X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team ⑨'s Minecraft Adventure - Touhou Fanfic

So I had an idea to make a fanfic about Chen in the RP... what resulted to in the end is this: a fanfic of Team ⑨ in a minecraft world.
    Then, without further ado-

Prologue

Mayohiga was destroyed.

It was the storm.

A strong rain storm descended from the Youkai Mountain, heading East towards Forest of Magic. The village of Mayohiga was in the way, and the buildings couldn't survive the fierce pounding of water and wind, giving in to the might of the nature. The feline residents ran away in advance, to seek shelter in the Forest, the Village, maybe Muenzuka.

I felt guilt for not being there. Being a shikigami of a shikigami doesn't sound that amazing, but I could've helped soften the storm up with black arts. But I wasn't there for the cats. I was in the Yakumo's estate, eating fried tempura and sipping tea and cuddling with Ran-sama.

"Dammit..." I cursed myself. Why couldn't have I be there for the cats? Why have I abandoned them? Is there anything to be done about this?

"Yes, there is something to be done about this." I resolved her will. I caused the destruction of the village; I will be the one to rebuild it. "Wait for a little bit, Neko-sage, I will get help for the village."

"Welcome to Eientei." A lunarian bunny greeted me. According to Ran-sama, this was Reisen Udongein Inaba, rabbit with the power over insanity. "How can I help you?"
    "My village was destroyed, and I need help rebuilding it." I told the rabbit. She didn't look too enthusiastic about my plea, but she took me in anyway.
    "Follow me, and I will take you to our masters."

Eientei was larger inside than it looked outside, with long hallways and numerous rooms. Little paper lanterns gave off soft, red light, which along with the repetitive hallway design gave off a hypnotic gaze.
    "Eirin-sama, you have a visitor." Reisen announced as she led me to the infirmary. In the infirmary sat a woman in a blue-and-red dress and a matching nurse cap. I knew by a glance who this woman was: Yagokoro Eirin.
    "Ah, Miss Chen, do come in." Eirin motioned me to come in, and I did so. The room smelled heavily like medicine, both oriental and western. "Udonge, some tea."
    "Yes, Eirin-sama." Reisen said as she left the infirmary.
    "So, is there anything that I can help you with?" Eirin turned to me, putting a magazine from the outside world down. It read: "Science Today" down. "Maybe a medicine for Miss Yakumo?"
    "Ah, that is not why I came here today, Yagokoro-san." I answered, and told Eirin the entire story: how the village was blown over, and how I need help with manpower and resources.

"I can have my rabbit servants help you with resources, but I doubt that they would want to step out of their safe circle." Eirin said. She was drinking her bitter tea, I was too angsty about Mayohiga to relax and drink tea, even though sweetened black tea is my favorite... "Transportation and manpower, you will have to get help from other places."
    "Thank you..." I hoped that everything would be taken care of here. Well, it was a far-fetched dream, but I at least got one crucial part taken care of. I bid my farewell to Eirin and left the infirmary to find a strange woman outside the door.

"You must be Miss Chen." The woman smiled gently. "I heard you needed help with rebuilding Mayohiga; perhaps you would be interested in what I have to offer?"
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Chapter 1 - The Introduction

"My name is Kaguya Houraisan." The woman revealed herself as we descended towards the basement. I've heard of this name before... is she the so called Princess of the Lunarians? "I've been eavesdropping your conversation with Eirin, so I decided to give you some sort of comforting words."
    The basement of Eientei was unlike anything I've imagined. I expected it to be a dark empty room. What I saw was a gamer's paradise: outside world has brought in some machines called "Consoles", and there were many: XBox, Playstation, and Wii being the prime examples. Kaguya had all of them: with weird flat boards called "Televisions" hooked into each of the console. At one end was a large comfy bed, at another end was the outside-world shinigami called "Computer." The "Computer" was on, and the "monitor" was displaying a beautiful scenery.

"This is my humble room." Kaguya said as she immediately headed to the "computer" and started typing. I went closer to the computer to see what was going on. On the monitor, texts began to appear:

[ADMIN]Kaguya_Hime: I'm back!
    [VIP++]ShadowBlade62: Welcome back Kaguya!
    [Member]SugoiWizard: wb
    [Trusted]tyi2376: wb Kaguya
    [Member]imghey999: admin can i hav op plz?

"What is this?" I asked. The colors hypnotized me. It was a beautiful, virtual world, with mountains and forests and riverbanks. It would be fun to be in that world with Ran-sama and Yukari-sama...
    "Minecraft." Kaguya-hime answered as more texts popped up from the screen.

[ADMIN]Kaguya_Hime: Spell "have" correctly, and no, you can't have OP as member.
    [Member]kyleiscool: lol
    [MOD]RIDER: What Kaguya said xD
    [Member]imghey999: Fuk u fgt
    *imghey999 has been punched off the island! (Reason: Well "Fuk u fgt" too!)
    [Member]Minami123: ROFL
    [Trusted]tyi2376: AHAHAHAHAHA
    [MOD]RIDER: Dammit you got to it first.

"...and what is Minecraft?" I asked again.
    "An indie computer game from the outside world involving free-to-roam world generated by a computer." Kaguya answered as she snickered. "I got really into it as soon as it has been introduced: I had to try it out."
    "It looks... fun." It was true, it looked like so much fun, hanging out with your friends and doing funny stuff together.
    "Here, you want to give it a try?" Kaguya offered her seat as she typed few quick messages:

[ADMIN]Kaguya_Hime: Guys I have to brb.
    [MOD]RIDER: *tips hat
    [Member]kyleiscool: Cya
    [VIP]StarBoi777: Bai

"I'll guide you through how to play the game, you just follow what I say, okay?" Kaguya said, and I sat down on the seat. It was extremely comfy, no wonder Kaguya was so engrossed to it. I opened the game, and began to play according to Kaguya's instructions.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Chapter 2: The Addiction

I asked Ran-sama to buy a Computer for me. As soon as Ran-sama supplied me with a computer, I bought Minecraft. It wasn't cheap: almost 2500 yen. I blew 2 months' worth of my allowance on it, but it was worth it. I started playing, watching videos from outside-world website called Youtube, where a bunch of outside-world humans play Minecraft: Yogscast, SkyDoesMinecraft, CaptainSparkles. How did I not know about this? All the Youtube humans seemed to have fun, how did I not know?

For a week, I almost forgot about Mayohiga. It was just that much fun. Whether I was chopping down a tree, spelunking in a cave finding diamonds, or fighting monsters that tries to invade my hideout, I had fun. But it wasn't the same. I wanted to play with other people. So I decided to visit Eientei again.

"How do you play with other people in Minecraft?" I asked Kaguya as I entered her room, my computer in hand.
      "Oh, you bought a laptop?" Kaguya looked over her shoulder. "You have to click the multiplayer option. And you also need to have IP of the server you want to play in."
      "IP?" I asked. Whatever Kaguya talked about was all a new jargon to me.
      "IP, or Internet Protocol. Think of it like the computer's home address." Kaguya explained. "Here, type whatever is on this screen."
      Kaguya's monitor showed a screen with two text box. One was labeled: Server name, where Logicraft was typed into. The second box was labeled: Server address, where a bunch of numbers were strewn together. I typed the exact same name and address, and I was in Kaguya's server.

You have joined the server.
      Welcome to Logicraft!
      [Member]SugoiWizard: Welcome
      [MOD]RIDER: Welcome to Logicraft!
      [OWNER]~Travolta: Welcome to Logicraft, Chen_Yakumo!

"Uh, how do I type?" I asked Kaguya.
      "Press t, and then type whatever you want to say. Then, press enter." Kaguya instructed me, and I did so. This was what popped up.

[ADMIN]Kaguya_Hime: She's with me, I introduced her to the server. She's new to MC, so teach her stuff.
      [Member]Chen_Yakumo: Hi.
      [Member]SugoiWizard: Hi ^^

"Well, obey the rules, and have fun." Kaguya smiled, and went back to what she was doing.

I eventually teamed up with two other members: SugoiWizard and teamtebow55. Throughout the experience, these two members helped me out with learning basic ways of Minecraft: farming, fishing, techniques of survival. I had a blast, and Kaguya promoted them to [Trusted]. They definitely deserved it.
      "Shouldn't you go home by now?" Kaguya asked me. I looked at the time: it was well over dinner time.
      "I have to go!" I shouted, got up, and packed up my computer. Ran-sama must be furious. "Thanks for everything, I'll come back tomorrow!"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Chapter 3: The Abduction

"Chen, come on! You missed the shot!"
        "Chen, stop dazing and get defending!"
        "What's wrong Chen?"

I was in the middle of playing soccer with my team ⑨ buddies when I went into a daydream. I was in the Minecraft world, building, surviving, having fun. Oh how I would wish for that to come true...
        "Chen!" I jerked back up to find Cirno yelling at me.

"Stop daydreaming! You're making the game boring!" Cirno growled. "What are you dozing off about anyway?"
        "Ah-" I was dazing again. Jeez, I need to get help or something. "I've been thinking about that one outside-world game called Minecraft..."
        "Minecraft?" A green-haired girl named Wriggle descended from the air. "I know that game, but I don't play it much."
        "I play Minecraft in the Scarlet Devil Mansion." Cirno proudly boasted. "That librarian named Patchouli has a computer that I sometimes use."
        "Is that so?" Rumia seemed to be interested. "I heard it was a fun game... doesn't Okuu play it too?"
        "I mostly go on hardcore pvp and survival games, so I don't know how to build well." Utsuho, a hell raven with large, proud black wings said as she descended down to the icy lake as well.
        "I see kids in Keine-sensei's class play it on their... what was it called. laptop?" There's Mystia the night sparrow, with her smaller but still magnificent purple wings.
        "Yup, Yuuka has a high-end gaming rig she got from Shimamura." Wriggle answered.

We are so called Team ⑨, dedicated to bringing mischiefs and having day-to-day fun. It's weird how we came up with that name, even though ⑨ essentially means "baka." But Cirno liked it for some reason, so we rolled with the name.

"So, what about Minecraft?" Cirno asked me.
        "I don't know, I just..." I hesitated. Should I tell my inner fantasy to them? Would they be able to understand? I don't want to get laughed at... "I just feel like sometimes I want to be in Minecraft, you know, just building and having a blast. Having fun in the real world is nice and all, but you can just do so much more when you're in Minecraft world."

Long silence came, and then a smile?
        "I understand." Cirno was the first to respond. "It's fun to play Minecraft, but it must be an entire different thing to be in Minecraft world itself."
        "Yeah, it might be fun." Utsuho agreed. "Maybe we should pretend like we're in Minecraft world."
        "No... even better." Wriggle suggested. "We make our own server and play together!"
        "But I don't have an account..." Mystia refuted. "Neither does Rumia."
        "I'll ask Satori-sama to buy one for each of you!" Utsuho advocated.
        "Yay!" We all cheered. With Mystia and Rumia joining, Team ⑨ can now create a server to play on!

sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

(Been freaking forever since I got this updated.)
          Chapter 4: The Realization

Chen slowly opened her eyes to find a spectacle. A... a Minecraft world? In real life?

She walked around the spawn area. A forest on one side continuing towards the west, the ocean on the other, with a small island next to it, a mountain to the Northeast.
          "What... what happened?" A voice came from behind Chen. It was Wriggle. "Are we in a Minecraft world?"

"This can't be real! It has to be a dream!" Utsuho panicked from above, spinning in circles. "Oh, Satori-sama will be furious when I come in late..."
          "Yay! Freedom!" The others, well, they were clueless, but at least they were happy. Chen was joyous as well. For so long she wished to be in the Minecraft world, and now the dream came true. What to do first, What to do?
          "Let's build something!" Chen suggested.
          "I wanna build an igloo!" Cirno shouted.
          "I wanna mine!" Mystia yelled happily.
          "I guess I'll start by punching trees, then." Utsuho said. The roles have been set, time to have fun!
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
          X