X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter: The Ultimate Hunt

I'm not sure how many people here know of Monster Hunter but I'm doing a story on it. I do have grammer problems and not great on details so please bear with it. R&R if you want.

Monster Hunter: The Ultimate Hunt
    A story of a hunter who’s searching for the monster that killed his master. After meeting some people, can he accomplish his journey? Some similarities to MH Orage

Prologue
    Forest: Mid-day

An adult male in Hunter’s Armor is walking with a little boy. “Hey Master, what are we hunting today?” A little grayish-silver, spikey haired boy with red eyes asks as he carries a Bone Kris Sword and Shield. “Just some Jaggis, we got to have some fresh meat.” The spikey blonde haired male said while carrying a wrapped up greatsword.

After walking for 5 minutes, the male stops walking. “What is it?” The boy asks. “Shhh.” The male says. He moves his hand down, signaling the boy to crouch down. The boy crouches and so does the male. They slowly walk forward and hide behind a bush. They slowly open the bush and looks through. “There.” The male says softly.

The boy sees a group of 5 Jaggis. The boy gets excited and is about to leap over the bush when the male stops him. The boy looks over at his master. He points to the right and the boy looks over and sees 2 Jaggias. The male signals the boy to stay here. The boy stays as the male sneaks around. The boy watches as his master sneaks around and kills the Jaggias and Jaggis. The boy does an open mouth smiles.

A growl comes from behind the boy. The boy turns around slowly and sees a Great Jaggi staring at him. The boy gets scared and can’t move. The Great Jaggi goes and tries to bite him but gets its head chopped off by the male. “That was close.” The male said. The boy sighs. The male looks at the boy and starts to laugh. “What’s so funny Master? I was scared.” The boy said. “Yeah, so scared that you peed yourself.” The male said.

The boy looks down and notices that he did peed himself. “I thought that I was dead, it’s only natural.” The boy said. The male smiles and places his right hand on the boy’s head.

“As long as you believe in your friends and partners, there’s nothing to be afraid of.” The male says. “Like with Lyra?” The boy asks. The male smiles. “Yeah, now come on, we have a bigger haul than originally thought. We better get going, Zedept.” The male said.

Forest: Night – 9 Years Later

A grayish-silver, spikey haired male, sitting against a tree with a wrapped up greatsword leaning on him with his right hand on the handle, wakes up. “It was only a dream.” He said.

“But why now? It’s been 9 years since Master was killed by that unknown monster.” He said. He looks at the greatsword. “Master, I’m sorry that I’m not following your teachings about friendship and partners. Please forgive me.” He said before falling back asleep.

Here's the Prologue for it. Opinions are welcome and if you want a hunter, I am sorry but all the roles are fulled already. Please enjoy the story.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Hunt 1: The Hunt Begins

Verasic, the Eastern Continent’s capital and its biggest city. Hunters from all over the continent gather here to get information on the continent’s monsters. On the busy street of Hustira, A silver, spikey haired hunter with a scar on his left eye is walking the street in Black Yian Garuga armor and a wrapped up greatsword. Everyone is looking at him because of his armor’s color.

He ignores them and looks at a piece of paper and then looks around. He arrives in front of Verasic’s guild. “So this is it.” He says and walks into the guild. Every hunter looks at him as he walks to a table and sits down and places his greatsword next to him. A guild waitress walks over to him. “Anything to drink?” She asks. “Milk.” He says and she walks off and returns with a cup of milk. “May I ask you something?” Sha asks as she places the cup on the table.

“What?” He asks. “Is your armor Yian Garuga?” She asks. “Yes. Why?” He replies and asks. “Yian Garugas can’t be found on this continent, did you come from one of the other continents?” She asks. “I’ve traveled around to the main 4 continents so I’ve encountered many different monsters over the years. Enough questions, now leave.” He says and she leaves.

5 minutes later, a female walks over to him. “Hey you, you’re in my seat!” She said. He looks over and sees a female with blonde hair in a ponytail and in a modified Qurupeco armor and carrying an Iron Katana Long Sword. He closes his eyes and looks away and finishes his drink and puts his greatsword on his back on starts to walk off.

The female gets ticked. “Hey, I’m talking to you!” She says and grabs his shoulder. He turns around and grabs hid greatsword and swings it with one hand and stops it a less than half an inch from her throat. “Don’t ever touch me again.” He says as his eyes pierce her eyes. She gets scared and backs off. He puts his greatsword back on his back and walks over to the information board.

The hunters start laughing. “Lyra got scared.” One of the hunters said. “Shut up!” Lyra said as she looks at them. Lyra looks over at him. “I’ve seen that greatsword somewhere before but where?” She asks in her head. A female guild person walks over to him. “Need any help?” She asks. “I’m looking for a special monster. I don’t know its name but it’s been called ‘Master of Elements’. Any clues?” He asks.

“Master of Elements? Are you talking about that dragon from the legends?” She asks. “Yes.” He said. All of the hunters start to laugh. “You actually believe in that legend?” A male hunter asks. “Everyone knows that it’s only a story.” A female hunter said. Lyra looks at him. “Someone else that believes that it exists as well.” She says in her head.
    “Sorry sir, we don’t have any.” The female guild member says. “Alright, thank you.” He says and leaves. Lyra watches him leave. “Why is it that I have a feeling that I know him from somewhere?” She asks herself softly.

“Lyra, you have a hunt. It’s a Qurupeco that’s been spotted.” The female guild member said. “Thank you, I’m on it.” Lyra said and then leaves for the forest.

Verasic Forest: Mid-day

Lyra is looking for the Qurupeco. “Where is it?” She asks herself. Suddenly she gets surrounded by a large herd of Jaggi and Jaggias. “These guys will be easy.” Lyra said as she pulls out her long sword. She kills some of the Jaggis and Jaggias when 3 Greta Jaggis appeared behind her. She looks behind her and sees them and they go and attack her. Lyra can’t react in time.

Suddenly a wrapped up greatsword flies in and pierces one of the Great Jaggis bodies and knocks it into the other 2. “Geez, you can’t even watch your own back?” A male asks. Lyra looks to her left and sees the silver haired hunter. “It’s you.” Lyra said in shock. He walks over and pulls his greatsword out with one hand and blood overs half of his greatsword.

“I don’t need any help.” Lyra said. He looks around. “Really?” He asks. Lyra looks around and sees that they are surrounded. “Fine, mind helping me?” She asks. “Just this once.” He said and they kill off all the Jaggis, Jaggias and the 2 Great Jaggis. “Thanks for the help.” Lyra said. “Whatever.” He said.

Lyra looks over to him and she sees him taking the wrapping off his greatsword and it reveals a white, double edges greatsword. (Similar to the White Knight’s greatsword from Infinite Stratos.) “That greatsword!” Lyra said with a surprised tone in her voice. “What about it?” He asks as he cleans the blood off of it. “Where did you get that greatsword?” She asks seriously.

“It’s my master’s greatsword. He said that when I was old enough that I will get it, but he died 9 years ago to an unknown monster.” He said. Lyra is surprised by his reply. “Your master’s name wouldn’t have been Karusai by any chance?” Lyra asks. “Yeah, how did you know?” He asks. He then thinks back to his past. “Hold on you wouldn’t be?” He asks.

“Master’s daughter!” “Dad’s student!” They said at the same time. They look at each with shocked looks. “Uhhh.” He said. “Your name please? It’s been a long time.” Lyra said. “It’s Zedept.” He said. “Last time I saw you was shortly after dad died.” Lyra said. “A lot has happened since then.” Zedept said as he places his greatsword on his back.

He starts to walk off. “Wait, let me join you.” Lyra said. “No thanks, I’ve been alone for 9 years now. I don’t need anyone with me.” Zedept says. “Don’t tell me that you forgot about dad’s teachings?” Lyra asks. Zedept stops. “I’m coming with you, because I believe in that monster as well.” Lyra said. Zedept looks over his right shoulder. “Fine but don’t slow me down.” He says as he looks away from her. “You can count on me.” Lyra said and then they walk together and start their search for the unknown dragon from the legend.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Hunt 2: Getting Along?

It’s been 3 days since Lyra joined Zedept on his search for the unknown dragon. Zedept really hasn’t been talking to Lyra much too barely at all. Lyra has been trying to get him to talk but he refuses to talk about anything.

Forest: Mid-Day

Zedept and Lyra are walking with Lyra on Zedept’s left said. Lyra looks at him and does some weird things to get his attention. After 3 minutes, Zedept looks over to her. “What are you doing?” Zedept asks. “Nothing, just trying to get your attention.” Lyra said. “How long?” Zedept asks. “Just a few minutes.” Lyra answered.

Zedept sighs. “Since you’re coming with me, I guess that you should know that I’m blind in my left eye.” Zedept said. Lyra is shocked by what he just said. “What happened?” Lyra asks. Zedept is looking around quickly. “What are?” Lyra asks before Zedept stops her. Zedept puts his right index finger over his mouth, signaling her to be quiet. Zedept closes his eyes. Lyra is confused. Zedept opens his eyes fast.

“Quick, get up a tree now.” Zedept says and they both climb up a tree and hides inside the leaves and branches. “Why are we hiding?” Lyra asks. Zedept signals her to be quiet. Suddenly the sound of footsteps can be heard. Lyra looks to her right and sees a Jinouga walking towards them. “That’s a.” Lyra said before
      Zedept shushes her. The Jinouga walks right under them.

Lyra gulps because she has never faced a Jinouga before and heard rumors of its awesome strength. The Jinouga continues to walk away from them. After 10 minutes of the Jinouga being out of sight Zedept jumps down. Lyra goes the jump and slips and falls. Zedept catches her bridal style with her head on his right side.

“Thanks.” Lyra said and then stands up. “Let’s go.” Zedept says and starts to walk. “Geez, what’s up with him? He was never like this when we were younger.” Lyra says to herself. “Hurry up or I’m leaving you here.” Zedept says off in the distance. Lyra runs and catches up to him.

Forest: Night

Lyra is asleep with her long sword next to her. Zedept is leaning against a tree and watching the surroundings for any monsters. “I can’t believe it’s been 9 years already.” Zedept says in his head. Lyra turns her body over. Zedept looks at her.

He then opens his bag and pulls out a furry hide and places it on Lyra. Zedept closes his eyes and listens to the forest. “All monsters are asleep. Guess I’ll join them as well.” Zedept says and falls asleep.

Village: 9 Years Ago

Zedept and his master returns from their hunt and they haul in the Great Jaggi and Jaggis from earlier. A small blonde haired girl runs up to them. “Daddy, you’re back.” She said. “Hey there Lyra.” He says as he picks her up. “Where’s Zedept?” Young Lyra asks. He points over to the cart. Young Lyra runs over and finds Young Zedept. “Hey Zedept.” Young Lyra said. Young Zedept looks over to his left.

“Hey Lyra.” Young Zedept said sadly. “What’s wrong?” Young Lyra asks. She then sniffs and smells something bad. “What stinks?” She asks. “A Great Jaggi snuck up on him and he peed himself.” Her dad said as he comes around the corner. Young Zedept jumps down. “I’m going to take a bath.” He says and walks off.

“What’s with him dad?” Young Lyra asks. “He’s embarrassed.” Her dad says. “Dad, does this mean I can now have armor to go with my Commander Dagger?” Young Lyra asks. “Yeah, now go and get ready for dinner.” Her dad says. “Ok.” Young Lyra said and goes off to her house.

Lyra’s House: Bathroom

Young Zedept is sitting in a bathtub. “I can’t believe that I let that Great Jaggi sneak up on me.” He says with his eyes closed. He felt the water move, thinking that his master joined him. “Master, I’m sorry that I let that monster sneak up on me.” Young Zedept said.

“I’m not dad.” Young Lyra’s voice said. Young Zedept opens his eyes and sees Young Lyra in the bath with him. He then places his hands over his thing to cover it. “Why are you in here with me.” Young Zedept asks. “Dad told me to get ready for dinner and I’ve was training while you and dad was out hunting, so I need to get clean too.” Young Lyra said.

Young Zedept looks away from her. “And you couldn’t wait until I got out?” Young Zedept asks. Young Lyra walks over to him. “Hey.” Young Lyra said. Young Zedept looks and sees her only a few feet from his face. “When we get older, let’s team up and go on hunts together.” Young Lyra said and smiled with her eyes closed.

Young Zedept blushes a little and looks to his right. “Sure.” He said hesitantly. “Yay!” Young Lyra said and jumps on him. “Waaa.” Young Zedept says as they fall into the bath water.

Forest: Early Morning

Zedept wakes up. “Another memory.” He says softly. He looks over and sees that Lyra is still asleep. He gets up and walks away. 10 minutes later, Lyra wakes up and sees that a furry hide is on her. “Did Zedept place this on me?” She asks herself.

She looks around and sees that Zedept isn’t there. “Where did he go now?” She asks herself. Zedept shows up with a dead Bullfango. “You’re up I see.” Zedept says. Lyra looks over and sees Zedept with a dead Bullfango. “What’s that?” Lyra asks. “Breakfast.” Zedept said as he tosses it. Zedept starts a fire and cooks up most of the Bullfango.

“That was good.” Lyra said. “Oh, here you go.” Lyra said and hands back the furry hide. “Keep it.” Zedept said. “Ok.” Lyra said and places it in her bag. Zedept pulls out a map. “So we’re still a few days away huh?” Zedept asks himself. “From where?” Lyra asks. “Cavirdast.” Zedept answers. “Never heard of that place before.” Lyra said.

“It’s a city where they specialized in weapon and armor smiting. You’re going to need your weapon and armor to be improved if you’re going to be traveling with me.” Zedept said and puts the map away. “What does that mean?” Lyra asks a little ticked. “If we’re going to hunt this dragon, you’re going to need more than Qurupeco armor and an Iron Katana.” Zedept said.

“Does that mean what I think?” Lyra asks. “Don’t get the wrong idea. It’s just to help you out.” Zedept said. “Ok then.” Lyra said. “Let’s get going.” Zedept said. Zedept and Lyra walks east towards Cavirdast.

Comment

Hunt 3: The Red Hair Hunter

It’s been 6 days since Zedept and Lyra started their journey together. Their supplies are running low and they only have a day’s worth of food left.

Forest: Mid-Day

Zedept and Lyra are walking through the forest. Lyra is falling behind. “Man, I’m hungry.” She says as she sits down. “We need to conserve food.” Zedept said as he sees her sitting. “Ahhh!! Someone help!” A female voice said loudly. “Let’s go.” Zedept said. Lyra got up and they rushed to where the voice came from.

They see a female surround by a herd of Jaggis. Zedept and Lyra jumps in and kill the Jaggis. “You ok?” Lyra asks. “Yes. Thank you.” The female said. They turn around and sees a long red haired girl with matching red eyes in Hunters Armor and a Commander Dagger Sword and Shield. Lyra helps her up. “My name is Raylin.” The red haired hunter says.

“I’m Lyra and this is Zedept.” Lyra said and pointed at Zedept. “Thank you for your help.” Raylin says and bows. “It looked like you needed it.” Zedept said cruelly. “That was cruel.” Lyra said to Zedept. “No, he’s right. I’m not much of a hunter.” Raylin said. Lyra went to say something when her stomach growled. “If you’re hungry, I can take you back to my place in Cavirdast.” Raylin said.

“So we’re close to Cavirdast?” Zedept asks. “Yeah, only about an hour.” Raylin said. “Good, let’s go.” Zedept said and starts to walk off. “Not much of a people person is he?” Raylin asks Lyra. “Nope.” Lyra responds. “Are you two a couple?” Raylin asks. Lyra’s face turned red. “No!! Just old friends.” Lyra said. “Hurry up!!” Zedept yells. Lyra and Raylin catches up with him and they head to Raylin’s house.

Cavirdast: Raylin’s House

Zedept, Lyra and Raylin enters. “Dad, I’m back!” Raylin says. “I’ll go to the back and see if he’s here.” Raylin said and walks to the back. Zedept and Lyra looks around. “Look at all these weapons and armor.” Lyra said. “This is a workshop.” Zedept said. Lyra looks at him. “How do you know?” Lyra asks. “This is Cavirdast, the city of blacksmiths. Almost every male here are either blacksmiths or hunters and judging from all of this equipment, he’s a blacksmith and this is his workshop.” Zedept said.

Raylin comes out with some bowls of food. “Dad’s not here so he must be running an errand right now but here’s some food as thanks for saving me.” Raylin says. “Thank you, we are low on food.” Lyra said and grabs a bowl and starts eating. Zedept takes one and eats standing up, looking at the equipment. “If you need to restock on supplies, the Market Area is the best place here for that.” Raylin says.

“Thanks, we’ll stop by there and restock.” Zedept said. “Hey Raylin, is your dad a blacksmith?” Lyra asks as she finished her bowl. “Yeah, he’s the best in the city.” Raylin said. Zedept finishes his bowl and hands it back to her. “Thanks.” Zedept said and goes and sits down and places his greatsword next to him. 7 minutes later, a man walks in carrying tools. The man sees Lyra and Raylin. “I see that you’re back and that you brought someone with you.” He says. “Hi dad, this is Lyra, she saved me from a herd of Jaggis.” Raylin says.

Lyra gets up and bows. “Hello sir.” Lyra said. “Thank you for helping her out.” He says. “It looks like we meet again sir.” Zedept said. The man turns around and sees Zedept. “So it’s you.” He says. “That’s Zedept dad, he saved me as well.” Raylin says. “May I asks why you came back here?” The man asks Zedept. Lyra and Raylin are confused. “Dad, you know him?” Raylin asks. “I came here years ago to get better equipment.” Zedept said. “So what do you need this time?” The man asks. “Lyra needs a better weapon. Can you improve her long sword?” Zedept asks. Lyra hands him her long sword. He examines it.

“Yes, do you have any Ice Crystals, Iron Ores and Isisums?” He asks. “No.” Zedept says. “Then I can’t help.” He says. “The ice mountains near here has those materials.” Raylin says. “Then let’s restock on supplies and go.” Lyra said. “Fine.” Zedept says. “Raylin, go with them since you know the mountains.” The man says. “Of course.” Raylin said. They go and get supplies and heads to the mountains and after 4 hours, they got the materials they needed and heads back. They hand him the materials and the man takes them to the back and after an hour, he comes out with a new long sword.

“Here you go Lyra.” He says and hands it to her. Lyra takes it and unsheathes it. “The blade is cold.” Lyra said. “I’ve improved your Iron Katana to Frost Razor. You now have ice element attacks, every time your sword hits a monster, they get hit with cold as well.” He says. Lyra sheathes her new long sword and places it on her back. “Thanks.” Lyra said. “How much?” Zedept asks. “Nothing, it’s on the house since you saved my daughter.” The man says. “Thank you. We should start heading north now to Orinvasfer.” Zedept said.

“The big port city that’s past the mountains?” Raylin asks. “Yes. I believe that we might be able to get a lead on a monster we’re searching for.” Zedept says. “Of course.” The man says. “Let’s go Lyra.” Zedept says and walks out the door. “Thank you again. Let’s meet again soon Raylin.” Lyra said and leaves as well. Raylin looks on. “You want to go with them don’t you?” Her dad asks. “But what about you?” Raylin asks.

“I’ll be fine, here.” He says and hands her a red and black medium bowgun. “But this is.” Raylin said. “Go ahead on enjoy yourself.” He says. Raylin smiles and putts on her Jaggi gunner armor and places the bowgun on her right side and chases after Zedept and Lyra.

Outside Cavirdast’s North Entrance

Zedept and Lyra are walking north. “Hey, wait!!” Raylin’s voice said. They turn around and sees Raylin in gunner armor and a bowgun. “Let me join you on your journey.” Raylin said. “I say it’s a good idea to have a 3rd person.” Lyra said happily. Zedept turns away and starts to walk. “You two coming?” Zedept asks as he sees them standing there. They both get happy and catches up to him.

Comment

Hunt 4: Battle Against the King and Queen

It’s been a week since Raylin joined Zedept and Lyra. They’re traveling north to Orinvasfer to get a boat and head to the Northern Continent.

Mountain Forest: Mid-Day

Zedept, Lyra and Raylin are walking through a forest, looking for a clearing. “This is a thick forest.” Raylin said. “It will be hard to hunt in this.” Lyra said. “Just keep moving.” Zedept said as he gets through easily. “Hey, wait up!” Lyra said. “Just follow my steps.” Zedept said. Lyra and Raylin looks down and sees his footprints. They follow his prints and easily catches up to him. They see Zedept standing there past the think trees.

“Why did you stop?” Raylin asks. Zedept signals a ‘quiet’. They look through the trees and sees a Qurupeco by the river. “Are we going to hunt it?” Raylin asks softly. Zedept nods. “It’s weak to ice and water attacks.” Zedept says softly. “So it’s up to me then?” Lyra asks softly. “I’ll distract it and you’ll slice its sack to it can’t call for backup.” Zedept says softly to Lyra. “And you’ll back her up with paralyze and water shots.” Zedept tells Raylin softly. “Got it.” Raylin says as she loads her paralyze shots. Zedept sneaks around to its back. He grabs his greatsword and rushes to Qurupeco. He swings and hits its tail.

The Qurupeco screeches and turns around and sees Zedept. He smiles. “Raylin!” He says. Raylin pops up and fires 4 paralyze shots and paralyzes the Qurupeco. “Lyra!” Zedept says. Lyra appears and they destroy its red sack and its flints on its hands. The paralyze wears off. It tries to fly away when Raylin shots its head with water shots and it falls. Zedept and Lyra slashes at its wings. Qurupeco gets up and tries to run away when Zedept runs after it and swings his greatsword at its feet and trips it.

Lyra jumps from a tree and stabs her long sword into it and kills it. “We did it!” Raylin says as she walks over to them happily. “That was easier than usual.” Lyra says as she sheathes her sword. Zedept puts his greatsword away and doesn’t say anything. After Lyra and Raylin finish carving the Qurupeco, they continue walking.

After 10 minutes, Zedept stops. “What’s?” Lyra said before Zedept puts his hand over Lyra’s mouth. Zedept looks around and then pushes Lyra and Raylin and pulls out his greatsword and blocks a fireball that falls from the sky. The blast pushes him back some. “What was that?” Raylin asks. Suddenly a load roar comes from the sky. They look up as a red dragon lands in front of them. “That’s a Rathalos.” Raylin says shaking. “Crap.” Lyra said. “Careful, if a Los is here.” Zedept said. “Then a Rathian can’t be far.” Lyra said as she looks around. Lyra sees a fireball heading for Raylin and pushes her out of the way and they both avoid the fireball as a Rathian appears. “You two take care of Rathian, I got Rathalos.” Zedept said as he keeps his eyes on Rathalos.

“You think we can take her?” Raylin asks. “Yes.” Zedept said and Rathalos charges Zedept. Lyra pulls out her long sword. “Rathian is weak to thunder and dragon shots. You got any of those?” Lyra asks. “Just thunder.” Raylin said. “Good, use them until you’re out of those, then use whatever you have left.” Lyra said and then charges Rathian.

Rathalos flies up and does a triple fireball blast and Zedept dodges 2 of them and blocks the last one. Zedept looks up and doesn’t see Rathalos. “Where’d it go?” Zedept asks himself and looks around.

Lyra keeps missing and Raylin’s shots are barely hitting her. “Damn it.” Lyra said. Rathian flies up and flips over and swings her tail and hits the ground in front of Lyra. “Ahhh!” Lyra says as she gets sent flying backwards. “Lyra!!” Raylin says as she rushes over to her while loading a shot. “Are you hurt?” Raylin asks. Lyra sees Rathian charging at them. “Raylin, behind you.” Lyra said. Raylin turns around and sees Rathian coming at them.

She puts her gun out and as Rathian was about to attack, Raylin’s gun fires out a massive explosion and it sends Rathian back some and stuns it. “Lyra, now!” Raylin says and Lyra runs under Rathian and stabs her in the chest, Rathian roars and falls on Lyra. Lyra comes out from under Rathian with her long sword in her hand. “We did it.” Lyra said exhausted. “Yeah.” Raylin says.

Zedept sees Rathalos about to dive bomb him and he jumps out of the way and Rathalos hits some trees. Rathalos gets up and roars at Zedept. Zedept does a ‘come get me’ motion with his left hand. Rathalos charges at him and tries to bite him multiple times and Zedept swings his greatsword and hits Rathalos multiple times. Rathalos backs off and shoots a fireball at Zedept. Zedept stabs his greatsword into the ground to block the attack.

Rathalos looks around the greatsword and doesn’t see Zedept and he looks around and hears Rathian’s roar as she dies. Zedept jumps off a tree and wraps his arms around Rathalos’s neck. Rathalos tries to get him off and Zedept struggles to stay on. Rathalos flies up and Zedept takes out his carving knife and stabs Rathalos’s neck multiple times. Rathalos roars as his flying gets weaker. Zedept stabs him one more time and Rathalos falls to the ground. Zedept flies off Rathalos when he hits the ground.

Rathalos tries to get up but dies to his injuries. Zedept is lying on his back, panting heavily from the fight. Lyra and Raylin rushes over to him. “Zedept!” Raylin says. Zedept sits up. “I see that you two did it.” Zedept says. “Yeah, thanks to Raylin.” Lyra said. Raylin blushes. “Is everyone alright?” A male voice asks. They look over and sees a large group of people with carts.

The group sees a dead Rathalos. “I see that you killed the Rathalos that’s been terrorizing us.” A male says. “And the Rathian is over there.” Lyra says and points over her right shoulder. A group of people with a cart goes over and places the dead Rathian on the cart as the other group puts the dead Rathalos on the other cart. “Please, let us thank you by making you some new armor.” A female says.

“Thank you, we can use some new armor.” Raylin says. “Please, ride on the carts and rest up some.” A male said. “Thank you.” Lyra said as she and Raylin sits on the cart with the Rathian as Zedept sits on the cart with the Rathalos, with his greatsword next to him. They are taken to a mountain village. The villagers appear and thanks Zedept, Lyra and Raylin for hunting down the Rathalos and Rathian. A small wyverian man with a hammer appears. “So, who needs the armor?” He asks. “Please make some for the females.” Zedept says.

The wyverian man looks at Lyra and Raylin. “Looks like your gun got damaged as well.” He says. “Yes, that wyvern fire shot I used really busted it up.” Raylin says. “I can fix your gun as well.” The man says. “Thank you.” Raylin says and hands him her gun. “Please, rest up here for the night.” A male says. “Thank you, we can use it.” Zedept says. “My name is Asmodios. I’m the leader here.” A male says. “Thank you for letting us stay the night here.” Lyra said.

“You helped get rid of those two dragons for us. It’s the least I can do.” Asmodios says. “Your armor and new bowgun will be finished by morning.” The wyverian says. “Thank you.” Raylin says. Zedept and the others ate and rested up for the night.

The Next Morning

Lyra and Raylin are in their new armor. “This Rathalos armor is nice.” Lyra said, looking at her new armor. “And so is this Rathian armor as well.” Raylin says while looking at her new gunner armor as well. “And here’s your new bowgun.” The wyverian man says. Raylin sees that her new bowgun is a mixed of the Rathalos and Rathian. “I call it Cross Fire, it can withstand your wyvern fire shots and it can rapid fire flame shots as well.” The wyverian man says. Raylin takes a few stances with it. “It’s sweet, thanks.” She says and places it on her right side.

“Good thing too about the rapid fire flame shot since we’re heading north.” Zedept said. “If you’re heading to Orinvasfer, there’s a path that will take you straight there.” Asmodios says. “Thank you that will help us a lot.” Lyra says. “Any idea on how far Orinvasfer is from here?” Zedept asks. “3 days.” Asmodios says.

“Thanks.” Zedept says and starts to walk. “And thank you for wrapping up some of the meat from the Rathalos and Rathian for us.” Lyra says and catches up to Zedept. “We better get going, see you again.” Raylin says and catches up to Zedept and Lyra. The village waves them off and they continue to travel north to Orinvasfer.

Comment

Hunt. 5: The Lighting Sea Dragon

Orinvasfer, the Eastern Continent’s most northern city. Zedept, Lyra and Raylin arrives in Orinvasfer. “So this is the port city here on Eastern.” Lyra said. “It’s a fishing city as well as a harbor for traveling hunters.” Raylin says.

“Let’s find a bout that will take us north.” Zedept says and they walk around until they find a boat that’s heading north. “We finally found one.” Raylin says. “There’s only one problem.” A male says. “What’s that?” Lyra asks. “There’s been a Lagiacrus that has been taking out all our boats that head north.” The male says.

“A Lagiacrus?” Lyra asks. “It’s a strong sea dragon, it fires electrical shots and discharges electricity. I fought one on land and barely escaped with my life, and that was on land. In the water, it’s way more dangerous.” Zedept explained. “Is that how you got the scar?” Lyra asks. “No.” Zedept says. “Let’s hunt it.” Raylin says.

Zedept and Lyra looks at her. “Are you crazy?” Lyra asks. “With the 3 of us, why not?” Raylin asks. “Fine, we’ll hunt it.” Zedept says. “Thank you sir.” The male says. Zedept, Lyra and Raylin are put onto a hunting boat and set sail to where the Lagiacrus has been spotted.

Boat: Mid-Day

Zedept and Lyra are at the front of the ship while Raylin is in a room getting her ammo ready. “Why did you take on this quest?” Lyra asks. “With this Lagiacrus in the way, there’s no other way to get to the Northern Continent.” Zedept answers. “You’ve changed since we were young.” Lyra said. “So.” Zedept said. Lyra turns away and starts to walk away. “I’ll go see if Raylin is done preparing.” Lyra says and then goes down into the ship. Zedept just looks forward without saying anything.

15 minutes later, the boat stops. Lyra and Raylin appears and stands next to Zedept. “This is where that Lagiacrus has been attacking us.” The boat driver said. “Good.” A male says. They look behind them and sees a male in knight-like armor, short red hair, black eyes and with a Red Bludgeon Hammer. “Who are you?” Raylin asks.

“Name’s Moke and I’m a friend.” He says. “Here to hunt the Lagiacrus as well?” Zedept asks. “Yes.” Moke says. Suddenly a blue lighting ball flies out of the water and barely misses the boat. They draw their weapons. “It’s weak to fire.” Zedept tells Raylin. “Got it.” Raylin says as she loads her flame shots. The Lagiacrus comes out of the water and roars. “Whoa!” Lyra says as she sees a Lagiacrus for the first time. Raylin fires a rapid barrage of flame shots. Most of them hits the Lagiacrus. It retreats into the water.

“Nice shooting.” Moke says. “Thanks.” Raylin says as she reloads. Lagiacrus’s tail comes out and hits the boat and destroys part of it. Lagiacrus jumps out of the water and the front half of its body lands onto the boat. Lyra fires paralyze shots and paralyzes it. Zedept, Lyra and Moke charge it and attacks it. Lagiacrus brakes free from the paralysis and raises its left claw and whacks the boat.

Parts of it falls off and Lyra with it. “Lyra!” Zedept says and stabs his greatsword into the boat and rushes over and barely catches Lyra in time before she falls into the water. Zedept is holding onto Lyra’s left hand with his right hand as he uses his left hand to keep him from falling.

“Just let go!” Lyra says. “No!” Zedept says. “Stop being stubborn!” Lyra said. “I can’t.” Zedept says as he struggles to pull her up. “We aren’t even partners!” Lyra said. “Yes we are!” Zedept says. Lyra blushes a little. “You and Raylin are both my partners but more importantly, you are my friends!” Zedept says. Lyra is shocked by what he just said. “We are?” Lyra asks. “Yes, you are a good friend of mine, ever since we were young.” Zedept says.

Lyra smiles and helps to pull herself up. Zedept pulls Lyra back onto the ship. “Thanks.” Lyra said. “Anytime.” Zedept said as he helps her stand up. Lagiacrus jumps out of the water and Zedept pushes Lyra to Raylin. Lyra looks back and sees Zedept smiling as the Lagiacrus takes out the part of the ship where Zedept was standing. “Zedept!!” Lyra yells as Raylin holds her back. “He just saved you, don’t let his sacrifice go to waste.” Moke says. Lyra starts to cry. “Zedept.” Lyra says.

Underwater

Zedept opens his eyes and sees that he’s in the mouth. “Good thing I had this armor thickened.” Zedept says in his head. Lagiacrus’s teeth didn’t fully penetrate his armor but enough to have a hold on him. Zedept pulls out his carving knife and stabs Lagiacrus in his mouth. Lagiacrus opens its mouth and Zedept swims out.

Zedept holds onto his craving knife as he stares down Lagiacrus. Lagiacrus summons out electrical balls around its body as they appear and disappear around it. Zedept swims and dodges them. Lagiacrus does its spinning electrical attack and hits Zedept. “Good thing I had this armor’s resistance improved.” Zedept says in his head.

Zedept flinches as an electrical field appears around him. “Damn.” He says in his head. Lagiacrus charges Zedept. Zedept swims down and grabs hold of its chest and stabs it multiple times. Lagiacrus roars and swims to the surface as Zedept keeps stabbing it in its chest.

Boat

Lyra is crying, thinking that she lost Zedept. Lagiacrus appears out of the water and Zedept gets flung off its chest and hits the boat. Lyra looks and sees Zedept, barely standing and coughing out water. Lagiacrus tries to get to him by crawling towards him but dies due to the stabs to its chest. “It’s over.” Zedept says weakly. Zedept starts to fall backwards and Lyra rushes over and catches him. “Zedept!” Lyra says.

Zedept looks to his right and sees Lyra. “You ok?” Zedept asks. “Yeah.” Lyra says. Zedept smiles then passes out. “Zedept!” Lyra says. Moke walks over and checks his pulse. “He’s ok, just passed out.” Moke says. “Lyra, look down.” Raylin says. Lyra looks down and sees Zedept bleeding from his cracked armor. “I’ll treat his wounds.” Moke said and takes Zedept below deck. Lyra just looks in silence.

Boat Infirmary: 4 Days Later

Zedept wakes up. “You’re up.” Lyra said. Zedept looks to his right and sees Lyra sitting next to the bed. “Where am I?” Zedept asks weakly. “We’re on a different boat heading to the Northern Continent.” Lyra said. “And the Lagiacrus?” Zedept asks. “Dead, thanks to you.” Lyra said. Zedept puts his head back and closes his eyes. “That’s good.” Zedept says.

“You’re such an idiot.” Lyra said. Zedept sighs. “I know.” He says with his eyes still closed. “You could’ve died right there.” Lyra said. “But I didn’t.” Zedept said. “How’s my armor?” Zedept asks. “The Lagiacrus cracked your armor’s torso, waist and leggings.” Lyra said. “So all I have left are my gauntlets and Master’s greatsword.” Zedept said.

“Moke was kind enough and left you some Baggi armor for you.” Lyra said. “That was nice of him.” Zedept said. “How long was I out for anyway?” Zedept asks. “4 days.” Lyra answered. “And she wasn’t left your side the entire time.” Raylin’s voice said. They look over and sees Raylin with some food. Lyra blushes. “I see.” Zedept says as he sits up slowly.

“Careful or you’ll open your wounds.” Lyra said as she helps him sit up. Zedept’s chest, legs and head is bandaged up. Raylin walks over to them. “I didn’t know that you woke up. I’ll go and get some for you then.” Raylin says to Zedept as she hands Lyra her food. “Thanks Raylin.” Zedept said. “I’ll be right back.” Raylin says and leaves. Lyra places her food down.

“Umm Zedept.” Lyra says while blushing. “What?” Zedept asks. “It’s about what you said while you was trying to pull me up.” Lyra said. “About the partner and friends thing?” Zedept asks. “Yeah.” Lyra answers. “It’s true if that’s what you’re wondering.” Zedept said. “It’s not that.” Lyra said. Zedept looks at her with confusion.

“A few years ago, I tried out for that exam that dad took, but I didn’t have enough money so I tried to get some more by hunting and some of my partners was suggesting by hunting and selling the monsters on the black market to get even more money, I refused to be a part of it and I told the guild leaders about it and they were arrested. They said that I was a part of it and because of them, I’ve been forbidden to take the exam because of them. So even since then, I couldn’t trust anyone. I won’t form partners and friends because I didn’t want to get hurt by people ever again. So when you called me your friend, I was hesitant because I was remembering about it.” Lyra explained.

“I’m sorry.” Zedept said. Lyra looks at him. “If I didn’t leave you when Master died, that would’ve never happened.” Zedept said. Lyra starts to cry. “When the Lagiacrus got you, I thought I lost someone I know.” Lyra said. Zedept puts her head on his chest. “I’m here now.” Zedept said. Lyra closes her eyes and so does Zedept. Raylin watches everything by the door and smiles. She places the food around the corner and starts to walk away. “Good luck to the both of you.” Raylin says and walks up to the boat’s deck.

Comment

Hunt. 6: The Northern Continent

2 Days after Zedept woke up from his injuries, The gang arrives at the Northern Continent. Zedept slowly walks onto the deck wearing the Baggi armor that Moke left for him. “Brr. It’s cold.” Raylin says shivering. “Welcome to the Northern Continent. It’s also been called The Land of Ice.” Zedept said. “You seem ok.” Raylin says.

“This Baggi armor is keeping me warm. Let’s go into town and get some furry hides for you two.” Zedept said. “What about the one you gave me?” Lyra asks. “That’s only for sleeping. You need one for traveling.” Zedept said. They go into town and get some traveling furry hides and a map of the continent. Zedept looks north towards one of the giant mountains and places his left hand over his scar. “I’m back. Let’s see if you’re still here.” Zedept said in his head.

“Everything alright?” Raylin asks. Zedept takes his hand off his scar and looks to Raylin. “Yeah, just thinking.” Zedept said. Lyra walks over to them. “Ok, the villagers said that we should head for.” Lyra said before Zedept interrupted her. “Abagret.” Zedept said. Lyra is shocked. “Yeah, how did you know?” Lyra asks. “I sent 2-3 years on this continent.” Zedept said. “Makes sense.” Raylin says. “What do you mean we can’t travel to Abagret?” A male asks loudly. Zedept and the others go over to where the commotion is at.

“The path is closed.” A guild person said. “What’s going on?” Zedept asks. “The path that leads to Abagret’s checkpoints, monsters have been spotted on the path so the Guild has closed the path to all civilians.” The guild person said. Zedept looks at Lyra and Raylin and they both nod yes. “Then we’ll escort them through the path.” Zedept said. “Then you must be hunters.” A female civilian says. “Yes.” Lyra said. “Alright, I’ll let you hunters escort them to the checkpoints. All of the hunters here are at Abagret at the moment so it’s up to you 3.” The guild person said.

“You can count on us.” Zedept said to the guild person. “Lyra, Raylin, you two take the rear and I’ll take the front.” Zedept said. “Understood.” Raylin says and walks over to the group of civilians. “Don’t push yourself, your wounds haven’t fully healed for a hard hunt.” Lyra said. “I know, hopefully we only run into Baggis.” Zedept said and then he looks towards the mountains. “Is there something you want to share?” Lyra asks. “I’ll explain later, let’s get ready.” Zedept says and walks to the group of civilians.

Zedept and the gang starts to escort a group of 10 civilians and 2 carts with supplies. After walking for 20 minutes, they arrive at the 1st checkpoint with no problems. “So far, so good.” Raylin said. They leave and head to the 2nd checkpoint. They arrive at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th checkpoints without any problems. “Only 3 left.” A male civilian said. Zedept looks around. “Anything wrong?” Lyra asks. “We’ve been followed since the 2nd checkpoint.” Zedept said. Lyra looks around. “I don’t see anything.” She says.

“The path up ahead is going to have everyone in single file so I need either you or Raylin in the middle.” Zedept said. “Alright.” Lyra said and goes to tell Raylin. Zedept looks up to the top of the surrounding cliffs. “Very smart of you, you Great Baggi.” Zedept said to himself. They start to walk to the 5th checkpoint with Raylin in the middle of the escort. After 10 minutes, a Great Baggi jumps down in front of Zedept with 4 Baggis. Raylin gets on top of the supplies to get a good angle on them. 5 Baggis jump in front of Lyra.

“Looks like you was right.” Lyra said to Zedept. “Yeah and we really can’t swing our swords in this small of a space.” Zedept said. The escort is in a space big enough for the Baggis to attack and small enough to limit their swings to downward and upward swings for Zedept and similar for Lyra except for a poking motion as well. Lyra attacks the Baggis and Raylin helps her. Zedept is keeping the Great Baggi at bay. Lyra kills the last Baggi that’s there. “I’m coming!” Lyra said. “Stay there! There might be more coming.” Zedept says.

Lyra turns around and sees more Baggis. “Damn.” Lyra said. Raylin turns to Zedept. “Duck!” Raylin says. Zedept ducks down and Raylin releases a rapid barrage of flame shoots and kills the Great Baggi. The Baggis run away. Zedept puts his greatsword away. “Great job.” He says and then passes out.

40 minutes later, Zedept wakes up. “What happened?” Zedept asks himself. “You opened some of your wounds and passed out.” Lyra said. “I see.” Zedept says. “We made it to the last checkpoint before dark.” Raylin said. “After we killed the Great Baggi, the path became clear and the guild sent some hunters to help us.” Lyra said. “That’s good. I’m tired.” Zedept said. “Then get some more rest.” Raylin said. Zedept smiles and falls back asleep.

Comment

Hunt. 7: Zedept’s “Scar”ed Past

Zedept, Lyra and Raylin arrives in Abagret. “We made it.” Raylin says. Zedept starts to walk. “Where are you going?” Lyra asks. “The guild.” Zedept said. Lyra and Raylin follows him and the arrive in front of a large building and half it is in the mountain’s side. “Let’s go.” Zedept said.

They enter the guild. Zedept walks up to a hunter. Lyra and Raylin watches Zedept as he talks to a hunter. Zedept walks back to them. “Go and take a seat. I have something to take care of.” Zedept says. “Ok.” Lyra said as they sit down.

Zedept walks over to a female in Barioth armor. “I hear that you’re the best informant here.” Zedept said in a deeper voice. “Depends who’s asking.” The female says as she takes a drink. “I am.” Zedept says in that deeper voice. The female turns around and sees Zedept. “Well I’ll be damned, you’re back.” The female says as she stands up and hugs him.

Lyra and Raylin watches this occur. “They sure are friendly with each other” Raylin says. Lyra stares with a mad look on her face. “How’s it going?” Zedept asks in his normal voice. “Good, so I’m guessing you’re calling it in then?” The female asks. “Yeah.” Zedept says. “Then follow me.” She says and they walk into the back.

“I wonder what that is about.” Raylin says. Lyra gets up and follows them. Zedept and the female walks into a room. Zedept sits on a couch-like object while the female sits in a chair. “When did you get back to the Northern Continent?” The female asks.

“Yesterday.” Zedept says. “Last I heard, you was in the Southern Continent and you had Garuga armor.” The female says. “A Lagiacrus destroyed my Garuga armor and I was given this Baggi armor to replace it.” Zedept said. “I see. You’re lucky that you’re alive.” The female said. “Yeah.” Zedept said. He then looks towards the curtain door. “Do you have a Stone on you?” Zedept asks. The female hands him a Stone. Zedept throws it through the curtain.

“Ow!” Lyra’s voice said. “Quit hiding you two and get in here.” Zedept said. Raylin and Lyra walks in with Lyra holding her head with her right hand. “Sorry about that Zedept.” Raylin says. “Sit down.” Zedept said. Raylin and Lyra sits down. “Friends of yours?” The female asks.

“Yeah.” Zedept said. “Hello, I’m Raylin.” Raylin says. “And I’m Lyra.” Lyra says as she rubs her head. The female takes off her helmet and reveals a shoulder length, purple spikey hair and purple eyes. “I’m Kristia, Abagret’s top informer.” Kristia says placing her helmet on a desk. “How do you two know each other?” Raylin asks.

“Should I tell it or should you?” Kristia asks. “I will.” Zedept said. They all look at him. “It happened a few years after Master’s death.” Zedept started.

Flashback – Snowy Mountain, Northern Continent, 7 years ago

Zedept is walking alone through a snowy mountain in Kut-Ku armor and a Golden Eclipse Sword and Shield. (The Sword and Shield was given to him.) “I wonder how much longer I have to walk until I get to Abagret?” Zedept asks himself. A sudden snow storm happens. “Damn.” Zedept says. He looks around and enters a small cave. “That was sudden.” He said as he watches the snow storm. He pulls out a Hot Meat. He eats it to stay warm. The storm dies down. He steps out and continues walking.

After 20 minutes of walking, he hears a roar. He pulls out the sword with his right hand. A load thud comes from behind him. He turns around and sees a Tigrex. He gulps. The Tigrex stares him down. “Must not be afraid.” He says in his head. The Tigrex roars and charges. Zedept dodges and slashes at the front claws as well. Tigrex turns around and continue charging. Zedept dodges again and hits his back against a wall. Tigrex charges one more time.

Zedept smirks and dodges to the left. Tigrex’s jaw gets stuck and Zedept charges at it and slashes at its face. Tigrex breaks free with a slash mark over its right eye. “Looks like I blinded its right eye.” Zedept says. Tigrex charges and slashes its claw. Zedept went to dodge it but Tigrex saw it coming and did a second slash with its left claw and slashes Zedept’s left eye. Zedept puts his left hand over his eye. “Damn it, it got payback.” Zedept said exhausted.

Tigrex walks towards him. Zedept backs up until he feels the edge of the cliff. Zedept does a quick look to his right and back to Tigrex. Tigrex jumps and lands in front of him and forces Zedept to fall off the cliff. “AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Zedept screamed on the way down. Zedept hits the cliffside multiple times on the way down before landing at the mountain’s base. Zedept lands on his front side with the right side of his face in the snow. Zedept slowly lifts his head and sees a figure running towards him. He passes out.

Kristia’s Room – 3 Days Later

Zedept wakes up and sees that he’s in a room. “Where am I?” He asks. “Abagret’s guild’s information room. Kristia said. Zedept looks to his right and sees a purple haired female in Blango armor. “Who are you?” Zedept asks. “Name’s Kristia and I work here at Abagret.” She says. “Abagret?” He asks. “Yes.” She says. Zedept tries to sit up.

“Careful or you’ll open your wounds.” Kristia says. “How did I get here?” He asks. “I saw you fall from the mountain and I rushed over to where you landed and I carried you back here and dad tended to your wounds.” Kristia explained. “Thank you.” Zedept says. “Now you owe me.” Kristia said. “Fine.” Zedept said. “What’s your name?” Kristia asks. “Zedept.” He says. “Nice to meet you.” Kristia said.

Present Day

“And after that, she helped me out while I stayed here and I paid her back and now she owes me something.” Zedept finished. “And I see that you switched over to a Greatsword now.” Kristia said. “Yeah and I’m here to use that favor.” Zedept said. “Let me guess, that Tigrex right?” Kristia asks. “No.” Zedept said. Kristia is surprised by that.

“If it’s not about that Tigrex then what?” Kristia asks. “I need information on a monster that’s been called ‘Master of Elements’. Think you can get any info for me?” Zedept says and asks. “Master of Elements huh?” Kristia asks. “Yes, I know that’s it’s only a legend but you actually believe that it exists so I’ll help you.” Kristia said. “Thank you.” Zedept said.

“It will take a few days to hear from the other informants on the other continents so rest here until then.” Kristia said. “Thank you, we will.” Lyra said. “ I’ll arrange some rooms for the 3 of you.” Kristia said. “Thanks.” Raylin says. “We might get a lead now.” Lyra said. “Let’s hope so.” Zedept said.

Comment

Ch. 8: Old Rival

It’s been 4 days since Zedept, Lyra and Raylin arrived in Abagret and meet Kristia.

A Guild Room: Mid-Day

Zedept is laying on a couch with his hands behind his head on one arm of the couch and his feet on the other arm of the couch with his greatsword leaning on the wall next to the couch. Lyra is sharpening her long sword while sitting on a chair. Raylin is preparing more ammo for the trip. “What’s taking so long?” Lyra asks frustrated. “Chill out.” Zedept said with his eyes closed. “Why should I?” Lyra asks.

“Think about it like this, you’ve learned how to use your ice element better here and Raylin learned how to make ice shots.” Zedept said with his eyes still closed. “Ok, you got a point there.” Lyra said. “I know.” Zedept said as he turns onto his left side. “Why do you sleep most of the day?” Raylin asks. “It’s to conserve heat and energy. With the cold up here, it’s better to sleep most of the time.” Zedept answers. “Oh, that makes sense.” Raylin says. 5 minutes later, Kristia walks in. “Good, you all are here.” Kristia said. “Any clues?” Lyra asks.

“One of my informant friends from the Western Continent thinks that they may have a clue but you’ll have to go there and meet their guild leaders.” Kristia said as she sits down on a chair. “The Western Continent.” Lyra said. “The Land of the Great Lava Sea.” Zedept said. Raylin and Lyra looked over at Zedept. Zedept turns over and sits up. “The Western Continent is a volcanic land where about 1/3 of the land is covered by lava. All the hunters there are masters of the fire element and it’s also where tough monsters live.” Zedept explained.

“So we go from extreme cold to extreme hot, great.” Lyra said. “You and Raylin have fire armor so you’ll be fine but I’m in ice armor so I have to be careful.” Zedept said. “Any idea on how long it will take to get there?” Raylin asks. “It’ll take 5 days to walk to the port that will take you there and then it’s a 2 week boat ride.” Kristia said. “That’s a long time.” Raylin says. Lyra looks over to Zedept but he’s not there. “Where did he go?” Lyra asks. Kristia and Raylin look and sees that Zedept left and took his greatsword.

Abagret Streets

Zedept is walking through the streets and heading towards an exit. “It’s been a long time but this time, I’m going to finish this for good.” Zedept said as he looks up a mountain and starts walking.

Guild Room

Kristia, Raylin and Lyra are looking at maps of the Western Continent. A person enters the room. “Kristia, someone saw Zedept heading towards Scarred Mountain.” The person said. Kristia eyes widened. “What’s Scarred Mountain?” Raylin asks. “It’s where Zedept kept hunting that Tigrex. Due to the fact that they always fought on that mountain, we decided to rename it to Scared Mountain.” Kristia said. “Why are we just standing here? We need to catch up to him.” Lyra said. “Yeah, I’ll guide you up the mountain, let’s go.” Kristia said and the 3 of them leave and heads to Scarred Mountain.

Scared Mountain Summit.

Zedept is walking up the mountain. He looks around. “This is the spot where it started.” He said as he stops. “According to Kristia’s files, it always comes this way around this time.” He said. He now waits. 10 minutes later, Kristia, Lyra and Raylin catch up to Zedept. “I knew that we’ll find you here.” Kristia said. “You shouldn’t of brought them here.” Zedept said not facing them. “We’re partners, that what we’re here for.” Raylin said. “And more importantly, we’re friends.” Lyra said. Zedept closes his eyes and smiles a bit. “Thank you both but this is my fight and my fight alone, ok?” Zedept said and asks.

“Ok.” Lyra said. A roar came from nowhere. Raylin and Lyra are looking around as Zedept and Kristia just stand there. A large black figure starts to appear through the snow. They stare at the figure as it gets clearer. The figure stops and the snow stops falling and reveals a scarred and busted up Tigrex. Lyra and Raylin just stare at it since it’s their first time seeing a Tigrex this close. “It’s been a long time.” Zedept said to the Tigrex. Tigrex looks at him. Zedept takes off the hat to reveal his hair. Tigrex got into attack position.

“So now you recognize me.” Zedept said. Tigrex let out a series of low roars as it was talking to Zedept. “I’m here to finish this for good.” Zedept said as he grabs his greatsword and gets ready to hunt. “You 3 take cover.” Zedept said not taking his eyes off Tigrex. Kristia takes Lyra and Raylin to a safe spot to watch. Zedept and Tigrex stare at each other. Tigrex makes the first move by slamming its right claw into the snow and throwing 3 snowballs at Zedept. Zedept dodges them and charges. Tigrex charges forward and does its spinning tackle. Zedept quickly guards and get set back and Tigrex goes back to where it was.

“Damn, I see that you learned some new moves.” Zedept says to Tigrex. Tigrex does a series of low roars, like it’s trying to tell Zedept something. Zedept charges. Tigrex raises its head up and does a load roar. Zedept stops suddenly and plugs his ears and closes his eyes. “That’s load.” Raylin says covering her ears. Tigrex jumps and Zedept opens up his eyes in time to block it but gets pinned down with his greatsword blocking Tigrex’s claws. “Damn, not like this.” Zedept said in his head. Tigrex goes to bite Zedept’s head.

Suddenly a series of small yelps came and Tigrex stopped and looked where it was coming from as well as the gang. They see 3 baby Tigrexes. Tigrex gets off Zedept and walks over to the babies. Zedept gets up. “Now that explains why you didn’t want to leave that area, you was protecting them.” Zedept said as he gets up. Tigrex lets out a low roar. “She‘s been trying to tell you that.” Kristia said. “You know I can’t understand monsters like you.” Zedept said as he puts his greatsword away. “Hold on, how do you know the this Tigrex is a female?” Lyra asks. “Female Tigrexes have longer horns than the males.” Zedept said. “Oh.” Lyra said. The baby Tigrexes heads towards the gang. The babies just look at them with weird looks.

Raylin goes to pet one when Tigrex growls and Raylin stops. Zedept grabs his greatsword. Tigrex growls at him. Zedept walks to a mountain cliff and leans his greatsword on it and walks away from his greatsword. Tigrex stops growling. “Do the same thing.” Zedept said to them. They takes their weapons and lean them with Zedept’s weapon and walks away from them. “Ok Raylin, it’s safe now.” Zedept said as he stares at Tigrex. Raylin slowly bends down and touches one of the babies. It does a little yelp roar. “So cute.” Raylin says. Lyra and Kristia bends down and touches the other 2 babies. Zedept walks over to Tigrex. They stare at each other. Zedept places a few of his right fingers over his scar.

Tigrex moves its head to have its scar towards him. Zedept places his left hand on Tigrex’s scar. “We both have scarred each other.” Zedept said. Tigrex does a low growl. “This rivalry is done.” Zedept said as he takes his hand off Tigrex as well as his scar. Tigrex looks at him. “Go and raise your kids and lets meet again soon.” Zedept said. Tigrex lowers its head. Zedept places his right hand on its head. “Goodbye, my old rival.” Zedept said. Tigrex raises its head and does a low roar and the babies run over to Tigrex and they walk off into the mountain.

Kristia walks up to Zedept. “Looks like it’s over.” She said. “Yeah, now we’re even.” He said. “Yep and now I know why Tigrex has been avoiding hunters.” She said. “Let’s go back, we have a long trip ahead.” He says as he walks over to his greatsword and places it back on his back. Kristia, Lyra and Raylin do the same thing and heads back to town.

Comment

If anyone has something they want to comment on the story, please post. Comments are always welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X