X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardest Bosses you have ever faced?

For me, there are two bosses I fought but never beaten: Boolossus, from Luigi's Mansion, & Kalle Demos, from Wind Waker HD. Boolossus is hard because, in order to beat them, you have to pop them so that you may suck up each Boo individually. Easy, except for the part where the Boos avoid your freezing as they dwindle in number. It's always when I have 1-3 Boos left that they kill me. On the other hand, Kalle Demos is even harder. Why? No automatically aiming at the vines that hold it to the ceiling, so you have to stand there, aiming your boomerang, while Kalle Demos is free to whack you with it's other vines. Not only that, but the vines regenerate, so you have to move quickly. Truly impossible.

I also had a hard time with Megasparkle Goomba the first time I fought them, but the second time I actually used the fan at the correct time.

So what bosses do you have a hard time with?
    No whatever, more Reimu!

....they changed the ability to move while aiming with the boomerang using L-target free strafe?
    >aim up towards vines
    >use L-targeting to lock your aim up then strafe.
    Unless they got rid of that in the remake. (Also its been forever since I last played WW so can't remember exact details, but I'm certain that's what it is...)

Hardest memorable boss I can think of...
    Shadow Queen - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    First time through it took me two days of continuous battle to beat her. It was a war of attrition.
    I don't know how I did it...but I did.
    And it was epic.

Comment

Hm.. my nominates would be..

The shadow queen in paper mario TTYD, being an end boss is already nenough to think she is strong, but she has a hell of powers either to almost one shot kill you even by having protecting badges or by absorbing life points like a freaking vacumm...

Either Jeanne or Rodin in Bayonetta in Nonstop infinte climax mode (yes that is a difficulty name) they are fast, strong, intelligent and maddening crazy. Jeannes is like your character with fast attacks and demonic powers. Then the counters of her have massive damage on you if you let a second slip by accident. Rodin on the other hand has varied attacks with his angelic abilities and man he is fast like a rabbit. You will have your control stick to your fingers and won´t blink your eyes through the battles because there is NO WITCH TIME (the most used asset in the game to evade) you will ahve to fight them with split second reflexes.

And finally.. Manus of the abyss in dark souls.He is monster/magician/destructor with many one shot attacks. He usually attacks with his gigantic hand (hence his name) by swings stomps, etc.. His sttaff is for dark magic that has three attacks. Rain of pursuers, Barrage of dark fireballs and a closing circle of dark fireballs. Those three can ony by either deflected by a hidden accessory in the game,it works just for 2 seconds, so you need to time it really good, or have the evasive abilities of a master. Manus is the boss with most health in the game and took me 3 days to finally kill him with my last piece of healt and a good swinging of my Zewihander.
      Last edited by Kristia; 02-25-2014, 11:45 AM.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo I didn't even know what you just said. Sounds like a very advanced tactic, though.

@Both I actually found the Shadow Queen of normal difficulty. When you put all your levels in HP & use Art Attack on Princess Peach (who, if you look closely, is inside the Shadow Queen), you'll wall her & lower her HP quickly. Also, keep Vivian out. Not only is it satisfying, she can also help against the Shadow Queen's charge attack.
        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Are hidden or rematches of existing bosses counted too? If that is the case, Terra and all the data organization battles from KH2.

If that is not the case, then I would say Roxas from KH2. I had to cheat to get past him. He makes the final boss of the game look easy (it really is, but still)
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

All bosses count, even midbosses that later appear as regular enemies! Darknut in Wind Waker, for example.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

@ Jacobus

the targeting trick is...simple.
              Literally what I posted with the > are the steps needed.

You aim up
              then hold L-target.
              Begin moving with your aim automatically held upward.

Let me fire up the old GameCube to confirm...but that should be it.

Correction, that's not it.
              I was thinking Mario Sunshine I think...

No the way you do it best is to sweep with the cursor, then when you need to dodge use L-target to move while still holding the boomerang.

You'll lose the lock but it's just a matter of sweeping the cursor over the center of the vines and taking out as many as you can by just sweeping.

EDIT 3: Ya the trick is to run, watch the movements (which can be easily predicted if you watch closely), stop when the time is right, quickly aim to get as many as you can, throw boomerang, continue running while the boomerang is in mid flight to a position for hitting the next set of vines. It should take 3-4 repeats of this if done correctly for one round.

and shadow queen is easy....specially if you use the right badges and use the second crystal star ability (Clock out?)
              but hard if you don't know how to use them.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-25-2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Utsuho. Nuf said

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
                  Utsuho. Nuf said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-rhs5V0fYU

Comment

@Cucoo Thanks, I'll remember that.

Another boss from PMTTYD I found hard: Smorg. You need to take out each individual arm, & then strike the centre. Which is all well & good, but then it releases it's claw arm, which does so much damage. Looking it up, it does 10. If you're not good at jumping, like I was when I was younger, you'll lose for sure.
                    No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

looking back, there was one boss in FF12 that was pretty hard to beat (for me at least) behind the door of Wrath was the boss known as "Chaos" which prevented you from attacking him. You would have to use magic or something to hurt him, i never really figured out how. But for someone who prided herself on powerful weapons and attack strength, it's pretty much the ultimate handicap. there were a few other hard bosses in that game as well like the hell wyrm

Comment

Comment

I don't recall who the final boss was in "M&L: Partner's in Time,"
                          but that reminds me of the extremely unfair Cackletta from Superstar Saga...
                          Seriously, bringing both bros' HP to 1 then unleashing an onslaught of attacks as the opening move?
                          Not cool.

After a couple tries though, I got pretty damn good at dodging all of her patterns. ^.^
                          (You pretty much HAVE to anyways.)

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMooseJam View Post
                            I don't recall who the final boss was in "M&L: Partner's in Time,"

Comment

Fawful Express, mostly because the DS' microphone kinda sucks, so unless you know what the microphone needs, & can do it, you'll lose. Punching won't work, you have to use fire. Other hard bosses include: Super Peach's Castle, Durmite/Wisdurm, Mario Bros. vs Midbus, & Blizzard Midbus, if you don't know that hitting both the X & Y buttons makes you suck harder.
                              No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Working...
                              X