X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star Online 2

This is now the team page for Yukkuricraft's 6th Expeditionary force - Patchy: ARKS Division.

I'll post updates here and general "what's going on" as well as various "Emergency Codes" to help improve the team.

DAILY HAPPENINGS
    - 11/3/2014
    Ok so we need about 1,000 Team Points in order to get a team room. Luckily the Team Client orders give about 300 TPs on average so if everyone pitches in, we'll be able to get some pretty nice things quickly. TCO's reset weekly on Wednesdays, so make sure to do what you can.

UPDATES
    - 11/3/2014
    Team has been upgraded to lvl 2!

EMERGENCY CODE: TEAM POINTS
    We need team points to upgrade and unlock special features of the team. This is ongoing but for now the goal is 3k points, which will net us a Team Room and lvl 3.

PLAYER LIST
    Template:
    Forum name - Player ID name - Ship #
    - Character: HU/RA/FO/FI/GU/TE/BR/BO levels

Cucoo5 - Aion 1 - Ship 2
    - Arrow Leonares: 31/5/4/19/1/1/32/1
    - Tina Leonares: 1/1/1/1/1/1/5/1

MyHatismyFriend - MyHatismyFriend - Ship 2
    - MyHatismyFriend: 44/45/1/37/2X/1/1/1

troublexassassin - Tewi_Chan - Ship 2
    - Seki: 1/1/2/1/1/1/1/1

Kuraiko - Kuraiko__ - Ship 2

NOTE:
    Player ID name is NOT your login username.
    There are Two distinct IDs bound to your account
    Player ID Name - a name that allows players to identify your account even when on another character.
    Player ID - A unique number that is primarily used for the friend reference system when a friend is registering in order to give the friend reference bonus.

Login Username should be different from your Player ID Name.

Spoiler: For those that don't know what PSO2 is and might consider joining

I recall making a thread about MMO's in general a long time ago and that there were quite a few people that played PSO2 here.
    As of late I had an itch to play this again so I figured I would probe to see how many people still do play.

For those that don't know about it and might be interested:

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a F2P MMORPG by Sega that will most likely never see a western release.
    Despite being of the hack and slash genre, there's enough variety in the class system that allows you to mix things up a bit.

Getting the game requires jumping through a few hoops, but it's more time consuming than difficult.
    Currently there are some server issues from recent DDoS attacks so connectivity requires some modification, but luckily there's a solution for that too.

The best guide for getting the game and registering as well as making sure you can connect is here
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Cicero's minor troubleshooting guide:

1) To test if you need the proxy, see if you can access pso2.jp
    a) if you can, then odds are you don't need the proxy. Set it up anyway.
    b) if you can't, set up the proxy. with AIDA's tweaker, you simply plug in the special url and then hit ok.

2) If when you try to launch the game, it opens a black window and then crashes, this means its not fully updated.
    a) If you followed AIDA's guide, then all you have to do is run the Tweaker's check for updates and when it's done, run it once more to double check. Sometimes it goes in stages. Repeat until done. From there you want to install the translation patches. All of them. Unless you're fluent in Japanese then you could ignore this.

3) If you have the game running and get error 249 when trying to select a ship, you need the proxy.

4) If you get the "Black Screen of Death" where the intro videos are playing sound but no videos are displayed, go to tweaker and do Orb>troubleshooting>check for old/missing files. If this starts downloading and installing things after checking, this fixed it.

General Information/ advice:

Ship 2 is the predominantly English speaking ship so if you're new, create your character(s) there

You can make and delete as many times as you wish your first two character slots without penalty. (Except for the 24hr wait time where you can undo a delete)

You cannot change ships for free, you need Arks Cash (AC) (real money) to do so.

You can change classes as many times as you want. The class you select is only what you start with. When you reach lvl 20 and gain subclasses this will make more sense.

You only get one MAG. There's a calculator that allows you to figure out what is the optimal stats for your MAG and character build. Resetting a MAG costs AC.

You cannot trade with other players unless you have premium.

You get a personal mini room and support character for free. You want to set this up ASAP. It alleviates the grind a bit. You get the support partner at lvl 20ish. Each character gets their own support partner.

Don't worry about dying, there's no real penalty except failing certain Client Orders/ Quests and having to do them all over again. If there's someone nearby they can revive you with Moon Atomizers, of which each person can only hold 5. Soooo don't die often.

When in doubt, carry a good ranged weapon. Typically this will be Gunslashes for Hunters, Fighters, and Bouncers. Every other class has a ranged weapon/ ability by default. A good range attack can serve as a good way to survive tougher bosses.

Braver is a great starter class IF you want to get into melee. Purely because it's forgiving with max Just Reversal, Katana's Counter weapon action, and the ability to switch to a pretty darn good range option with the bullet bow when in a pinch. If for some reason you want to go more "hardcore melee" then go hunter or fighter right out the gate. Less forgiving if you mess up, but when mastered, you fear nothing.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-05-2014, 12:21 AM.

the only mmorpg where the connection from australia is great

I will start playing once my college entrance exams are over. Handle is MyHatismyFriend, level 44HU/45RA/37FI/2somethingGU

Comment

Oh forgot to mention to list off Player name/ID and Character name(s) as well as ship #
      I posted a template in OP.

Comment

If you need PSO2Proxy, contact me. I have one that I'm willing to give to others. I will, however, ban you the minute you use it to SSH tunnel anything.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Currently the unofficially official proxy is this
          pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

Comment

Isn't this the Japanese version? Wasn't there an english version released in June?
            How many times can you die a day~?
            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Yeaaaaa
              SEA version...
              It's so far behind the JP version and isn't even as translated as far as the JP version is with the unofficial patches.
              For the time and effort needed to get the supposedly official translated version, you'd get more for your time with the JP version.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An update for this:

I created a team for us here

YC 6th - Patchy

Because it's new, no team room yet.

Also I think I might have derped, if anyone sent me a friend invite, I might have declined it thinking it was a random person.

Comment

All this time SEGA ID doesn't like any of my e-mail addresses, so I can never play.

Comment

Certain email providers don't work
                    Don't ask how I managed to make hotmail work once...
                    I know AOL works...

Comment

nigga i ship 2

Comment

DO YOU SHIP IT~?

Sorry just had to make sure. I know a few cases where peeps during the early days were starting on other ships and kinda stayed where they were.

P.S. I linked this thread as the team website for now.

Comment

I aint joining yo gayass team my team has a swag-hat i aint givin up fo nothin

Comment

Fair enough.
                            I primarily made it so that we have a team chat for YC.

Tbh I was on the verge of rejoining my old team but finally decided against it due to my own sporadic nature when it comes to playing and figured if things got far enough along, having our own team room would be nice.

Anyway...
                            Updates:
                            Team is lvl 2

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-05-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

oh i have been in the mood to play a new MMORPG LATLEy

Comment

Working...
                              X