Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] Exceed the Dawn

Post Format: (Example)
    [Territory/Area] Lian Territory, Gandivan Territory, Imperial Territory, Open Sea
    [Specifically] : North of Bobstown
    (If on a Ship) [On ship:Name] : Onboard : The Megaclucker

This is to make it easier to see where people are. Mostly just the territory coloring and such is important so we can easily spot who is where in their posts.

================================================== ================================================== ===========================

Lian Territory
    Introduction of Liasia

The sky seems to always be full of gentle, wispy clouds in Liasia. The green below, choked out by the fluffy white above and the impending threat of rain causes many to dress heavily. There is a select few, however, who wear less, and they are those lucky enough to be blessed with a flying ship. Above the clouds and the musky humidity one finds adventurers, large birds and dragons. It is similar in nature to the ocean, upturned to reflect a different ecosystem. The farther up one goes, the larger and more dense the population of sky creatures becomes. Some creatures must "surface" to the forest floor to spend their daily lives, while others come down for brief periods or only during mating. Finally, there are some beings that live only in the sky, sailing along on the currents. It is hard to believe so much life is concentrated above our heads, so far from what we consider to be home. We would feel the same sense of awe if we were to dive deep into the sea and encounter its inhabitants.

Liasia's major export of late has been Airogems, the heart of sky-borne jellyfish. They cluster together, and are seemingly born out of thin air with several accounts of Sky Jellies, being born in the hulls of ships, causing damage and problems. Ships have been sent crashing to the ground due to these invasive puffballs, causing parts of the forest from a bird's eye view to look as if a circle of cover has been replaced with a ashy black carpet. The humidity and constant rainfall prevent the forest from taking too much damage, but just enough is done to paint a bulls-eye for would-be scavengers to aim for. The untouched land of Liasia also provides many mining opportunities for precious metals, so long one doesn't wander into a dragon's den.

Liasia's full expanse is unknown. Entire Lian cities can be found that have simply never made contact with the unified nations of Liasia. Most of these cities are dangerous, husks filled with monsters and some Tyrants, following the great cataclysm of the Tyrant's arrival in Liasia. The territory's centerpiece if Starlight Vale, a city built into a waterfall-covered mountain range and its valley, where the World Heart resides. The World Heart is the religious overbody that commands the military of Liasia, and seeks to further expand and unify the continent of Verdis. Their representatives, the Heartstrings, maintain constant communication to the World Heart council through the Leyline network that connects and runs through all cities. The entire country could be mobilized to the World Heart's whims in minutes. Despite this communication, Liasia's military is comprised entirely of private armies and adventuring companies.

A Flying City-State rests in the current middle of Lian territory, kept afloat by the magic of Dragons. It has become an aventuring hot spot, cause what Gandivan or Imperial doesn't want to see a mother f***ing dragon!? Lian are less impressed by the beasts, and as such, the Flying City is mostly a tourist attraction and gathering point for well-known adventuring companies. It one of two cities not built upon intersecting Leylines in Liasia. The other is the Open Port of Refflesia, built as a trade point between the "nearby" Imperial lands and Liasia. Many adventurers in Liasia start their careers here, and many Adventurers from around the world end them here. Rafflesia is where the worst of Lian culture congregate, taking advantage of the gullible tourists and would-be captains who don't know the land and need a "trustworthy" guide.
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

(Oh gooody i get to be the first one to use the location tags. HOPE I DON'T FUCK UP

Lian Territory | Wilderness | The Sanctum Avenger

High in the sky of Lian, a brave and hardy crew were soaring just above the clouds. They were high enough to avoid getting wet but tried to stay low to avoid running into any annoying sky jellies. Karliah was keeping watch while the rest of the crew kept the ship afloat. The boys were sleeping, except for poor Xander who was flying the ship. She wasn't sure what Lia and Cecilia were doing, but they were quickly approaching their destination. They had been flying for a little longer than a day, but they were finally here. Karliah looked back towards the rest of the ship....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTy9v9a7Tmo
    "BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! LISTEN UP YE SEA DOGS AND CATS CAUSE I'M ONLY GONNA SAY THIS ONCE!" Once the captain was sure she had gotten everyone's attention she took her trusty spear in hand and slammed the less lethal end on the ground. She looked out towards the faces that were now looking back at her and smiled with an eager, slightly crazy grin. "Below our feet is the place that stranger told us about. ORE FOR DAYS! So long as you don't mind a few kritters. you know, the big ones with sharp teeth and claws. May or may not breath fire. BUT WE'RE NOT GONNA LET THAT STOP US ARE WE! WAHAHAHAHA! THIS SHIP AINT GONNA PAY FOR ITSELF! So if you wanna eat you'd better get an axe and start picking, AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR NOSE!"

Larliah took one last look behind her to make sure they weren't being eaten by a spooky scary jellyfish and then turned to her Conductor "How long til we land?"

Comment

Lian Territory
      Wilderness
      The Sanctum Avenger

Xander smirked to himself at Karliah's over the top display. He'd grown used to the idea of serving an insane, potentially illegal pirate since they met in Imperial Territory. He was looking to get away, and she had a ship that needed to be flown. It helped that her and her friends were cute. Despite her words, the "dangerous ore" wasn't very dangerous. Dragons were probably the biggest threat when you had a nice large group like theirs. Other animals would move away unless you traveled into their den. Dragons were territorial, though, and he'd even seen a few make some threatening dives at the ship as they moved to try and scare the ship away. As long as you didn't fly at them in the sky, they left you alone. He didn't know too much about the ground action, though. He always stayed in the ship and watched it.

Karliah hadn't told Xander much about the job, but apparently there was a nice ore deposit someone had wanted a crew to go scoop up. The reason they didn't do it themselves? Either it was a trap, or it was too dangerous and it was still a trap. At least in Xander's mind. He echoed his concerns whenever Karliah spoke to him, and now was no different, "I'm telling you this is a trap, Captain. Why don't they just pick up the ore themselves? Why hire a small crew like ours?" Xander said for the billionth time. "I know you want to get paid, but I don't want to loose you and Lia and Cecilia. I know I've only know you guys for a tiny bit but you're like family to me. Oh, and I don't like the idea of dying either. Or being someone's slave for driving your ship, you know?"

Xander smirked a bit, keeping his eyes forward on the "road", "Either that or its the drugs talking...." Xander chuckled, "We're about an hour away if the map's right. I don't suppose I can convince you to leave someone on the ship with me so I don't get lonely? Preferably one of the cute girls?". Of course, Xander had the hots for his captain, and she probably knew it, too. Despite this, his hints and suggestions never went past passive flirting. Esspecially since anything more might break his concentration on flying the ship. It would sort of ruin the mood if they went spiraling to their deaths....
      I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

"If you want to land so quickly, why donŽt you jump and use that spear of yours?" Cecilia spoke with sarcasm as she came from the Engineering area of the ship, the blonde mechanicŽs body and clothes had patches of coal and oil as she always kept the ship on perfect state, yet her bottle of wine was always pristine and would shine if it was hit by the light. Downing some of the bottleŽs content, Cecilia got more serious "The ship is in great state, a leak here and there, which is normal, have been dealt with and our engines are ready to move in the case disaster comes to us again."

Meanwhile, Lia was coming with a scroll at hand, she was easily evading the objects while she read their next goal until she reached the captain "From what I have found from our not so friendly rivals" she said gesturing to the red parts in the scroll "This thing will be a nice boost in our coffers, but IŽll have to be the devilŽs lawyer" she heard some booing and smirked "DonŽt be surprised that we get to see some attacks from our backs, we are surely being chased on the far end of the horizon" the navigator warned and then on a wall.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Despite some of the negative things the others were saying, Karliah kept a smile on her face through all of it, not seeming to care too much about mot of it. However something Cecilia said did spark some interest. She eyed her for a moment before asking. "Are you saying I should walk the plank? THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!! But not yet cause that's a long way to walk."

With a somewhat arrogant grin on her face, the captain tapped the wall of the ship with her hand and proudly stated. "doesn't matter who's followin us. If we can't out run em we'll out gun em. Mama's baby might be old but she's fast. She aint makin me a grandma just yet. Not til she finds her a good ship with a job." two down and one to go, she thought to herself as she finally turned back to Xander to answer his question. "Sorry kid, I need these two. Cecilia's just strong enough to help me carry back enough ore and Lia's the sharpest shooter we got. But hey you'll have ol wolf tale to keep you company. He's even better than a cute girl. You can pet him and if you throw a stick he'll bring it back!"

Comment

Lian Territory
            Wilderness
            The Sanctum Avenger

"Oh?" Xander acted like he was perking up to attention! "I'm in luck then! I've always needed someone to fetch stuff for me since you always seem to think its funny that I can't grab anything myself while flying." Xander laughed. He stole a glimpse at Lia's scroll and frowned. He didn't know much about reading maps, but from what he did know, if they were being followed, that was way too close for comfort.

"Hey, you know...you girls didn't tell me anything about this job. You think you could at least give your happy lap dog a bit of a treat there? Exactly how much of a death trap am I flying us in to?" Xander looked back toward the open sky. At their altitude, there wasn't much danger of being attacked by the natural air life, they weren't high enough in the air. The Sky jellies didn't seem to spawn too close to the ground, but who knows, maybe they'd be obnoxiously unlucky and one would get right into the engine?

Xander tried to calm down a bit. the drugs were taking hold and making him nervous. Its how they kept you awake, and none of the cute girls were able nurses to keep him from taking too much for a short flight. He was getting jittery and scared. Karliah's obnoxious attitude was strangely calming to him, for this reason. The clamor in his head wasn't louder than his captain, which is probably why he had a crush on her, too. She was the only one loud enough to get his attention. Xander blinked a few times to try and reduce the irritation in his eyes, focusing on some happier memories like when the crew was on the ground, and not heading off to their potential deaths.

Comment

It was Lia who answered to their conductor "Well, the situation for the ore deposit is that, like most mines, has quite the resources and jewels. So many companies or high rollers pay us to help either protect the place, steal from others and similar crazy things" she waved her hand like if it was a common thing "But this mine is wanted by many, and they are more the fire first then talk type" she finished gesturing to the red marks, which were made of blood
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Karliah thought about what Lia said, not very hard or for very long but still, she thought about it. Then she quickly blurted out the first thing that flew into her mind. "Hey maybe we'll get lucky and they'll get eaten by dragons before they can shoot usBWAHAHAHAHAHA! But hey it's not like it's the worst we've been through am I right? Not gonna let a couple a slags bring me down." The brave captain cracked her knuckles to get herself ready or the fight that was ahead of them. "Sho whadya say? You maggots got the guts to see this one through?" she said that last bit with a grin on her face.It was pretty clear she cared about her crew, even if she didn't say it.

Comment

Lian Territory
                  Wilderness
                  The Sanctum Avenger

Xander sighed. He knew the ship wasn't meant for combat. Karliah knew it too. They had guns, but they still weren't designed for ship-to-ship combat. The Forward guns could deal a lot of damage, but they didn't have any port or starboard guns. The ship could only fire forward and to the back from the standardized Tail-gun. If a ship pulled up to the side of them, they were sitting ducks. Xander knew some of the girls had rifles, but that wouldn't mean much if the other ship had a port or starboard cannon. It was true they had been through worse. Getting to Verdis was proof enough of that. It didn't mean they had to go looking for a fight. At least not in a non-combat ship.

Xander did know that most other ships weren't set up for combat, however. Conductors were a tight-knit group in the bars. While Karliah and the girls went to one table, the conductors of other ships would flag Xander down and invite him over to the big kid's table. Perhaps one of the few perks of being a conductor was getting to know all the other conductors. The bigger groups would even buy you drinks if you got on their good side. Most of the large groups in the region were nice and would simply ask Karliah to move along to something else. They knew Karliah couldn't handle a fire fight with them, so they could just show some muscle and scare the Avenger off if they really wanted the prize. In return, if they ever bumped into the crew at the bar, they'd buy a round of drinks for the crew. After all, what was a few drinks compared to the coin you'd pull in from a big haul?

Xander knew Karliah wasn't going to send the Avenger against a big ship even if their ship would suffer the tiniest of damage. They didn't have the money for repairs, and Karliah wouldn't hear the end of it from Cecilia. At the same time, they all needed to eat and a place to sleep. Sleeping on the ship was fine, but sleeping in an inn was better. Food was always better on the ground. No one on the ship was a cook, and the only one who didn't seem to care was Wolf Tail. They needed the money, and this was a good job. But it just felt too good. Xander guessed that the best they could hope for is a larger group with a strapping male captain that had a taste for rival captains. With a bit of wine and seduction, Karliah and the hypothetical captain could get to know each other, and a deal could be made where the Avenger would get a cut. Then they could ride on the large group's coat tails while they scared away anything that would actually try and fight the Avenger.

Xander took a deep breath. He was thinking too hard. He just needed to Fly. Just fly. They had been through worse and Karliah wouldn't let them get hurt. Fly Xander, Just Fly....

Comment

[Lian Territory | Wilderness | The Sanctum Avenger

"If we manage to pull this off" Myura started making plans "We can make this baby able to fend against other ships" she spoke and her mental gears were working. "Upgrading our speed and mobility will make it hard for side to side atracks while we can also add a dragonator on the front, that way we can pierce their hull and damage their internal machinery".

Cecilia had a grin of her own "You will need good prices for that, let me talk with the traders and we will get the best out of it" she responded to the redhead and then turned to the other two "This ship can become the lance of the skies with the right equipment, having such upgrades will scare the normal mercs and we can enter a bigguer league of firefights"

Spoiler:

Comment

Lian Territory
                      Wilderness
                      The Sanctum Avenger

Xander shook his head. "No, no no. We should be looking for fights. Sure, they're gonna happen; But remember I'm the one who has to sit here and "be calm" while we're getting shot at. I don't like getting shot at when I'm not allowed to dodge, you know?" Xander was visibly shaking in his seat, blinking furiously. It was obvious the poor boy was shaken up not only at the idea of getting shot at while sitting down, but also that the drugs weren't helping his condition, either. His knuckles were white around the steering handle and his breath was shaky.

Xander tried to focus on the sky and the destination. He didn't even know if he was going the right way, but since the destination was just a straight line they'd been following for a while, so he was pretty sure they were still on course. He didn't see any ships in front of them, but apparently they were right behind them, according to what the others said. Maybe if they were lucky they could get to the ground and mine some rocks, and not see a single person....

Come to think of it...?

"Hey-uhh, Captain? Did the guy say there was a spot to land down there...?" Ground landings were hard enough in the nice flat Imperial plains. Xander could only imagine the hell of trying to land on the forest floor.

Comment

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Karliah bursted out laughing again as she roughly patted the poor boy on the back while she spoke to him. "Lighten up kiddo. We're not being shot at yet, theres a reason we're staying in the clouds you know? Can't hit what you can't see." she gave him her usual wacko grin to comfort him before moving on to the next point. "If we can't find anywhere to land, I guess we can always jump. Unlike those fancy pantcy warships everyone's so proud of, we can actually land in tight spaces, so we should be fiiiiiiiine"

Comment

Lia got on deep thinking as she looked at Xander, her mechanical eye was faintly uncovered by her hair "I have been working on something to aid you on that Xander, if my plan works, you will have it easier with exhaustion and be able to actually rest, but" she closed her eyes "it is still in the works" her tone was hopeful. The redhead inventor always found it hard to deal with the magical part of how the ships managed to float and work, but that didnŽt stop her mind as she was working on something big.

That brought CeciliaŽs interest "It is that thing with va-?" she stopped as she received a glare from her friend "Oh right, not yet" but then went back to the captain "I already got our equipment ready when you want us to go on ground team and IŽll make sure this baby is ready to land"

Spoiler:

Comment

Lian Territory
                            Wilderness
                            The Sanctum Avenger

"At least someone has me in mind...." Xander tried to chuckle, but the sound came out fractured. "In any case, how close are we to the destination? Be best if we descend away from the target so the ship doesn't get attacked or raided by scrappers." If anything worried Xander more than getting shot, it was the three beautiful ladies he locked up to getting shot. He wasn't even worried about being in a fight--he used to be part of the imperial militia, after all. Being a conductor, though, meant he had to stay put guiding the ship. Thinking about the girls getting hurt and him being able to do nothing about it was unnerving.

The ship rocked a bit

"Shit! Sorry! That was me!" Xander got control of the ship as quickly as he lost it. He was thinking too hard about other things and drifting slightly. Nothing dangerous, of course. It wasn't likely to make anyone loose their balance, but it certainly was worrisome.

Comment

Karliah was more than a little bit curious about what Cecilia was about to say, but her mind was taken off it by what happened next. The ship seemed to shake, not enough to worry the captian but enough that it broke her own consintration. The girl just laughed it off, the little stumble actually seeming to give her even more ideas. "Hey can you make this baby do a Berle role? That'd be a good way to wake the other up wouldn't ya say? BWAhahahahaha!" With her bit of joking out of the way, the girl finally got serious for a moment. How close are we Lia? any place safe to land nearby?"

Comment

Working...
                              X