X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Patchouli's Illnesses Be Cured?

Let me drive home the fact that I still don't know much about Touhou Project. I don't know much, and even the characters that I understand, they are alien to me. This morning Diabolo42, the active Koakuma, gave me an idea that I then expressed to him via RP. Is it possible for Patchouli, after taking enough medication from this Eirin and using enough magic, to cure her illnesses? I know, I know, if there was a way, she probably would have done so long ago. But... It's magic! How can magic not cure illnesses? Magic, to my knowledge, has no limits!

I genuinely curious about this, guys.

Because common sense doesnt apply in Gensokyo.
    I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

I mean, I feel like more than anything, Patchy would have been able to heal her own illness with her immense magical power should it have been possible. Maybe she can but chooses not to?

Comment

Seems likely, Remi, but why would a librarian not want to cure something that stops her from reciting spells? Could it be possible that she wants to be underestimated? I don't know anymore, man. I'm going to talk to that Patchy on my Forum RP...

EDIT: Alright, I think I get it.
        Quote from Knouli: The cause of Patchouli's illness stems from her exposure to mercury and arsenic, both invaluable components to witchcraft, and witches such as Alice and herself. To 'cure' herself would mean to either enter into an environment as such where her exposure to such elements could remain minimal, or, to outright reject the arcane in general. 'Yes' it's possible to 'cure' herself of her illness, but it would be something more of a temporary reprieve, as the true nature of her physical degradation lies in her own existence.
        Major Mario: She's ill because she exists?
        Knouli: She's ill because she's a mage.

It makes sense to me... But still, there's always room for doubt and another angle.
        Last edited by Major Mario; 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I hadn't thought about what being a magician entailed, but thinking about it, it would certainly make sense. I like the explanation!

Comment

Not only, the whole mercury and arsenic thing but Patchouli also has vitamin D,vitamin B, vitamin A, deficiencies and asthma, It would take a miracle to cure her.

Comment

Just to let you know, you're necroing a lot of threads that are at least a year old. Make sure to check the date of the last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
                Just to let you know, you're necroing a lot of threads that are at least a year old. Make sure to check the date of the last post.
                Sounds like something I say every time I look at an old Youtube video's comment section.
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                X