Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An exercise in Pokemon ROM Hacking (With Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An exercise in Pokemon ROM Hacking (With Poll)

I've tried to ROM Hack twice before. The first time, I fouled up the stats. The second time, I lost the files. This time, I have decided to use this forum to assemble a team (crazy, I know). Even if you don't want to officially join, you can still contribute by answering the poll: Realmon, or Fakemon? Choose carefully: This will help set the easiness of the project.

EDIT 1: Since the poll is leading towards Fakemon, & since I had a cool idea for an Eevee analogue, I made a Fakemon List, which is now a general ideas list: http://pastebin.com/SWc3LJKm

EDIT 2: Adding proper Fakemon Dex: http://pastebin.com/nGeckGxh

Everyone is free to suggest ideas to add to the list.
    Realmon
    28.57%
    Fakemon
    71.43%
    Last edited by Lord_Jacobus1; 05-21-2014, 05:00 PM. Reason: Adding New Pastebin
    No whatever, more Reimu!

Real Fakemon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Remi. The only real Fakemon I can name off the top of my head is Babos, for whatever reason. Babos is weird.
      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Fake Realmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What version are you going to mod?

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I will do Emerald, because Emerald is a pretty good game, but Hoenn could be a better region. Not to mention Emerald has both the weather trio & the Battle places, so it will be more of a challenge.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

i've actually been romhacking emerald myself lately just for the fun of it. i may help out.

Comment

@troublexassassin
                Thank you. Now it's time to suggest names for the ROM Hack. Here are mine. They all have to do with states of matter:

Solid
                Liquid
                Gas
                Matter
                No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Ok though I was hoping for a heartgold/soulsilver hack but ok.

Sent by Tapatalk
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Apparently HGSS is hard to hack. There are so few tools to do it.
                    No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

well before you come up with a name we need a clear ida what the game is about.

Comment

Fakemons suck so much though.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

OK, how about this?

The professor studies the differences & similarities between natural & man-made Pokemon. You are sent on a quest to complete the Pokedex & get the Gym Badges, as is standard. Soon you come across a team of scientists who wish to mass produce Pokemon & generally science things up. Later on, you meet a team of people who want to get rid of all artificial things, including Pokemon. Then, a Legendary is summoned by the second team, so to counteract this, the first team creates their own Legendary. The two Legendaries fight, a third Legendary comes in, etc. Notably, while the second team realizes that both natural & artificial things have worth, the first team doesn't learn a thing. They threaten to come back, standard stuff. Then the Champion, roll credits.

That's kinda cool, isn't it?

@Wriggle
                          It depends on the person & idea.
                          No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Not a bad idea. If you need help with names, I can help but that's about it and maybe test it too if needed.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Pokemon Mirror,

Pokemon shadow

Pokemon AI

Pokemon new moon

Pokemon 2 left for dead unleashed, warframe edition.

Just a few names i came up with.

Comment

Working...
                              X