X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Replay

Some of you might have heard of the 30th anniversary of Rare company, and their anthology that was released now on late summer. It has some great gems like the Banjo Kazooie games, Battle Toads. There are other interesting pioneers like Blast Corps, R.C Pro-AM and the very first games. Sure there are odd things like Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but Rare did what they could to what they are now.

SO what are your thoughts on this collection of games?

In my case I was addicted to Jet Force Gemini when I borrowed a friend´s N64 and now as a 22 year old person, I´m still enjoying that game and struggled for saving those suicidal civilians who ran between the fire fights. Blast Corps is also a game I forced my focus to clear the path of the nuclear truck and had so many cases where one single error destroyed my efforts (I´m seeing you Backlash and Oyster Harbour), but in the end enjoyed the action-puzzle platfroms
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

It's great to see some of Rare's greatest hits be released for Xbone imo. But, as I don't have an Xbone or 360, I cannot provide any real opinion on the Rare Replay other than "Cool! A whole collection of every Rare fan's tears".
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Well, if you got a friend who has an XBone, tell him or her that the game is worth every cent. Gee I still laughed with Conker´s dark comedy
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
        I deffo would. I know a good number of the games in the collection and can already recommend the Rare Replay on that merit. Only reason why I can't form an opinion is because I don't know how the games run or perform.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Well, the N64 ones like Banjo 1 and 2, and Conker are adventure platforms like In DK 64, Blast corps is an action/puzzle platformer, Jet forxe Gemini is a third person shooter with adventure genre, Perfect Darks is basically like Golden Eye, but in the future.

As for some older games like Battle toads and its arcade version, they are beat em up platformers with the NES and Arcade crazy difficulties (Turbo Tunnel.. Ugh..) and R.C AM I and II, are isometric cart razing, there are way old games that were in the years like Atari where your imagination filled the place, and they are HARD.

Going to more recent times, we goth Kameo, one of the very first 360 games, with all its flaws and glitches, this game is mostly adventuring. Grabbed by the Ghoulies is an odd game, thats all I will say about it. Perfect Dark Zero is the prequel of the N64 version, Both Viva Pińata games are supposed to be relaxing, but you end up going all business guy like with the Harvest Moon games. And the infamous Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is one of the games I haven´t had the focus to play yet like.

EDIT.

The performance on the games are like in their original versions, playing on the Frames-per-second that the console could play with, the easy or hard controls depending on each game, but things like errors or crashes that the old games had is rare, and most, if not all the games have an HD work on them in terms of colors and gameplay.
          Last edited by Kristia; 09-09-2015, 03:33 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Welp, I know what I'm getting.

Banjo-Kazooie, here I come! XD
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Gyahahahaha still never beated battletoads for NES

Comment

Battle toads is one of the hardest NES games, but when you get the hang of it (and many retries..) you adapt to the game, I have reached the water board level at the moment

Spoiler:

Comment

Did you see it from 2bestfriends

Comment

I don´t know who are those guys, but I have played that game since release, it has been indeed a great challenges that only games from the N64 period and older have.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                    X