Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rYjlxqypM

Ingress is a Smart Phone based Geo-caching game that uses your phones GPS. The difference is that you are finding a virtual point called a "portal" instead of a box or something. And instead of just things to find, they are control points. You join one of two factions, The Resistance and The Enlightenment, with two different back stories but the same goal. To control as many portals as possible. The basic mechanics are hacking, building control modules called resonators, defense systems, and attacking portals.

If you have a means of transport and you aren't afraid of using gas and/or walking alot, this might be interesting, otherwise it's very difficult. I wish I had more time to go to portals, but I just don't. I do however enjoy the backstory and concept.

It is available for android and ios

I am a Level 3 Resistance Agent.

And I decided to make this post because I found out a member of Mojang also plays. https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/498779848979283969

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

I'm down. Sounds like a game I used to play on my phone, I think it was discontinued, shame too because it was one of my favorite games.

Comment

Well this would give me a perfect excuse for wandering around my university campus more and getting out of the dorm room.
      Also I love the fact I could sign in with my youtube account.
      This will be fun...

Comment

I've played it a bit in the past, and I would probably play a bit more if the area I was in wasn't so unstable so to say.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
        X