Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Monster Hunter Squad?)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Monster Hunter Squad?)

So, with the upcoming Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's demo being recently released to the public (us Brits never got the demo early), I have developed a severe desire and craving to play the upcoming game. Of course, as the game is coming out in but a week's time, I thought I'd see as to who else is waiting for open season or preparing themselves by playing prior games like Tri, 3 Ultimate, or Freedom Unite iOS (like I am).

Spoiler: What is Monster Hunter?
    For those who are unfortunately not in the know, Monster Hunter is a rather popular Capcom franchise in which you take the role of a monster hunter. As a hunter, you are given an assortment of tasks and quests assigned to you by the hunting guild on behalf of people plagued with monster related woes. It is up to you (and up to 3 other players) to slay the most powerful monsters, trap the most evasive foes, gather the rarest resources, and prove yourself as one of the greatest hunters around.

Monster Hunter is an action game which takes due fighting elements from arena fighters and other manner of 3rd person action games. With an assortment of weapons, protective gear, hunting allies, and useful items at your disposal, hunters are encouraged to employ various tactics and strategies in order to complete their quests. Love to smash everything in sight? You may want to consider using a Hammer. Want to be nimble but deadly? Dual Blades might be the weapon for you. Like the idea of slaying foes from afar? Then you may wish to consider picking up one of the three ranged weapons: Bow, Light Bowgun, or Heavy Bowgun (in MH Tri, bowguns are handled differently and there is no bow). Or you could just be a douche and plant bombs only to explode them in your teammate's (or a Felyne's) face.

Of course, how does one obtain such powerful gear? How is one expect to become the very best if one doesn't even have powerful weapons or the right gear? Unlike most games wherein the armour is straight-up sold to you or presented to you as loot, Monster Hunter requires you to craft your gear. No ifs, no buts. You are required to craft most of the gear in the game. Using materials that you find while questing or exploring the wildernesses and by carving body parts from fallen monsters, hunters are able to craft gear made from these materials and fallen foes. Most significant monsters will have matching gear that you can craft from them so don't be afraid to hack away at your latest kill in order to get that piece of gear you've been wanting badly.
    This crafting and grinding aspect of the game is one of the biggest reasons why people love Monster Hunter. Wearing your high-tier equipment as not a sign of wealth or diligence but as a sign of accomplishment. Nothing feels greater than taking on the next big foe with equipment that you made yourself. The reason why you are in that position is not because of the fact that the game has been boosting you but because you have taken every step to get there. From mining that one pesky ore to slaying a troublesome and powerful foe, you have gone through great lengths in order to get that gear of yours. THAT is a powerful feeling that few other games truly provide.

If sufficient people are into Monster Hunter or are willing to try out Monster Hunter 4U, we could form a Yukkuricraft Monster Hunter Squad and arrange online hunts for us to play. After all, what's greater than questing alone? Questing together!
    I actually have a mockup Squad Banner in the works for the thing. I'll most likely post it later.

So, my question to you all is, how many of you are interested in playing Monster Hunter with myself and other Yukkuricrafters? Also, if you'd be nice enough, we could also share friend codes and other Monster Hunter goodness here.

Also, if you have the demo or are getting the demo, don't be afraid to ask me to do one of the demo hunts with you. Be warned though, I'll be f*cking around with the new weapons for the most part. That or doing some experimenting with weapons I barely use.

Happy hunting~!
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

I was thinking of making a MH4U Thread but you got ahead of me.

I have the demo for a few weeks thanks to a friend's friend.

I will be getting the game on opening day for hunting season so I won't mind joining the YukkuriCraft hunting group.

I do have a guild of my own and other friends to hunt with so I won't be hunting with the group all the time.

My hunter's name is going to be Zekai this time (for my male).

Sent by Tapatalk
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Ooh, this seems cool, I'd join when my wifi connection gets better

Comment

After some image editing and tweaks, I made a mockup banner for a potential Monster Hunter Squad:

(Yes, that is Hinamori Amu in Arzuros armour.)

Of course, as this image is a mockup, I'm still tweaking with how it's going to look. I might consider changing how the title is done and what is used in the background. Presently, I'm using a random but befitting title and using my favourite monster as my background. I'm considering including one's main weapon in the title and looking into the possibility of a screenshot of one's hunter.

Also, for people wondering, here's my 3DS friend code: 2208-5334-3531
        My main weapon in Monster Hunter is Hammer, Hunting Horn, or Longsword. Although, in playing the demo, I'm highly interested in trying to main Charge Blade (I have yet to try out the Insect Glaive).

@Zekai
        I too will be trying my hardest to get the game on release. But I won't be getting the matching new 3DS because my budget is hurting quite a bit.

The whole guild thing is pretty understandable. Not everyone would take the time to go on every hunt we arrange. Although, for those who don't know your friend code, I think it'd be wise to share your friend code on here.

@Nuclear
        You played Monster Hunter before or will it be your first time?
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

Really? The bear armor? I do like the anime look and the Los. I've tried the Insect Glaive and no thanks for me. I main Greatsword, Longsword, Dual Swords and I like the Charge Blade (It was originally called Insect Staff and Charge Axe but these names work too). The bow would kill my R button.

For banners, if you can make personal ones, I want Tigrex and if possible, Youmu in Tigrex armor would make me blood fountain. I do suggest for the group banner, place the MH4U logo somewhere, even if it's small.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
            I didn't do the art. The Amu was just a lucky find. If I could do my own art, I'd redraw Amu with different armour. For your Youmu, you'd either be forced to use one that has a random armour set or just use plain old Youmu (although Youmu already looks good enough for a barebones hunter).
            But, I do agree on the necessity for some manner of Monster Hunter logo/insignia. Not everyone will recognise the Rathalos in my banner.

If the MH Squad is big enough and worthy of being an official squad, I'll see to refining the banner further and making ones for Hunters who cannot make their own.
            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-06-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Im sure if you search "touhou monster hunter" there's might be something. I found a large picture of a bunch of Pikachus in Monster Hunter gear.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Even though I will not have the game right away, I may consider getting it as next week my 3ds will be arriving (yep, I pre-ordered the xl new one >3<, I'll finally have a friend code~!) I already have ORAS, AC New leaf, and Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm planning on getting more games but yes, starting something with the community in this game would be so much fun :3

Comment

@TRXD

It is not Tigrex armor but it is still Youmu

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ix-d5i68hj.png

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

@Zekai
                    The pose Youmu assumes in that is rather unfavourable for the banner. And there's an awful lot to remove in order to apply it to a banner. I would rather look for a character in a more neutral pose with either a plain background or a more workable background.

Keep in mind, we only have two/three confirmed hunters and two who are interested in playing. Don't jump the gun on the Monster Hunter Squad just yet.

@Flan
                    Yay! >u<

Comment

I only posted it cause I said "Youmu in armor" earlier.

I found a few Touhou x Monster Hunter pictures.

EDIT: Forgot to put friend code down. 2277-6861-1132. We are already 3DS friends TRXD.

Only 2-3? I know a certain someone on here that's willing to join in but I'll leave it to her.

Sent by Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Zekai; 02-06-2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

myon cry because its not on WiiU and my sis does have a 3DS but then I dont wanna MH4 on 3DS because i dont wanna accustom to em controls

Comment

Capcom needs to bring the Frontier series over. They're making it for Wii U, Xbox One/360 and PC.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

@Zekai
                            Not including myself, yeah. Only 2/3 confirmed hunters. You, Kristia, and Outlaw (need to pester Outlaw about the squad though). But there are few who are interested in playing the game like Flan and Nuclear (Jessespy too but he's Australian and hunting would get complicated with him).

@Myon
                            I know the feels. I want another Monster Hunter on Wii U or on a big console. But, the majority of Monster Hunter sales have been on portable consoles. Capcom took a look at the Japanese and worldwide sales for 3 Ultimate and other games and saw that 3 Ultimate wasn't that much of a success on Wii U. So, instead of making a sexy and awesome Monster Hunter on Wii U, we have this little 3DS gem. It's a big shame considering that Monster Hunter works so well on Wii U (seriously, the gamepad is basically an oversized PSP/Vita when you look at it). So now, Capcom has decided to make the new Monster Hunter with the 3DS. Not that I'm complaining too much because a portable Monster Hunter is f*cking awesome. And besides, it at least means that we have a Monster Hunter that is strictly made for 3DS rather than a game that was made for the Wii and got remade for 3DS. Seriously, Capcom had to cut a few corners when it came porting 3U to 3DS and the graphics showed it.

As for the controls, I understand the control woes big time. Camera controls are rather finicky in MH3U (and even 4U) if you do not have Circle Pad Pro or the new 3DS. But asides from camera, both 3U and 4U have pretty solid controls on 3DS. I have yet to find myself in a situation where I blamed the controls for a bad outcome (except when the camera f*cks me over).

Comment

@Tr
                              Well, this wouldn't be the first time playing monster hunter but I'm not too familiar to it.
                              If anybody needs my friend code, just ask. I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X