Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Frontier: The incredibly fair and unfair best zombie mmo

woooooooooooo

I haven't thought about that game since it came out. Didn't even know that ol' piece of shit was still kickin'.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Can you elaborate on the fair/unfair part?

Comment

dayz best zombie survival terraria mod 1938
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Krittercon View Post
          Can you elaborate on the fair/unfair part?
          Fair:
          -No PVP unless you turn yourself on PVP
          -Most zombies can be defeated using the same method of dodging
          -Missions for money and XP come daily( I think 2 missions per day? Or just 1), so you dont need to overwork yourself on doing multiple quests
          -Missions that give money/xp is a moderate amount
          -Pretty realistic descriptions of food
          -Tons of ways to go in profession/job, as listed:
          Farmer = every day or certain amount of time, a farmer exclusive food will appear in your inventory
          Scientist = every day or certain amount of time, a healing item will appear in your inventory (HEALING ITEMS ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE)
          Doctor = administrates healing items, making them heal MORE than they should if you were to use them on demand, the healing item is INSTANTLY USED WHEN HEALING ITEM IS ADMINISTRATED
          Chef = starts off with a chef's knife, just a step up above the starting pen knife, and COOKS FOOD to have them recover more saturation, and the food is NOT INSTANTLY USED WHEN COOKED
          Repairman = repairs armor
          Soldier = starts off with good increased stats early, starts off with a Skorpion SMG, but -30% xp penalty for killing stuff
          Athlete = starts off with +25 agility
          Firefighter = starts off with damaged fireaxe (NOT A FULL FIRE AXE, STILL BETTER THAN PEN KNIFE), and has some skillpoints
          There are some others that I havent listed that are the stat boosted classes, however aside from those, the rest are role playing classes with the exception of the student, it is a hybrid profession of both gameplaywise role playing. With chef, repairman, and doctor, you can SELL your services on the marketplace, gaining money and helping others in cooking/administration/repair, at the cost of your hunger
          -Is actually a Zombie MMO
          -If you hate for some reason you disconnect from the internet/laggy internet, you can set yourself to SINGLE PLAYER MODE to avoid having lag spikes FREEZE your game, as well as if you hate society, you can do that too to avoid random players causing aggro

Unfair:
          -DIE PRETTY EASILY (regular zombies can still kill you because armor only divides damage and subtracts, not totally protecting your health (example: 50 damage done, armor divides damage by 50%, damage becomes 25)
          -Early game is pretty easy, until you meet zombies that feel complete bullshit in damage and how they attack
          (Bloat = explode on death, damaging you if you try to attack with melee/in range of explosion, Reaper = 180 degree slash that is annoying when trying to kill with melee, tendril = runs faster than you sprinting and does the most damage for a special infected, spider = same as tendril, but instead of being enraged to sprint full speed at you, it already runs full speed at you if it notices you, however does less damage)
          -ALL BOSSES ARE HARD, THEY REQUIRE MULTIPLE PEOPLE WITH (emphasis on with) MODERATE DAMAGING GUNS
          -You'll spend most of your days poking stuff with a melee weapon until you get a melee weapon that actually kills, but your melee weapon wont help you against a special infected horde, as well as trying to keep the noise level down for zombies so that they don't notice you
          -Get confused on stats
          (example: STRENGTH DOES NOT EQUAL POWER [ Strength =/= more damage], Strength is the capability of holding a quite heavy item, like some weapons and melee require strength to wear/equip, ENDURANCE ALSO INCREASES STAMINA CAPACITY, NOT JUST HEALTH POINTS, SO AGILITY ONLY AFFECTS MOVEMENT ---->SPEED <----, NOT STAMINA CAPACITY/RECOVERY, Critical hit would be the closest thing to do more damage, which is x3 or x5 damage I think, and no, 100 points into critical hit DOES NOT = CRIT ALL THE TIME. Accuracy affects the chance of bullets hitting where your crosshair is, which the higher it is the more accurate it is.
          -People can cause a horde and bring the zombies to you.
          (example: Chainsaw = unlimited ammo, and is a melee weapon, so I REV IT UP AND LURE THEM TO A PERSON WHILE MOVING TO THE NEXT AREA, ALL THE ZOMBIES TURN TO THAT GUY)
          -You lose 99999% of cash ON YOUR BODY ON DEATH, NOT BANK (Unless you're holding a security box, then it stores money into that when you die)
          -Xp loss on death varies, sometimes if you die you dont lose XP maybe because you've died too often, but if you die, your amount of xp will be subtracted by half of what you have
          -Gambling ruins lives people, there IS a gambling den, but its rigged that the cards are always random, even though you saw that the Queen was there between the 2 Jacks.
          -5 free spaces of personal storage. Costs $25,000 in game money to buy 5 more additional slots. How to exploit more storage? Sell things on the marketplace for UNBELIEVABLE PRICES, or put them in a private trade with someone else (preferably a friend), there is no timer on where that item in the trade will go.
          -PvP Arena: AVOID IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND OVER $1,000 REAL LIFE MONEY TRYING TO BE THE BEST IN TOP SCORE TO ACCESS THE ELITE SHOP AWARDED FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THE BEST PLAYER KILLS/SURVIVOR/TOP MONEY ETC WITHIN THE week?

In between:
          -IS AND IS NOT A PAY TO WIN GAME, YOU CAN PAY ALL YOU WANT TO WIN, CAN STILL BE KILLED BY ZOMBIES, HOWEVER WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF FUN THAN DYING 24/7 (if you actually suffer those deaths). Have I spent any real life money? No. It's only been 2 weeks since I've started and with schooling and gameplay, I myself is actually amazed that my stats and inventory is like that.
          -It's better to focus on one type of stats and proficiency, because the game will definitely be harder if you try to spread your stats/proficiencies
          (example: I run on agility and critical hit to move at my fastest speed and critical hit to randomly do tons of damage, a sort of hit and run tactic for survival, as well as putting points into melee and machinegun because melee is an almost required for general gameplay, and machinegun is an ammo feeder, but gets the job done)
          -YOU CAN PAUSE, YES I SAID IT, YOU CAN FUCKING PAUSE IN AN MMO, HOWEVER IT TAKES A 10 SECOND DELAY BEFORE OPENING UP YOUR INVENTORY/CHECKING WHERE YOU ARE ON THE MAP FOR YOU TO PAUSE. IF YOU RETURN AFTER PAUSING BEFORE 30 SECONDS HAVE PASSED (idk thats how I think it's like), THE ZOMBIES WILL AGGRO ONTO YOU.
          -People see 40% of different things you do.
          (example: If you loot something, its different for everyone, AND NO ONE STEALS IT BECAUSE ITS YOUR LOOT, AND THEIRS IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT AND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE, SO NO NINJAING ITEMS. IF YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN THAT THAT PERSON IS ACTUALLY BEING HIT MULTIPLE TIMES AND HASN'T DIED, THEY'RE PROBABLY JUST KITING AWAY AND CIRCLING AROUND WHILE HITTING THE ZOMBIE, NOT ACTUALLY TANKING ALL OF THE IMPOSSIBLE DAMAGE.)
          -Assault rifles that are automatic and SMGs = MACHINEGUN PROFICIENCY
          -Semi auto rifles = RIFLE
          -Chainsaw = STRENGTH+MELEE, GOOD FOR FARMING BUT BAD FOR DPS, CAN CAUSE HIGH AGGRO WITH IT, UNLIMITED AMMO
          -NO SUCH THING AS JOIN A PARTY, HOWEVER THERE IS CLAN making? Which I haven't looked into because I've been rolling solo, and the solution to the party making is that you can press F2 to open up a "follow instance" person, to pretty much join the server that the person's name you've entered is in.
          -Gold Membership/Premium (sorry its only temporary, because how else would the person who made the game make money) is available, you do NOT have to pay to win, but some items in the premium shop are pretty nice, and their worth is proven to be well, just read the wiki about those equipment. Gold membership does double (or at least increase) the amount of money/xp given in a mission, give more XP per zombie kill/assist, have yourself get immediate help from an admin or something because you payed for the game (at least), or the one that no one ever knows about but for some reason it occurs randomly to some people, is ->"BETTER LOOT"<- (I get jealous of people getting better loot with the gold membership thing). PLEASE NOTE THAT LOOTING IS STILL RANDOM.
          -Marketplace woohoo selling stuff to other players, you can sell stuff to other players or cry because no one ever buys it and it forces you to sell it at a lower price but then they actually buy it and you get your own money from selling stuff that is ABOVE THE SCRAP VALUE (item scrapping meaning just quickly sell the item to the game to gain instant cash, it may be higher or lower than marketplace values)

The rest of the information you can read on the wiki.

Comment

I liked Urban Dead.
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

maplestory best zombie mmo 2003
              w-what is this autism aura??
              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
              X