Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC]Borderlands - Chronicles of Olympus

BORDERLANDS - CHRONICLES OF OLYMPUS

Backstory:

It has been almost 4 years since the Reawakening of the Warrior. Pandora was mostly at peace, with the ample amount of Eridium Hyperion has exploited from the land distributed out to the good-minded people of the planet. There were still bandits raiding smaller villages in search of their fair share of Eridium, but the remnants of the Crimson Raider kept most of the raids under control...

But the raids increased in quantity and in force as time went on and Eridium became more and more scarce. The severity of the situation grew to the point where cities rose up to fight one another in desperate hopes of controlling the Eridium supplies. Newly appointed leader of Crimson Raider, Lilith, decided that Pandora was a dead planet now that Eridium supply has dried up, and prepared a space shuttle to find a new planet and colonize on it... preferably one with a lot of fresh Eridium veins.

Nearly everyone of importance boarded the shuttle "Scarlet Moon". Lilith, Mordecai and Brick were the first to board the shuttle, then Moxxi, Marcus, Dr. Zed, Patricia Tannis, Scooter, Sir Hammerlock, and even Crazy Earl. The only thing that stayed on Pandora were a few citizens and Claptrap, who decided that he would rather prefer the large stacks of pizza boxes than to go on any more adventure. Those that were fed up with the peace hopped on board. Within a few days, the Scarlet Moon left Pandora.

The journey to find a new planet took many months. Every planet the Scarlet Moon visited either was too hostile for human habitation or had too little Eridium of interest. The crew began losing hope of being able to find a good enough planet to settle on until the ship's far-range Eridium sensor went malfunctioning in result of chart overlord. After moving further closer to the source of the Eridium reading, the crew came upon a planet that was sustaining local wildlife and was brimming with Eridium... or something that replaces Eridium in this planet. It was their new home, an uncharted land fit for their own civilization.

Apparently, they were wrong. This new planet was already colonized by humans, more particularly their old enemies. Long ago, Lilith, Mordecai, Brick, and the late Roland came into conflict with the Atlas corporation and their hired mercenary force, Crimson Lance. The Crimson Lance was defeated, and Atlas retreated from Pandora... to think that they would meet the Atlas here in this new planet, apparently named the Olympus. What's more, Atlas is looking for a Vault hidden in this planet as well. Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick did not want this new planet to fall into ruin like Pandora did, and immediately began looking for a new Vault Hunter to stop whatever Olympus plans on doing.

All about you:

You can be one of the two options:
    - A new Vault Hunter you can make of unique and different origins. You could be someone who followed Lilith's Crimson Raiders, someone from Olympus itself, or someone from different planets entirely.
    - An existing Vault Hunter from Borderlands 2.

There are exceptions.
    - Lilith, Mordecai, Brick, Moxxi, Marcus, Dr. Zed, Tannis, Scooter, and Crazy Earl are existing NPCs and are not available for pickup.
    - Neither is CL4P-TP, Handsome Jack, or Angel.

You have to create your own active skill and skill tree if you choose to create a new Vault Hunter class. If you're stuck and have no idea, ask Mima, myself, or Sustic on either the RPGD, on this thread, by PM, or on Mumble, and we'll happily assist you... or at least I will.

Character creation:

In your application, include the following:

- Name - Name of your character. Make sure it fits the style of Borderlands. That means no super-fancy fantasy Japanese names.

- Age - Age of your character.

- Gender - Tell me, are you a boy or a girl? - Professor Oak 1995

- Bio - What did your character do before coming to Olympus? Write them here.

- Appearance - A picture of your character with height, weight, and whatever physical marks your character may have (such as tattoos or scars). Also include your character's choice of attire if the clothes in the picture doesn't fit yours.

- Personality - Personality of your character.

- Abilities - This is where things get tricky.
    (If your character is already an existing Vault Hunter class, just say it, I'll understand it.)
    (If your character is a custom-made class, explain the active skills and the skill tree in this section. Add the class mods here if you want.)

- Others - Something else you want to add but don't know where to? Just put them here.
    [01/01/2015] - Via Sustic's idea, you can create your own ECHO recording to be transmitted during the IC.

Rules:

Okay so the rules are going to be slightly different from what you see in a normal PG13 RP because this isn't a PG13 RP. Considering the nature of Borderlands games, I hardly think keeping it PG13 is possible.

SO!

1) No metagaming - It wouldn't matter whether an RP is rated R or rated G, there still shouldn't be any type of metagaming in any way. This includes...
    - Characters apparently knowing what the others are thinking about, unless your character is explicitly stated as some sort of a mind reader.
    - Using external forces as a roleplayer to bring in some irrelevant concepts without going through the permission of a GM over in the OOC.
    - Using knowledge that are not known by the character to give themselves an advantage.
    - Controlling another character UNLESS the character's owner does not post within 5 days time, for the sake of progressing through the storyline faster.

2) Basic things that are prohibited:
    - Racism - The only exception to this would be, for example, a Pandorian colonist being racist towards the Olympian colonist.
    - Ad Hominem - Meaning "responding to another's argument by attacking a person's character". In this RP, that means using the characters to verbally abuse another RPer. You can attack the ideals of an RPer's character, not the RPer him/herself.
    - Sexual Content - This probably won't be too big of an issue (hopefully) since it's a freaking Borderlands RP, but to be safe than sorry, no explicit sexual contents. If you don't know what that means, you're probably too young for this RP.
    - Godmode - Everyone starts at level 1. (figuratively speaking) To know whether you're in godmode or not, just imagine what would happen if you did your action in a real Borderlands game.

3) Basic things that should be followed:
    - Courtesy - Be nice to the RPers, old or new. Give them the respect that they need.
    - Grammar - I know we all make mistakes, but if I see too many, I will have to ask you to fix some mistakes. Don't give me none of that "English is my second/third language" excuse to get by: English is my second language as well.
    - Reasonable Post Length - I would say around good 3 sentences in average, more if you can. If I see you post like 10 words, I'll have to ask you to expand it.
    - Character Limit - Considering that Vault Hunters are sort of heroes of the region, I have to make them scarce. Therefore, only one character per RPer is allowed.

Link to the IC:

Ayy lmao
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-15-2015, 12:36 AM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Basic character inventory:

Everyone starts with two slots for weapons and basic grenade mod. You will get shields early in the RP, and class mods will be available relatively early as well. Third and ultimately fourth slot will be available in mid RP.

Gun types:

Spoiler: Pistols

Spoiler:

A family of small one-handed guns, pistols are in average fairly accurate, fast, and deal moderate damage.

Different types of pistols include
    - Repeater Pistols (Decent fire rate, power, and accuracy)
    - Machine Pistols (Faster fire rate and reload speed, but less power and accuracy)
    - Dart Guns (Fires a dart that latches itself onto the target and explodes afterwards. High power and accuracy, but slower fire rate and smaller magazine size.

Spoiler: Submachine Guns

Spoiler:

Sporting large magazine size, low recoil, and very fast fire rate to counteract mediocre damage per shot, SMGs are probably the best weapon for applying elemental effects.

Spoiler: Assault Rifle

Spoiler:

Great for medium-to-long range combat, Assault Rifles fire slower than the SMGs, but compensate for that by having more powerful shot and even larger magazine size.

Spoiler: Shotgun

Spoiler:

A classic close-range firearm, shotguns deliver hurt to whatever's in front of you with projectiles that spread out widely. The number of barrels control the number of bullets used per shot. Shotguns generally have smaller clip and magazine size, but nothing can compare to the DPS it brings up close and personal.

Spoiler: Rocket Launcher

Spoiler:

A heavy firearm that fires self-propelling rockets or other projectiles, rocket launchers are an effective area-of-effect weapons that can deliver the hurt, elemental or not. These guns have very small clip and magazine size, the ammo for these guns are expensive, and they cannot hit critically, but the sheer power makes up for it.

Different types of Rocket Launcher includes:
    - Grenade Launcher - A subtype of Rocket Launcher that can fire in an arc instead, Grenade Launchers are a great choice if there are enemies taking cover behind a thick, reinforced wall, although it deals less damage than the more conventional rockets.
    - Artillery - An immobile firearm that requires setup, Artillery is an extremely deadly siege/anti-siege weapon, provided that you have cover and vision of where you want to strike.

Spoiler: Sniper Rifle

Spoiler:

http://nazr.in/PDW

Very accurate, very powerful, and dealing even more damage than usual when striking a weak point, sniper rifle is the premier long-range weapon that gain increased zoom.

Spoiler: Eridian Weapon

Spoiler:

Weapons used by the Eridian civilization, they have a curved, organic design and use their own type of ammo. Each weapon comes with its unique energy ammunition that depletes as you fire. The ammunition recharges when the user is not shooting it for some time.

Spoiler: Laser Weapon

Spoiler:

Weapons that fire beams of light particles, Laser firearms are always imbued with some sort of elemental minus explosive. Their magazine size is comparable to the SMGs, while their clip size, reload speed, and fire rate differ from company to company.

Spoiler: Bows

Spoiler:

Relic of the past, bows are an ancient hunting ranged weapon that are still effective in dispatching a target swiftly and sneakily. While bows may have the smallest magazine size and the slowest reloading speed, it makes up for it in its power and its silence. Studies have proven that using a bow is at least 60% less noisy than using a sniper rifle.

There are two kinds of bows:
    - Longbows - Less power, but faster firing speed, longbows are light enough to be carried around easily, and delivers quite the deadly punch on multiple enemies. Their critical hit damage increase is same as the sniper rifle.
    - Crossbows - Heavier, slower, but packing more punch, you might be a fan of crossbows if you like focusing on one target at a time.

Firearm manufacturers:

There are multiple manufacturers that produce guns of different types, with each their own characteristics.

*Straight from the WIKIIIIIII-*

- Atlas - Above-average balanced attributes.
    - Bandit - Highest magazine-capacity; below-average balanced attributes.
    - Dahl - Highest accuracy and recoil reduction, burst-fire when aiming.
    - Eridians - Energy-based alien weapons -- with no reload -- only a recharge time (giving them infinite ammo).
    - Hyperion - Highest accuracy, damage and recoil reduction, above-average balanced attributes; high tech, expensive.
    - Jakobs - Highest damage and accuracy, hidden critical-hit bonus, lever-action/semi-automatic weapons-only; heavy recoil, no automatic or elemental weapons, expensive.0
    - Maliwan - Highest elemental effect-chance, elemental weapons-only; high tech, expensive.
    - S&S Munitions - Highest magazine capacity; high tech, expensive.
    - Tediore - Fastest reload speed, cheapest price-tags; below-average balanced attributes (when reloading, gun is thrown like a grenade).
    - Torgue - Highest damage, explosive ammunition; decreased accuracy and heavy recoil.
    - Vladof - Highest rate of fire and recoil reduction, automatic weapons-only (as the trigger is held, rate of fire and recoil reduction increases); no semi-automatic weapons.

Element types:

There are total of 6 element types for firearms, grenade mods, and (in some cases) shields.

- Incendiary - Effective against non-shielded flesh, incendiary weapons set targets on fire and have a chance to burn them, dealing damage over time. Burnt targets have a chance to spread the fire to other targets as well.
    - Cryo - Cryo weapons have a chance to freeze their targets solid, keeping them immobilized and unable to attack for a short time. Bosses are most likely either immune or very resistant to this type of element.
    - Shock - Effective against shields, but less effective against flesh and chitinous plating, shock weapons also have a chance to stun the target.
    - Explosive - Explosive weapons have a chance to emit a small AoE around the target, dealing more damage per bullet. If the target is killed by a critical explosive bullet, it leaves an incredibly large mess behind.
    - Corrosive - Effective against armor, corrosive weapons deal damage over time as well as increasing damage taken by the target. The damage over time is weaker than the incendiary element's, and the increase in damage taken is less than that of the next element.
    - Slag - A target that has been "slagged" take extra damage from all damage sources. This effect is longer and more intense than that of the corrosive.
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Locations:

Spoiler: Scarlet Moon

The ship that the people of Sanctuary used to come to Olympian, this vessel will be the central HQ and a centerpiece of a city that will surround it. Until the city begins to take shape, all the notable NPCs will be in this ship. After that, the ship will serve as the sort of "Crimson Raider building".

MORE WILL COME AS THE STORY GOES ON
      Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-01-2015, 04:55 AM.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Accepted Characters

Accepted characters are ordered by the character's name, alphabetically

Andrew (Sustic)
        Diane "Dane" (Kristia)
        Weiss (Mima)
        Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-01-2015, 06:17 PM.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm...... A Hyperion Slag Longbow sounds like a great support type weapon. Since there are no real close range melee weapons, I might go for a bow. Never used one in BL2 but I'll give it a try.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

They don't exist in BL2 or 1. It's a custom made thing. Fits, though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I didn't know. Thought it might of been a "you get this later in game" weapon.

Sent by Tapatalk
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

- Name - Diana "Dane"

- Age - 27

- Gender - female

- Bio - As one of the many mercenaries in Pandora, Dane lived for the joy of it´s crazy antics, Hyperion engineers blasting against psychos, the local fauna feasting on the poor guys who got into the wrong cave and the occasional peace in Sanctuary.. that soon lost its mood because of a certain Claptrap..

Diana knew about the whole war between the Crimson guys and Handsome Jack, but since he focused on the so called Vault Hunters, she decided to go to another front, that being the Hyperion different Holds, the Vault Hunters needed all the help possible, so the blonde went on creating all the havoc possible, and boy it was a blast. Some would think she was crazy, wandering alone against hordes of Hyperion robots, soldiers, turrets, you name it, but that is where she gets in her best form, going full frontal.

True to her word, the place was wrecked and she was covered in different fluids making her look like one of those artists splashing paint on a wall and say it was art, but her job was done as she felt the tremor The Warrior being defeated. So she went back to Sanctuary and there they were, the six Vault Hunters in the middle of the city square cheering at the victory against Jack. Meanwhile Dane went to her home.

The next weeks, everything went again pretty normal, the mercenary kept taking jobs and putting her Ax on the one who attacked her, but she also noticed that the business with Eridium was getting more and more dangerous, the resources were getting lower and the prices were skyrocketing, the blonde was ok with her money and kept going on her life until things again went sour.

Life on Pandora was getting, in her opinion, hollow, both in metaphorical and literal way since the planet was being mined nonstop, and when she heard that some would go to colonize another planet, Diana didn´t hesitate on taking the ticket out of the planet. She should have known that wherever the Vault Hunters went, something odder than finding psycho reading a book would appear.

Atlas Corporation.

- Appearance - Diana is taller than most people and has an athletic body to survive on her job, she has washed blonde hair with a braid on the side, her skin color is rather pale and has sky blue eyes. She has a noticeable scar going from cheek to check over her nose and yellowish paint lines on her arms going to her chest. Her usual attire is made for being both an armor and comfortable clothing, it lets her move with ease while also protecting her body.
                Spoiler:
                http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/238/e/f/nordic_warrior_sketch_by_adrian_w-d6js4lt.jpg

- Personality - Dane is a person who you can enjoy having good company, be it enjoying beers, target practicing, or just talking with, she is a person of good heart, but something you will notice when she fights is that there is a passion on her eyes each time she faces her enemies. But don´t get on her bad mood because she will be stone cold and treat you with what you deserve.

- Abilities - Diana´s abilities have three focuses: Strength, Weapon mastery and Spirit

Starting with Strength, the blonde´s focus is on her physical abilities to be more precise, being stronger, faster, better reaction thinking, everything that the human can do with his or her body.

Weapon mastery will train Diana on both the normal weapons (pistols, shotguns, etcetera) and her special one being her Ax, with this training, she can have better chances of causing elemental effects, more damage on the weapons themselves, making her ax better to the point of having different elements depending on the situation.

Spirit: Here is where our girl has her primary focus, it isn´t unheard of the sirens, those who can have incredible powers, but there are may others that possibly aren´t known about or are overlooked. Dane´s Spirit skill tree focuses on calling the spirits of different animals to aid her with their abilities for example the the range of the eyes of an eagle, the sensory skills of a wolf, the fluidity in the movement of a fox and so on.

Diana´s special ability is the use of her ax and fight with the lust for the battle, each time she kills and enemy, her passion grows and keeps going until the adrenaline finally goes down and she gets back to normal

The class mod for the viking is a belt bag that goes on her waist.
                Spoiler:
                http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/219/d/9/viking_inspired_owl_belt_bag_by_noir_azur-d7u617k.jpg
                Last edited by Kristia; 12-10-2014, 04:57 AM.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Here it comes, the app I spent three days working on, and to be honest, might still work on and refine. Even drew the appearance when I didn't exactly like the design I found.

Spoiler:

Name - Weiss

- Age - Unknown, estimated around 34

- Gender - Male

- Bio - Weiss came from a planet near the edge of a solar system, meaning ice, and lots of it. His parents were mercs, and deadly ones at that. They were the best at what they did, and what they did ranged from hacking, to blackmail, to the simple act of murder. They were a team, and a damn good one at that, being hired by big name companies such as Jakobs, and Dahl. But, of course, all that leads to some people who jut what to kill you, so, they had a home base hidden on a very harsh ice planet, where Weiss was born and raised.

They did love their little boy, and taught him everything they knew, and he soaked it up like a sponge in an ocean. When he was old enough, his parents left him, to allow him to learn and thrive on his own. They were to come back, but, alas, they never did. Weiss presumed this after the third year of isolation, and started working on things himself.

He used the skills he had learned and put it all into his armor. Light, flexible, tough, and able to drain the life out of others. Perfect for assasination and rehabilitation, if necessary. So, around age 25, he set out, and a few years later, he had made a name for himself as one of the foremost mercs in the galaxy, killing and talking his way through his jobs like many wouldn't.

That is, until news spread of the unnumerable vaults spread thrughout the galaxy, catching his attention. If he could access one of those vaults and their tech, who knows what he could do? So he set out for one of the closest one, located on Olympus.

- Appearance -

- Personality - Weiss is calm, calcuating, and when necessary, cold. Always evaluating a situation before striking out, whether it be with words, or weaponry. Rather than some mercs, Weiss is perfectly open to a more verbal route than a pure fighting one. His temper is near non-existent, and his patience is the opposite.

- Abilities - Weiss's armor has many tricks up it's sleeve, and can leave his enemies reeling, and his allies at tip-top shape.
                  Action Skills (Yes, as in multiple.)
                  Spoiler:

Siphon: Weiss teleports to an enemy, draining their life and leaving them temporarily incapacitated if not killed.

Blood Field: Sanguis generates a large red mist around him, sapping life and slowing down any enemies who enter.

Bloodbat: A higher skill down the line is that Weiss can summon a large, bat-like creature, which can fly around and attack, and swoop down to enemies and lift them up, allowing you to shoot more easily, along with draining the victim’s life.

Bloodlust(psuedo ability): Melee inflicts small lifesteal, triggers effect called “Bloodlust”, can stack up to 150 times.

Each stack of Bloodlust increases melee attack speed and life drain. Upon reaching 10 or more stacks, Weiss pulls out his sword, and starts gaining additional damage as well.

Skill Tree
                  Spoiler:

Blood Knight (Focused on close range)

Tier 1: Bloodlust, Purebred, Vampiric Armor
                  Bloodlust (read above), Purebred (raises maximum health), Vampiric Armor (Siphon gives temp. damage resist.)

Tier 2: Heavy Handed, Underkill
                  HH (increased melee and sword damage), Underkill ( If a shot from a shotgun hits, but doesn’t kill the enemy, the next shot increases in damage until the enemy is killed)

Tier 3: Crimson Blur, Disciplined, Wrathful Storm
                  CB(Bloodlust increases speed temp.), Disciplined (The longer a shot is from another, the more critical damage the next shot fired does, goes up to five seconds and up to 50%.), WS( Blood Field has a chance to cause random elemental procs to enemies entering)

Tier 4: Powerful Miasma, Mass Feeding,
                  PM (Blood Field increases damage for all allies inside), MF( Siphon is able to effect a small area now.)

Tier 5: Buffet
                  Buffet: (All lifesteal is also given to allies.)

Tier 6: Temper
                  (Puts a Taunt on Weiss when Blood Field is active)

Side Skill trees (Smaller, focused in different fields)
                  Spoiler:

Blood Gorger(Crowd Control/ Tank)

Tier 1: Gorge, Transfusion, Potent
                  Gorge (If at full health, and lifesteal is used from your abilities, you gain a stack of “Gorge”, Increasing your damage resistance at a cost of movement speed, stacks up to five times, with a five percent increase and penalty each stack), Transfusion: Increased Siphon life drain), Potent (Increased blood field slow and life drain)

Tier 2: Ignorance is Bliss, Bypass
                  IIS( While being damaged, if no shots are fired, you gain a passive 10% damage resistance), Bypass (Blood Field ignores shields)

Tier 3: Direct Control
                  (Siphon victim is possessed for a time after being siphoned, attacking enemies and having a natural taunt.)

Spoiler:

Blood Master: (Focused around the “Bloodbat”)

Tier 1: Bloodbat, Loyal, Rabid
                  Bloodbat (See above), Loyal (decreased cooldown and increased health), Rabid (Any victim lifted by the Bloodbat has a constant poison proc until released)

Tier 2: Pickpocket, Alteration, Out With a Bang
                  PP (The Bloodbat can disarm lifted victims, even after dropped, giving your team more ammo.), Alteration (Bloodbat gains a shield equal to 50% of your own, copies shield effects as well), OWAB(When the Bloodbat’s timer runs out, it does a divebomb into the nearest enemy or group of enemies, causing a small explosion along with a miniature Blood Field (does gain buffs from other blood field boosts), disappears afterward)

Tier 3: Regurgitate
                  (Bloodbat occasionally fires out elemental spit, leaving puddles of various elements on the floor, triggering their effects if stepped on.)

Last edited by Koishi; 12-11-2014, 04:59 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Okay I am ditching my original character idea for this new one.

Spoiler:

Name: Andrew

Bio:

Spoiler:
                    Grown up living off Pandora until he was around the age of 16, Andrew was a rather... isolated fellow. He has always been the kind of guy who would hang out in the back of a crowd during the most exciting of events. This was because he just never wanted to make any friends or even talk to much other people. He'd rather stay at home, listen to a radio, and do whatever made him feel comfortable... Which was usually going out into the backyard to fire the old rifle that belonged to his family. Despite his rather... isolated lifestyle when he was younger, he did eventually meet someone though. A young, beautiful, and rather... interesting young woman named Serene. Serene was only a year older than him at the time, and yet she was a still like him in more ways than one. She did not like making friends all too much either. However Andrew and this woman didn't immediately start "dating", but long story short they eventually did get together and they were both rather... happy.

For the next four years they were both happier than they were when they were alone, and eventually their interests sort of crossed paths. You see Andrew's "hobby" when he was younger was hunting out in the woods behind his house with his family''s rifle, and she was a bit of an engineer herself. Even though Andrew's hobby was hunting, he wasn't very good at it for he had inherited his father's 'bad aim', of which really irritated Andrew. He wanted to actually become a professional hunter, and due to this he did try to become a better sniper. Unfortunately even though he practiced day and night he didn't see much improvement in his aim... The main problem he had was he couldn't really figure out where exactly to shoot for a sure-fire kill.

Serene saw this and decided that she would do whatever it took to help him. As such over the course of the next month she worked non-stop on a special something that could potentially help him. In the end what she came up with was a special drone that when deployed, would fly around the area scanning all targets for weak spots and would even project a red marker on the target's weak spots. Andrew was a bit hesitant with this invention Serene had came up with, but because it was made by his beloved, he had no choice but to try it out.

At first Andrew did not like the drone, as it did not seem to improve his sniping, but over time... he began to see some improvements. He was bagging in more prey with each use of the drone, and eventually he was getting better at aiming even without the drone. News about Andrew's aim spread throughout his family, and eventually the whole town. When asked about he had become such a good sniper over the time of a mere year, Andrew simply told them "My Girlfriend's Drone." This news actually quickly spread off planet to Hyperion of whom decided to see into this drone, and what they saw was rather... impressive... or at least useful. As such Hyperion men had came to Serene's home one day and made her an offer.

Join them, and help mass produce the drones with a patent under her name. In turn fame and possibly even fortune would begin coming her way.

Tempted, and even flat out interested in the offer she took the job. The next day she was moved off planet and onto Pandora of which she would begin working... When Andrew found out about this he was rather depressed... happy for her, but still quite depressed... He felt somewhat betrayed by her. For crying out loud she took up a job offer with Hyperion without even informing him... all after he was about to propose to her... Eventually he did get over it as he did get some ECHO recording's from her with them saying about how happy and excited she is to be working for Hyperion, and that she was sorry for leaving without telling Andrew. This... did make Andrew feel better, and quickly he was already back to his old... not depressed self. Although this all started to go even further downhill when the ECHO Recordings stopped coming in.

Weeks, months, and even a whole year passed without any word about Serene having come in. It got to the point that Andrew got rather worried about her... scared even. Twas only a matter of time before he saved up enough money to hitch a ride to Pandora to look for her, and after a long, grueling ride he finally arrived on Pandora... Of which he was almost immediately disgusted by it. The place was a freaking wasteland. Skags and Bandits everywhere, and people dying left and right. All that made Andrew rather grossed out, and it wasn't even long until he got caught up in his first firefight with a group of Bandits. Of which he was one of the few survivors thanks to his trusty rifle, and his drone. His first encounter with the bandits though wouldn't be his last, as he spent several weeks traveling across Pandora looking for the safe-haven known as Sanctuary. Thankfully though after almost an entire two months, Andrew finally found the town of Sanctuary... he could finally take a good breath and relax...

Ever since he was a rather proud, yet ungrateful member of Sanctuary... though he still didn't forget his intended goal... Find Serene... something he... found hard to do with how Hyperion and Sanctuary were essentially at war with each other, and because of that he eventually gave up on it. All the chaos of living on Pandora, and dealing with the constant attacks by Bandits and Hyperion made him sort of numb inside. Andrew started to become numb, he just started to stop caring about others aside from himself. Even in Sanctuary he started to isolate himself, and even started to stop doing his job.

This all became worse when Handsome Jack was killed by the Vault Hunters as Hyperion was doomed to essentially collapse. If Serene was still alive, she probably stopped caring about him as well...

When the word about thousands, if not millions of other Vaults existed spread around the galaxy. Andrew was... sort of neutral about it. When the people of Sanctuary was preparing to leave for a planet known as Olympus for one of the Vaults, Andrew volunteered because well... he had nothing better to do. As such Andrew is now on the Sanctuary ship to Olympus, oblivious to what he might encounter on this new, foreign planet.

Appearance:

Spoiler:
                    Andrew stands at approximately 6ft 2, and has a weight of 194 lbs. Underneath his mask and hood he has short black hair that he always has combed back and reaches down to his shoulders. He also has dark green eyes.

His drone: When not in use it folds up into a box like shape that he wears like a backpack.
                    Spoiler:

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...34-d5f7yek.jpg

Personality:

Andrew is can come off as cold, and even downright rude at times. Despite this he is actually quite nice to those he has actually managed to befriend (which is too few and far between.) Andrew prefers to stay out of people's business as he claims... "people are responsible for their own damn actions." This does not mean he won't help people though. If someone is truly in danger he will try his hardest to help them. Even then he will only help someone if there is no one else to handle the situation or if it really comes down to it.
                    Andrew also won't really care about anything unless it is directly pertaining to him, or if he has nothing better to do.

Also due to the events that happened with Serene he has become a bit more isolated personally. As he does not let anyone get close to him on a 'friendly' level. Which means he rather would not make friends, and would rather keep to himself. It isn't uncommon for him to actually call out someone for trying to just get on his good side. He also tends to hide his feelings, and his past from others.

Abilities:

Hunting Drone: A drone that Serene had made for him when they were still together. When activated it unfolds from it's box-shaped storage form, and into Drone form. Of which it will begin flying around the area, scanning for any targets in the area. Anything with a bio-signature counts as a target. When it detects its target(s) it will start projecting a red holographic marker on the targets weak points which can be seen by anyone to assist himself and his team with aiming. Andrew had it programmed to treat anyone in Sanctuary as an ally, instead of a target. That way it won't accidentally place markers on his 'allies'. The radius of it's holographic field is about 8 meters (26 ft.)

Skill Trees:

Flying Assassin:
                    Spoiler:

A skill tree path that modifies, and improves the usefulness of the Drone by increasing the radius of the holographic field it deploys, increase it's lifespan (duration), and can even modify it with a miniature rifle of it's own so that whenever the drone is active, the drone will aid by providing minor support fire. Other upgrades also increase the fire-rate, damage, and accuracy of the drone's weapon (only applies if Andrew has added the weapon to the drone.)

Dead Eye:
                    Spoiler:

A skill tree path that enhances Andrew's accuracy, damage, fire rate, reload speed, and critical hit ratio/critical hit damage with Sniper Rifles and other weapons. Quite simple really. This Skill Tree Path also has skills that make the sound of his firing his sniper rifles far softer (quieter), which makes enemies less likely to detect him when he fires his Sniper Rifle (only when zoomed though.) For example without this skill he can fire at a group of enemies, and get a headshot (thus taking one of them out.) However the sound from his Sniper Rifle will alert the rest of the enemies in the area. The "Silent but Deadly" skill decreases the sound his sniper rifle make, thus other enemies in the area will have a higher chance not to be alerted when he begins sniping.

Drone Play:
                    Spoiler:

This is his final path, and helps improve his Drone to grant it the ability to replenish the ammo of allies (as long as they are within its radius), increases allies shield and grants slow health regen, and increases the amount of HP and shields the Drone itself has.
                    Also increases Andrew's shield capacity, max health, and resistances to certain damage types and elemental types. Also has passives that increase the range of his melee attacks (though slightly.) Also has a skill that whenever he takes damage to his shields, the cooldown for his Drone increases (making it able to be used more often.)

Others:

Andrew's weapon of choice is well... Sniper Rifles. Also his melee weapon is a steel machete.

Last edited by SUSTIC; 01-17-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

IC has been posted and all characters have been approved.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Kristia we might need to actually delete our posts in the IC because I was informed by Wriggle of:

1: The group have not actually made it off the ship yet. It's presumably still in orbit.

2: The people on-board the ship (including our characters) do not yet know that Atlas is on the planet of Olympus yet.

I was not aware of this myself, and this is kinda why I should've waited until Wriggle was done with his Character App...

Comment

well then.. fine
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sorry though Kristia. I wasn't even fully aware myself. I only found that out recently (after asking Wriggle that is...) But sorry Kristia.

Comment

it is done

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X