Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry for not introducing myself earlier...

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for not introducing myself earlier...

Anyway, I'm The Bathead, a newcomer to YukkuriCraft and aspiring minion of Remilia Scarlet. I'm a man of few words, but the words I do use I choose carefully. I don't like revealing too much about my RL online, so lemme instead talk about how I found Touhou. Pack your gears for a long story.

One of the very first things I watched on YouTube (maybe THE first thing), about five years ago (or so I believe; beyond a few months ago my memory of precise dates in my life begins to fail me), was a compilation of Touhou remixes in two parts. All I remember of those videos was that the first three songs on the first vid were U.N. Owen Was Her, Necrofantasy and Necrofantasia and that a song I believe was on the second disk had a picture of a girl in a forest picking flowers or something. That's hardly enough to go back looking for it on, and besides, what are the chances that a 5+-year-old video would still be popular and thus easy to find? Plus, by this point in time, one or both parts may have been removed by the uploader or been taken down because of claims of copyright infringement. Anyway, I didn't go from there to anything else Touhou, because it didn't particularly intrigue me at the time, and before long I had completely forgotten about Touhou, and I moved on with my life... or so I thought.

But no one escapes the Hakurei Border forever, and several months ago, as my senior year of high school was drawing to a close, I was at a meeting of my school's Japanese Club preparing to receive a group of guest students from Japan. One of the guys at the club was wearing a t-shirt with a Final-Fantasy-style picture of Marisa and the words in Final Fantasy font, "Touhou Project." Again, I had no further contact with Touhou for a while, but not for long.

I was trolling videos of Pokémon music a few weeks later, and found some videos of music from other games, including Touhou, in a Pokémon soundfont. The Touhou ones were my favorites, and I followed links from them to one guy's videos of Touhou music in Final Fantasy 4 soundfont. Before long, though, I lost interest in those songs and thus in all I knew of Touhou. Over the next few months, I went back to Pokémon and somehow found the time to argue with a guy about bad words. (He said they included "idiot," "imbecile," "stupid," "sucker" and "moron", hurt the hearts of us all, and would be punished by God.) Once I realized that arguing with him was pointless, I dropped contact with him, never touched Pokémon again, and wondered what to do.

Of course, the Hakurei Border called again, and out of boredom, I clicked on my bookmark of one of the Touhou Fantasy 4 songs, then found a playlist of several of them, which I bookmarked instead of the one song. Then I went back to I believe Final Fantasy, but only for a week or two. Then I returned to the playlist of Touhou Fantasy 4 themes, and noticed, in the suggestions of one, a Demetori remix of Necrofantasia. From there, and later from other suggestions from other songs in the playlist, I crawled through the video suggestions, bookmarking videos I liked as I went.

Of course, college freshman life had to intervene before long, but I still found plenty of time to crawl through Touhou videos, find original soundtracks, and post comments, occasionally engaging in a comment war, and by now, about a month and a half later, I've bookmarked or liked quite a lot of Touhou videos, and found many more. And my search goes on, until I have found every Touhou video on YouTube, which will not likely happen in my lifetime. And even then, I will still be a Touhou fan forever, even beyond death.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the story of my Touhou fandom. As it was taking shape in my head, I felt the burning need to post it somewhere. YouTube wasn't adequate, but I realized that I hadn't introduced myself here, and decided to make this my introduction here. If this wasn't the introduction you were expecting, sorry; I may be unwilling to divulge some of the information you want.
    Originally posted by JesusOfNazareth
    Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
    And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Well at least try to have fun with us and take it easy
    sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome!! : D

Comment

Welcome to the forums & server, theBATHEAD!
          Have fun and remember to take it easy~
          Originally posted by Mogeko
          Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
          Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
          Praise be to prosciutto.
          ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Hi and welcome~!

Comment

I joined after you, so technically I cannont really welcome you, but I'm going to do so anyways.

Welcome~! Have fun~! Everything else that people usually write here~!

Comment

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me to the server. BTW, 99465, how do you put a quote supposedly from someone else in your signature?
                Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
                And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Comment

Welcome to the forum my friend, and Rinnosuke disagrees with your signature.
                  "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Originally posted by theBATHEAD View Post
                    Thanks to all of you for welcoming me to the server. BTW, 99465, how do you put a quote supposedly from someone else in your signature?
                    You take the quote as though you were using it in a regular message, copy both the quote and the BB Code with it, then paste it when you edit your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by theBATHEAD View Post
                      BTW, 99465, how do you put a quote supposedly from someone else in your signature?
                      It's easy.
                      In the signature options you write: [quot=<person>]stuffs[/quot], but write quote instead of quot.
                      That'll give you this:
                      Originally posted by <person>
                      stuffs
                      Originally posted by Mogeko
                      Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                      Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                      Praise be to prosciutto.
                      ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@ Nastenary: That's why I changed it.

@ cucoo5, 99465: Thanks for telling me how to do so.

Comment

Ha! Rule # ⑨ buddy, if it exists, there's a touhou parody or crossover of it.
                          "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Working...
                          X