X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madobe Nanami [AKA: Windows 7 OS-tan]

Found this around on YTube when looking for something. According to Wikipedia (the most trustworthy place in the entire world):
    Akiba PC reported that the first 7777 copies of Japanese Windows 7 Ultimate DSP editions[29] include special wallpaper and sound sets for a character called Nanami Madobe (窓辺ななみ Madobe Nanami?), voiced by Nana Mizuki. The character was designed by Wakaba.[30] The premium set includes a Windows 7 theme featuring 3 Nanami wallpapers, 19 event sound sets, CD with 5 extra Nanami sounds. Regular DSP edition includes a digest Windows 7 theme including a Nanami wallpaper, an event sound set; the preorder users can also download an extra Nanami wallpaper and 6 event sound sets. This makes it the first OS-tan marketed by the company producing the operating system. In addition, the character also got its own Twitter account.[31]

During the initial sales event of the Windows 7 DSP edition, the official profile of the character has also been revealed.[32] It shows Madobe Nanami was born in 1992-04-06 (release date of Windows 3.1) 17 years of age(at the time of release), who lives in Chiyoda, Tokyo. Nanami is among an extended family of 16 members, and she has elder brother named Goichi (吾一), elder sister named Mutsumi (むつみ), mother named Mikaho (美佳穗) from Madobe (窓辺) family, father named Kyuuachi (究八) from Shirato (白戸) family. Nanami and her cousin Claude Madobe (クロード(蔵人)) later appeared in Microsoft's Cloud Girl comic strip.[33]

Currently hunting down a box to see if I can get it
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

The Nanami desktop theme can be obtained online. I think I still have it on my own PC somewhere. It's also worth noting that at around the same time Bing (Japan) also released it's own set of desktop themes for Windows 7, all of which features a set of manga/anime style characters similar to Nanami along with their own voice sets, which is also worth a look if you want Japanese voices to replace all the standard sounds for Windows 7. A while later, Microsoft Taiwan revealed its own mascot character for MS Silverlight called Hikaru. No voice set as far as I know exists for here but she does have at least a bunch of desktop wallpapers and a desktop widget that... does nothing useful apart from being fun to look at...

Comment

My laptop has Nanami on it, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Krittercon View Post
        The Nanami desktop theme can be obtained online. I think I still have it on my own PC somewhere. It's also worth noting that at around the same time Bing (Japan) also released it's own set of desktop themes for Windows 7, all of which features a set of manga/anime style characters similar to Nanami along with their own voice sets, which is also worth a look if you want Japanese voices to replace all the standard sounds for Windows 7. A while later, Microsoft Taiwan revealed its own mascot character for MS Silverlight called Hikaru. No voice set as far as I know exists for here but she does have at least a bunch of desktop wallpapers and a desktop widget that... does nothing useful apart from being fun to look at...
        I mainly wanted the Box so I can actually use it to reinstall W7 one of these days because I've already used up the whole "3-activiations-only" (though, I went on to 4 somehow). And also the mouse. Definitely the mouse.

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
        My laptop has Nanami on it, lol
        i'm going to cry now.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Japan gets the best computers...
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X