Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haganai is the worst manga I have ever read!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haganai is the worst manga I have ever read!

Dear Yukkuricraft, I have read Haganai for 6 volumes, & I can safely say that it is bad. Here is why.

At first, it seems like it might be good, what with the premise of friendless people forming a club to make friends being very relatable. Then everything started to go downhill starting with the arrival of Sena. If she's supposed to be seen as sympathetic, then I do not understand why they made both her & Yozora act like bitches. If one of them acted like that, then I would feel more sympathy, but since it's both of them, all I feel is nothing. Let's talk about Yozora. Yozora's only slightly more sympathetic due to a subplot she has with Kodaka, our protagonist, but it doesn't make up for her basically bullying Sena. Then again, Sena acts like a lolicon around Kodaka's little sister Kobato, aka Reisys VI Felicity Sumeragi. Speaking of Reisys, I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the writer who decided to give her censored nude scenes in volumes 2 & 5. It's especially baffling that I got to see that unwrapped, since Canada has a "WE MUST PROTECT THE FICTIONAL CHILDREN" attitude. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but dammit. The same can't be said for Rika. Pervy scientist Rika made me very uncomfortable, & I read a scene in Watamote where Tomoko Kuroki watches people have sex from the rooftops (BTW read Watamote, it's better.) I used to think that Yukimura was the best character, until I spoiled myself on the resolution to his character arc, which is a total cop out. As such, Maria became my favourite. Overall, it's mediocre at best, & it's better if you're a fan of harem anime. I give it a 5/I can't even unload it on my sister, & by that I mean 10.

Feel free to criticize me, or put your own criticisms of Haganai. Thank you.
    No whatever, more Reimu!

I read the title and I hereby declare you a heretic.

Kobato for life.

Comment

Git excom'd
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

I hate the name they gave it. It's suppose to be "I Don't Have Any Friends" and I found the anime to be good.

Sent by Tapatalk
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

what the hell do they call it in english

Comment

Haganai is what they went with.

Sent by Tapatalk
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

well I mean I don't see anything wrong with that considering that's what it's called in Japanese...

Comment

It's called "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" in japanese.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

I assure you I know the full title as well. Its short title is called haganai. 僕友達ない If you read all of the hiragana in the title it spells out haganai. Japan generally refers to titles (and things and everything else under the sun) by four letter names. Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai -> haganai, puzzles and dragons -> pazudora, -> Grand Central station -> gurasen, Taiko no Tatsujin -> taitatsu etc etc. I believe they also use haganai to refer to itself in official things as well.

Comment

Sites I use always use full titles for shows so when I see shorten names being used instead of the full translations, it ticks me off.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

I just get my shit in Japanese so I just call it whatever the majority of people call it. Usually that 4 character version of the name.

Comment

OK, I'm back, I'm calmer, & I'm ready to continue this thread.

To tell everyone the truth, I've been thinking about dumping it since volume 2, with it's eroge scene. The spoiler with Yukimura was just the last straw. As for the great name debate, I personally think that having "Haganai" as the main English title makes it easier to trademark & sell due to it's uniqueness. "I don't have many friends" is still the subtitle anyways.

At least it's not like "My Love Story", a kinda good manga with a generic name, out 2 days ago from VIZ.
                        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

If you don't want the manga I'll gladly take them off of you for no charge :P

Comment

Why, you have a P.O. Box?
                            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

I feel like you went into reading Haganai with entirely the wrong mindset.
                              It's an ecchi, harem title where shenanigans occur up until some sort of mini-story arc that concludes with the main character saying/doing something to make a member of his entourage swoon.
                              If you're not into that kind of thing then reading/watching the series is gonna be a lot of effort.

You also need to bear in mind that the characters being awkward and hard to get along with is essentially the entire point of them being in the story to begin with.
                              There's a reason they don't have friends, you know.
                              So if you don't like awkward/abrasive people then the only person left to like is, as you stated, Maria.
                              Who is pretty much completely undeveloped and only exists as a mini-moe.
                              (And the cutest little "nun" since Index.)

Having said that, I will agree that it's not really anything special,
                              but it's really not anything particularly terrible either.

Comment

Working...
                              X