Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC] Eternal Galaxy: Shards of Starlight - GAIA Revision

Eternal Galaxy
    Shards of Starlight

WIP - Timeline, Maps, Races, Factions, Groups, Technology, and Encyclopedia need to be completed.
    ETA: Months maybe

Ok time to get this started.

The EG: SoS Revision is going to be very different from what the previous version was since now I have the lore that builds up to it complete and I have a better situation to start it off with.

To start things off we are going to start this with everyone on Duon just before the Battle for Duon. Characters will be aware of rumors of what is happening throughout the galaxy. There is a few important things that characters should be aware of so that they are better integrated into the story. It will be a case where their views on certain events will decide how they go about things.

I currently have a really rough summary of the summary-er- timeline that relates to everything immediately prior to what is about to happen in Shards of Starlight.

To show why I say its really rough, here it is:

Spoiler:

Timeline Summary

Many years ago the Republic formed after the fall of the Papillian Emperor Xystus died and his heir, Lady Avonna, was deemed unable to rule in his place. This would mark the dawn of a new era for the Venturian Galaxy; a continuation of the Era of the Rift. The Republic had risen at the end of the Great Blank, which also bore witness to the destruction caused by the Nihiliods, parasitic creatures whose sole existence is to do nothing but kill all life. The new council devised a means to exterminate these pests by bringing all who were infected to a planet in the Egale System…

And then destroy it with the might of the Daedalus Project.

The use of the great battle station tore a rift in the political parties of the time which would congeal into the Commonwealth and Federation.

Both of these new factions waited eagerly for the fall of the Republic, expecting it to collapse in of itself. When it did not, the Commonwealth lashed out and sought to tear it down with force. Thus the War of Eternity begins. The Federation was to support the Commonwealth but when a rebel force known as the United Free Syndicate of Egale (USFE) rose to overthrow the Federation, under the belief that it sought to use the Nihiliods as weapons, would side with the Republic after its leaders are killed during the suppression of the rebellion and out of fear of the Daedalus Project.
    The Commonwealth begins creation of a massive armada whose sole purpose was to challenge the strength of the Daedalus Project. The Republic, however, notices this and answers with the creation of their own. The Raids against the Daedalus Project would result in the two factions coming to a stalemate. A treaty was signed and the war seemed to be over.

Then power was seized by the Cult of the Twin Sisters, a group with advanced technology that believes these two sisters, Hedone and Peitho, hold a book of prophecy known as the Blood Tome that also contains secrets of great power. The cult subdued all who opposed them and established a new empire. The Twin Empire would bring about a new era of technology.

The Federation joined forces with the Commonwealth to defeat the Twin Empire. The continuation of the War of Eternity would see numerous Empire victories. In a last ditch effort, the two opposing factions attacked the Daedalus Project in what would be known as the Daedalus Raid. Despite their combined forces, the Commonwealth and Federation would yet again lose to the might of the Daedalus Project. The war came to a halt and the Twin Empire would rule over the entirety of the Inner Rim of the Galaxy.

The Commonwealth was disbanded and the Federation was replaced with the USFE. Peace held until the Nihiliods returned and infested the capital planet Senarius of Egale. The ensuing Senari Crisis would have the USFE seeking extreme measures to protect itself. They would resort to exterminating all inhabitants on the planet. However, a group of resistance fighters rise up and attempt to destroy the USFE and reestablish the Federation.

The Senari Crisis would spark fears in other former Federation territories such as the Celestora system. Taking matters into their own hands, the Arcains of Alcyon would seek out solutions to prevent any outbreak from occurring on their home by utilizing two towers Lucida and Ater. An alchemist known as Achlys unleashes a consciousness of the Corlaviri Crystals known as the Ethereal Darkness. Her hope was that it would help destroy the Nihiliods. Instead, it nearly destroyed them and would have had a brave Nymph and Dark Mage not seal it away.

The end of the Senari crisis would also spell the end of the Twin Empire. An underground group rallying under the name of the Republic overtook Hedone and Peitho in what would be known as the Twin Rebellion. Their leader, Orion, however sought to put the former emperor’s daughter, Lady Avonna, on the throne to restablish a new Papillian Empire. The rebels turned on him once he announced his plans and brought about the New Republic.
    12 years pass…

Peaceful life starts for most of the Venturian Galaxy. Bandits, Pirates, and secretive groups flee to the Outer Rim and seldom dare to attack the Inner Rim under the protection of the New Republic and a revised Daedalus Project. Old technology is scrapped for new designs. All traces of previous conflict were erased.

Or so the Republic thought.

Rumors spread throughout the galaxy that a revived Commonwealth is gaining strength and that they have a new commander. The tales also say that this commander has a ruthless right-hand man whose reputation overshadows him.
    Whispers of the continuation of the War of Eternity spread like wildfire.
    Peace may not last much longer.

From this point, the story would begin and the characters we create would live it.

- Timeline / Lore -

See the OP of the Eternal Galaxy Project thread for the link to the current timeline

- Locations -

Galaxy Overview

Inner Rim Solar Systems

Helios
    Spoiler:

Stellar naming convention
    [System Type*]-[Star Class] - [XYZ (normally first 2-3 significant digits)]

- Races -

Arcain

Spoiler: Subraces

Luminarc

Noxarc

Demonarc

Vatian

Papillian

Irian
    Spoiler: Subraces

Irian is the "melting pot" of races that have compatible genetics. While there can be "purebreds," more often than not the gene pool is so diluted that no one knows how much of what type of race they are, therefore submitting to being classified as Irian.

A few races that would fall into this category include:
    Human
    Nymph

Misc.
    Spoiler:

Bioroids

Androids

- Factions -

Venturian Republic
    - The current central power of the Galaxy. They control a large majority of systems within the Inner Rim, although only two of the seven major habitable systems are under their influence. The Senate took power out of the Papillian dynasty.

Spoiler: Major Systems of Influence

Outer Rim
    - N/A

Inner Rim
    - Helios
    - Nexion

Commonwealth of Venturia

Outer Rim
    - Taurus
    - Aries
    - Pisces

Inner Rim
    - Sol Incineron

Senari Federation

Outer Rim
    - N/A

Inner Rim
    - Celestora
    - Egale

- Groups -

Hunters' Guild

Republic Vatian R&D

Dark Mages of Alcyon

Light Mages of Alcyon

Renegades of Inopia

- Technology -

[Place holder until I add it]

- Encyclopedia and Dictionary -

[Place holder until I make it]

- Application Template -

Name:

Race/Subrace/Misc:

Appearance:

Inventory: (Specific carried items or things they often use)

Affiliation: (Faction/Groups/ etc. Include possible changes you might want to happen)

Professions/Talents:

[Rift Abilities:] (If any. See below for details)

Personality:

Bio/History:

Notes:

Rift Abilities

Fissures of Time, aka Rifts, have a certain affect on organic matter as well as technological systems. They have a certain "radiation" which can cause very slight mutations/alterations. Affects include but are not limited to:

Aging/anti-aging

Instinct timing/ "being in the right place at the right time"

Insanity

Fissure Sight

Corlaviri Sickness

Gaia / Aura Affinity

Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM.

I take it all of the groups are solely NPC groups? Because I would gladly open up a rebuilt GaHDD to public application.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Ok crazy idea time. To everyone that might be joining/rejoining: make a barebones character. They can be as generic or specific as you want. All i need is their existence. What I'm doing is going to be playing with "Group 0" in the RP bar for a bit of helping myself understand my own characters and figuring out what is needed to explain everything for this to work out better. It's an experiment and i need help to test it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Barebones? You mean if we will be joining the redone SoS?
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@s1
          yes for this revision of SoS. What I intend is using the RP bar to actually practice using my own characters and help others come up with ideas for their own. So the characters used by others should have alot of blanks/unknowns/uncertainties in their profile so that when this happens those things can be filled in. Because the Original Six of Group 0 are all knowing. I'll add in a few others as needed for certain things.

Comment

Working...
          X