Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door... IN 3D!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door... IN 3D!!!

So, recently there was a supposed leak for a 3DS remake of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I've beaten the original game (a couple times, actually...) back when my Nintendo GameCube was the only active system in my house at the time. Even if I don't have a Nintendo 3DS to speak of, this better be true.

(Though, imo they should've started with a 3D remake of Paper Mario 64, but whatever.)

I think that a 3D remake of Paper Mario 64 doesn't "exist" yet, due to major reworking into making it a better game.
    However, the leak kinda sounds interesting, due to the fact that Paper Mario itself was replicated to "look" 3D on the GameCube.
    Looks like only time will tell.

don't steal my potatoes againsigpic

Comment

I loved TTYD and played till nothing was left (take that Bonetail), in fact both the N64 and GC paper mario games are awesome, but the wii one.. passable

I know there will be another Paper mario game with Stickers as the main element of the game.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

You... You actually defeated Bonetail...? That alone takes guts. I unfortunately didn't, mostly because I hated the Pit of 100 Trials with a passion. The only thing I wanted out of that god-forsaken gauntlet was the Strange Sack (No innuendo here, that's what it was actually called in the game).

It was worth it, as I hated the fact that you could only carry up to 10 items without the Strange Sack.

Comment

Bonetail was a formidable boss, then again you had to be prepared to go through other 99 battles that weren´t a walk through the park in the long run, my party barely made it alive with them and they all had 1 or 2 hp after beating Bonetail (me with my permadeath idiocy) and boy it felt good to crush him with Mario´s boot.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

There's a combination of badges that can make the pit into an absolute cakewalk. Provided you were like me and broke the gameplay clock and grinded for so long after beating the game you just could equip w/e you wanted.
            That aside, PM: TTYD was pretty much 3-5 years of my childhood. There was so much to do even post game that I spent most of those years just playing one game file. Alot of it was grinding for the Pit...
            Of course now-a-days if they brought it back it would be pretty good to have portable. Especially with having sleep mode available.

The first time I tried to beat the Shadow Queen I was so underleveled yet skilled enough to mitigate damage taken I waged a two day war against her. I had to leave my GCN on overnight.
            I didn't win that first attempt. Second attempt though I figured out the trick to beat her easy.

Man I miss the days where I would discover those secret tricks without the internet. Between the badges and that final battle... there were some interesting things one could do to become godlike.

Comment

but the experience of learning your way through the adventure, the puzzles that break your mind the, freaking white bomb quest, and discovering many secrets that gave you even more content, that is what internet walkthroughs can´t give you-

Spoiler:

Comment

The first time I fought the Shadow Queen was HORRIBLE. I got her to at least 5 HP, though. I lost all my HP after that, due to a strong attack.

Comment

yup she has devastating attacks, but there is also the moment when she asks you to give up, the first time I read it, I imagined the group simply ignoring that question and going for the attack, but then the option to do it appeared XD

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                  X