X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou: An Analysis of Commercial Independence in Success

A paper for my mandatory English course at uni. Figured I might just post this cuz I was showing Tenko.

Do note I wrote most of this at 5am the night before it was due during finals week so some sentences are awkward and like hell I'm going to edit this shit now :^) Also note that this was written almost three months ago hue.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1NJ...ZWNHhsWjA/edit

Gr8 deb8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this deb8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8.

It's a good report, using good examples. I would think even people who have never heard of Touhou would be able to say "Gee I saw that character before" when they see Flandre or Cirno.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Jesus christ that striked out text

But yeah, I don't particularly think commercialization is the absolute best way to talk about Touhou (Though it IS an interesting point, like I make in the paper) but I had to for my class so l0l

I kinda bullshitted most of this though lol

Comment

I think the US gaming industry would flip if word about ZUN not really making that much money off such a huge game series like Touhou is known worldwide.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

It doesn't exactly take a whole lot of research to figure that one out lol

Comment

Tru.

I hope you get rekt-

I mean

I hope you get that A. Like Remi's unanimous cup size.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Again, this was from like 3 months ago lol. I got an A on the paper.

Comment

Working...
              X