X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Solus Project

There are so many games that we can play, and many take different genres, with one being heavily popular of resource survival mode, you get to keep an eye on what to pick since your inventory is limited, know that if you eat X thing, it will dehydratate you and know when to use your supplies while exploring the game

So this Saturday, I received The Solus Project as a gift, and I gave it a try to see how good it was.. And I completed it just some minutes ago.. Here is the thing that made me like this game, most of the populat survival games want you to either see how long you live or manage to survive X number of days until rescue comes, but here, you get to explore this planet and discover its secrets within the cave systems and survive, not monsters nor creautures, but nature itself.

And by nature, I mean weather constant change, from scorching 45*C+ days to freezing -20*C+ temperatures, winds that can form tornadoes, thunderstorms and even meteor showers.

You have to protect yourself with all of these while also checking your starvation, dehydratation and sleep levels, hunger hurts you, sleep deprivation affects your stamina, and you have also to keep an eye on your core temperature and levels of humidity, which can make the temperature hits stronger.

If you are one of those who would love to look at each corner, you won't be dissappointed, there are more than 100 secrets within the game, lore that explains more about the planet you get stranded on and mysteries that will keep you on constant alert.

The Solus Project is a game that I truly suggest to give it a try.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Reminds me of Fallout tbh, might buy it to try it out :^)
    Too bad there's no co-op.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Oh hey me and s1 were just looking at that game today.

Comment

The game has Fallout elements, and they are implemented pretty well, although having a torch that never goes out is odd

As for difficulty, it comes with easy, normal snd hardcore, self explanatory with resources being less effective and rarer the harder the difficulty and the last one disables markers and other helpful things

Twe things that I actually liked were these: the fact that there is no map nor minimap, this will force you to remember the places by using a pillar or a shiny rock as markers to know where you are, specially in the Underground. The second thing is that you can visit all the maps no matter how far into the story you go, to collect stuff you missed or explore even more.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
        X