Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft story mode

Discuss.

Finally! Something that smashes Single Player Survival down to shame! I like how this sounds.

Comment

wut? A telltale minecraft game? That's odd.

Comment

This is gonna be great, I can tell. It probably won't be cancelled as well, so that's good.
        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

inb4 this idea gets scrapped.

Comment

I have very mixed opinions on the concept of a Minecraft Adventure game. I love adventure games (when they aren't just cheap and impossible to figure the solution out) and I love Minecraft. To see a fusion of the two is a marriage of two of my favourite things in gaming. But, as much as I like Telltale and their works, I'm unsure as to how a Minecraft Adventure game could play out. What would the story even be? How can one create a story that is both enjoyable and true/close to the source material?

While certain sources like Game of Thrones, Fables, Walking Dead, and such can easily have an adventure game made from it, Minecraft is different. Minecraft is a sandbox game. There is no story and there are but a few constants. Mobs, ores and tools, structures like strongholds and villages, and the player(s). This means that Telltale will have to forge their own story with their own OCs in the Minecraft world. This isn't the problem in itself, considering Walking Dead. The problem lies with introducing and forge concepts outside of the scope and reality that is the source material. Telltale can get away with making OCs for Walking Dead because it is assumed that there are a good number of survivors in the Walking Dead universe outside of the comic book (and TV show) characters. But in Minecraft, how can one create a main protagonist (or set of main protagonists) that would appeal to most Minecraft fans? How can Telltale make a story that is relatable to most Minecraft players while still being of the same quality as other Telltale games? That is the biggest problem in making a Minecraft adventure game and the one that I'm most concerned about. It also doesn't help that Minecraft is the best-selling and biggest game of all-time. Telltale has a lot of pressure, and I mean A LOT, to produce a high quality Minecraft adventure game.

But, while this adventure game does have its problems and obvious flaws, Minecraft: Story Mode is a great idea as well. It will allow Telltale to introduce Minecraft fans into adventure games and also introduce them to great and interesting IPs. And I'm not just talking about the fiction covered by Telltale, I'm talking about adventure games as a whole. Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango (which is getting a remake), Leisure Suit Larry (the good ones, that is), the Tex Murphy games (which got Tesla Effect not so long ago), King's Quest, Myst, and so many others. In this day and age, many people pass up on the greats that are adventure games either out of apathy or fear of difficulty. This fact saddens me because of how many classics and great games they are truly passing up on. So much great dialogue missed, jokes unheard, stories untold. But, if Telltale does a great enough job, maybe those games won't be ignored. Only time will tell, I guess. Only time will tell.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

This will be interesting, to say the least.

Comment

Point and mine

Comment

Im sure it will be a great ipad game for children!

Comment

So begins me talking about minecraft in the past tense.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Can it turn into a VN? Endergrill route ftw :^)^)^)^
                      My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                      Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X