X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ 5 Discussion Thread

As the name suggests, this thread is for those who play Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

So I guess I'll start it off by asking a question...

What civ do you all like to play as?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Played a bit a while back
    sigpic

Comment

japan or as Remi if I'm playing solo. Ugh. I kind of want to play again but that's a terrible idea.

Comment

Orange. With the new expansion it would be the doge. Both of then have great uniques for getting a strong economy early on. Gives you a nice advantage and options on where to advance

Comment

I've been meaning to get back into Civ 5. It's been ages since my last game (and over a year or so since I bought the game). Shamefully, due to hard drive space and my immature refusal to use my D: drive for games, I have not been able to install it. Which is a large shame considering that I want to play that one semi-recent Tanuki (Mamizou) civ and also play with the Madoka Magica civs. Maybe give myself a challenge and play as Homura Akuma.

I usually play whatever I feel like. I usually play as the likes of Greece or Korea. But I tend to stay away from generic civs (like Japan) or ones that are downright OP (like Russia -god, I hate Russia users). When I'm playing modded, I play whatever civ comes to my mind. Scarlet vs. Egypt vs. Greece vs. Denmark (+ Norway)? Let's do it! Or Utsuho vs. Cirno vs. Scarlet vs. Eirin vs. Suika? I'm down!
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Generally either Japan or a modded civ for me. Czar Peter's Russia is one that I like.

Honestly, can anyone really stand that game with default settings? I have to mod the evil out of it to get something that doesn't infuriate me. The balance is just so...ugh! At a minimum, I have to play with an AI rebalance and a few tweaks to policies and wonders, just for the whole thing not to play like a memorization game ("Oh, you picked Freedom? So sorry! The correct answer was Tradition! Better luck next empire.").

Comment

Originally posted by Kass
              ("Oh, you picked Freedom? So sorry! The correct answer was Tradition! Better luck next empire.")
              >Every game I play with new people and/or people who opt for Freedom.

That brings me back to an old game I had with Snoop, Kritter, and someone else (Mamizou, maybe? Even if he may hate our guts now... Despite how much I wanted to be his friend... T_T ). I teamed up with Snoop and Kritter had his own team with the other dude. When I checked Snoop's social policies, I flipped my shit when I saw that he picked Freedom. *sigh* Good times...
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

i liked playing either japan or rome. I don't always declare war, but when i do, i leroy jenkins everything.

Comment

I do like playing as Korea. The SCIENCE!

Really, up to the Emperor difficulty, it is possible to rush Great Library, National College, and Oxford University. The hellgate opens from there. :3
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Egypt because spam wonder builds

Comment

England is the civ I normally play as but I've decided to try other civs as well. ( I'll miss you, ship of the line :'c )

I really need to continue a few games where I'm at war with Kritter... Hmmm.....

Comment

oh memories. we'll never know if snuggleflan and snuggletewi will destroy sausage worship will we?

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
                          oh memories. we'll never know if snuggleflan and snuggletewi will destroy sausage worship will we?
                          We must get Devil worship back. AND KI- I mean, politely destroy Kritter.

Comment

Meanwhile snoop and I were just taking over the world

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                              Meanwhile snoop and I were just casually taking over the world
                              I don't know why I read that with that word in it but I did. And I found it hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X