X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amiibo Thread

OK, so now that amiibos are out, I have decided to make a thread about them. I'm going to be getting a Marth amiibo today, so pics are upcoming.

Also, I found a wiki, so consult that if you have any questions: http://amiibo.wikia.com/wiki/Amiibo_Wiki

Alright, get to it!

EDIT:
    Marth, outside the box. The flash on the camera is bright, so he might be hard to see.
    Last edited by Lord_Jacobus1; 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM. Reason: Added pics.
    No whatever, more Reimu!

When they release in Britain (alongside every other damn game that did not come out today), I'll be picking up at least 1 or 2. I'm thinking of getting Link and the Villager but I'm not 100% sure. If I like the amiibo sufficiently (from a collector's perspective), I'll buy more until Rosalina releases next year. If they aren't quite good, I'll definitely hold off on the purchases but I'll still get Rosalina.

The thing with certain figures and collectibles is that photos can only provide so much info compared to viewing them with your own eyes. And amiibo are in this grey area. They look decent enough to justify the price but are they good enough for my standards? Of course, there are exceptions where the quality (or lack thereof) is highly apparent.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-21-2014, 06:03 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that the Falchion is made of softer plastic, so it can bend slightly, but not too much. Other than that, he's pretty solid.

I'm getting a lot of amiibos as gifts, & I hope to get enough for me to raise them in 8P Smash. So 7 by Christmas.

Here's a list of amiibos I hope to get, out of all the currently announced amiibo.

Spoiler: amiibo List
      Kirby
      Marth (obtained)
      Pikachu
      Villager
      Wii Fit Trainer
      Yoshi
      Captain Falcon
      Bowser
      Ike
      Meta Knight (Best Buy exclusive)
      Rosalina
      Sheik
      Shulk (GameStop exclusive)
      Sonic
      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

So, I was looking on Twitter and I saw this image for Smash Bros. amiibo.

Ladies and gentlemen: I present to you, Merth. The sexiest looking amiibo ever.

I hope to god that all amiibo weren't made like Merth here. It just makes me more concerned for the things when they arrive over here in Europe/Britain in a week's time.

Jacobus, is your amiibo a Marth or a Merth?
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

...Dammit, it's Merth! I must have low standards, because I still kinda like him.
          No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Meta Knight is a Best Buy exclusive? That's harsh, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by LordCirno View Post
              Meta Knight is a Best Buy exclusive? That's harsh, yo.
              I know it's harsh, BUT as far as I know that only applies to America/Canada, so maybe you could fly to Japan or something? I don't know.
              No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

I also can notice in the pic that the sword is bent horribly.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

...So it is. Whoops. It is made of softer plastic.
                  No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

>Shulk (GameStop exclusive)
                    >GameStop exclusive
                    >GameStop exclusive
                    >GameStop exclusive

MFW:

First Xenoblade was originally a GameStop exclusive...
                    Then GameStop goes and jacks up the price of the game
                    and they still have the rights to it?

Kill me
                    now
                    I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Comment

Maybe this thread was an awful idea. I'm learning so much unpleasant truths!
                      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

The thread is fine as it actually informed me of a new reason why I should love to hate GameStop.
                        ...Even then I'll still buy the Shulk amiibo.

Comment

Well you'd better hurry on that. Everyone wants it, I can tell.
                          No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Jacobus1 View Post
                            I know it's harsh, BUT as far as I know that only applies to America/Canada, so maybe you could fly to Japan or something? I don't know.

I'll just settle down with my general release amiibos that are in no way rare, or exclusive.

Comment

@LordCirno Aw, poor sad Sanae...

@Everyone Well, I had a wonderful idea last night. Let's start a Merth cult! If there's Fazbearanity, surely there must be Merthism.
                              No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Working...
                              X