams that are filled with action, or horror, sometimes both.

I was walking through a wasteland, similar to the ones you see in post-apocalyptic movies. I had a bullet-proof vest, an AR-15, a knife, and a backpack full of supplies. There was a dust storm raging, and unfortunately for me, I had nothing to shield my eyes, so I used my arm instead. After a couple minutes following the street I was on, I came across a beat up tower made of sheet metal and pipes to my right flank, and a rusted, blown up car to my left flank. As I walked in between them, a random rugged man appeared on the ledge of the tower with an RPG, and all of a sudden, he fired. The rocket slammed into the ground behind me, a couple feet away, and I was launched against the car's rusted hood, where I bounced and rolled to the other side of the car. I was jarred from the hit I took, but I seemed fine, just a ringing in my ears and slightly blurred vision. Thanks the the dust storm, the man was having a hard time seeing me, so what I did is that I sneaked over to the tower and quietly climbed up the piping. As soon as I got up top, the man had another rocket prepped and fired at me, but I jumped to the side, and as soon as the rocket passed by me, I lunged at him with my knife, stabbed him, and pushed him off the ledge, a 50 foot drop.

That's the point where the dream ended.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, dreams. I like dreams. If I doit right I can have some basic control over them. What I usually do is that I have to be in a sort of state where I am both asleep and awake at the same time. If you talk to me I'll hear you and be able to answer, but I can still dream at the same time. The interesting thing is that if I control my dreams to a specific setting, if a fall completely asleep, it will continue from that setting.

Luckily for me, I can remember dreams extremely well. I've been told that most people forget their dreams after a few hours at most. For me it can take a whole day. Heck, I even remember a few dreams that I had a few months or more ago.

In fact the most recent time I did it was this night. I don't remember the exact beginning, but I think it was something about some sort of adventure of some sort. One quarter of the way trough the dream, Death himself suddenly appeared and was looking at me. Luckily I used some sort of spell so he wouldn't attack me. Instead he talked to one of my companions that were also in the room and said something along these lines. "I thought we agreed on that he was not supposed to wander in that body outside of *insert place here*. The price he will pay is death if it does not change soon". Death then disappeared and I continued to sleep (it was during the night). When I woke up the next day I found that my companion had transferred my soul to my other companion. Although at first you might think I would be uncomfortable, but that was not the case at all. I loved my new body. More so than I had with my old body. The adventure the continued for a good amount of time. After some time I began to feel bad for taking away my other companions body, yet I decided that I would not return it as I was much more comfortable.

And that's all of it. Weird huh. Do note that there is a important detail in the story that I'm not saying for personal reasons.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                  "Death has appeared!"
                  Nice dream. I've never encounter body-swap dreams before.
                  And don't worry, bro. You don't have to tell us. I mean you can tell me if you really wanted to but you don't have to.
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-07-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I do remember another dream, well nightmare...
                    I woke up in bed to a scream. I ran towards the source which happened to be my best friend. I saw someone kill her and her family then turn towards me. I started to run, but I fell. I go up and ran to my house and locked the door. I went and hid in the upstairs of my house. The killer broke the door down, and I heard him kill my parents... I heard their screams...oh the horrible screams........ I hear the killer come to the room I am in, and I turn to look and see a huge bloody knife... I hear him say "You're next" and then see him lunge at me. I woke up after that.

Comment

Most of my dreams are an incoherent chain of unrelated events that sometimes go into complete tangents that had nothing to do with the previous scenes. The events themselves are either scifi and bizarre or realistic events with people I know, but in odd settings. Most of my dreams I only remember small details of.

I guess it kinda reflects on how my mind works. My thinking does often go on huge tangents.

Personally I don't think dreams have any real deep or meaningful insight, at least mine don't. And I certainly don't believe in predicting the future with them any more than some old hag looking into a Chrystal ball.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

@TRXD

Death had actually a very little role in the dream. Like 2 minutes, short role.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@Shimi
                          I can agree on the whole future prediction stuff. I don't like using anything to predict the future. I would rather take my future how I like. Fresh and about to arrive. Despite oneiromancy meaning divination by dreams, oneiromancy is more of the study of dreams and analysis of them. It was just a coincidence that one of my dreams did predict the future and the other almost did. It was more of the fact that I can naturally predict things based upon patterns and what I personally think. So the Patchouli dream was merely what I was thinking at the time. What I truly feared at that time and what mind thought was going to happen.

@Katrix
                          Eh. Whatever. Death was still in it. Nuff said.

Comment

Had a dream I logged onto Yukkuricraft and no one knew who I was, and was at child rank

Comment

@TRXD

Actually, I think the reason death was in that dream was because I read about some book that had death as the narrator. I am serious about this. Death just seems like something pulled from somewhere completely else.

@Yukkurirumia

Such a weird dream. How did it go? Did you have to take the quiz again?
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X