X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I best write an opinion piece?

I want to write an opinion piece for my website. What is the best way to choose a subject & write about it?
    No whatever, more Reimu!

Well, the most obvious thing would be to:
    Pick a subject you enjoy
    Find something related to that subject
    Write an honest review it. If it sucks, it sucks. If it was awesome, it was awesome. In my eyes, be free with how you write with it.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

be one of those movie critics

Comment

Alright, I'm ready to begin writing.
        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

As to address this myself, I usually recommend taking a look at other reviewers and bloggers. People who try to convey their opinions on a certain subject or media. There are a variety of people who do this including people like TotalBiscuit, Digibro, Kirbopher (although he's more of an animator over anything). Generally, there isn't a right or wrong way to convey an opinion. If you can support your opinions and not make baseless accusations or throw childish hissy fits, then you can't go wrong. I know people who have a VARIETY of opinions on subjects. I know people, like Digibro, who hate Nui in Kill la Kill (despite how much I liked her) but I respect their opinions because I can understand the reasoning behind it all. Some things are not up to people's tastes and other things will be liked by certain people even if they are hated elsewhere.

I myself have yet to properly start in the world of reviewing and creating commentary and blogs but I do know tips and tricks here and there. I know what what a good review and what makes a sh*t review. I know what is merely poor communication of opinions and I know when one is trolling or taking things too far. I myself have done this in the past. I went on a massive hate train against Witch Craft Works and I know that some of my reasons were not well supported or well thought through. This is why it's only a 5 on MyAnimeList and not any lower. It's a decent anime if you look at it in certain perspectives. But it was one that rubbed me the wrong way.

In my honest opinion, just write about something that you want to personally address and gave your opinions on it. And if you think that your opinion won't be solid as it stands, then try to solidify it and support it with examples and other opinions. Try to look into the piece of media that you are giving an opinion about. Look into what you are doing. Overall, just what you want to write. Let nothing bias you and make your opinions your own. After all, what good is a forced opinion?
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

make pop-culture jokes every paragraph so that Cracked.com can hire you.

Comment

I always thought Cracked was all about the dick jokes.

Anyways, it's time for me to do research on my chosen topic. Thank you all.
              No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Working...
              X