X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Starve - Winter Problems

So I got Don't Starve recently, and I soon discovered that winter is brutally unforgiving. I've gotten pretty good at surviving; I just stockpile a few chests full of rabbits and have about 6-10 farms, and that plus more rabbit traps usually gets me through. But then, thanks to a mod, I started playing as Satori. She has only 100 health, doesn't hit very hard, and her third eye scares away pigs and bunnymen. Fortunately her whopping 250 sanity and ability to befriend animals (which give sanity restoration) balances things out well. Things were going well, until I realized a terrible problem: Satori can't kill innocent creatures like rabbits without a huge sanity loss, which means MY ENTIRE WINTER SURVIVAL STRATEGY IS USELESS. Does anybody have some good tips on how I can get Satori through winter without having to kill rabbits, birds, or beefalos?

i'm pretty sure you can use flower hats and oter items to help keep your sanity up. Also if befriending the animals gives you sanity then just befriend more than you kill?

Comment

What you should do is kill enough beefalo until you can get a beefalo hat, then get a bunch of rabbits to boost back up your sanity. That's how I did it when I played as Satori.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I hadn't thought of just cancelling out the sanity losses. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

The alternative is to just find a koalephant. That gives you a lot of warmth for having it around.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

iirc Satori gains sanity in a cave, so if you find one, you could go down and chill there for a while if you lose too much :3

Comment

Working...
            X