Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Experiment in Roleplay: Yukkuricraft's Monster (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Experiment in Roleplay: Yukkuricraft's Monster (OOC)

I still cant dedicate any meaningful amount of time to the roleplaying section and all that, but I can read and such. However, There was an awkward idea I had while talking with an old DnD buddy of mine about a MPD character idea. Basically, his character idea was to have a mage who didn't cast the spells themselves, but the spells came off of randomized dice rolls. I took it one step further and said to have a person online, who was not in the game, decide when, or when not to cast a spell. We came up with all sorts of crazy ideas for how to make a mage in no control of their spells, but not stupidly random/dangerous for everyone and himself.

THEN I GOT THIS IDEA!!!

So this is how it works; We start out as a blank slate character, which I will start us up with in a blank "Generic being X wakes up and these are general surroundings". From there, every post will create and evolve the world and character. Little things will define who this being is; Let's break down an example sentance and see what it tells us:

"She saw a pair of soldiers outside the window from where she lay."

Exhibit 1: "She" means that we our character is a girl.
    Exhibit 2: She not only sees soldiers, but recognizes that they are soldiers. Why are they outside of her room and not guarding her? Are they prison keepers? Are they protecting her room from something?
    Exhibit 3: There's a window! What kind of window? Open, obviously, but what is it made of? Iron bars? Glass?
    Exhibit 4: She is laying down. Why? Is she on a bed? Is she being cared for? Is she retained?

From this type of scenario, we could gauge her reactions, her fears, or hopes for the situation. Does she realize where she is? Maybe she's in a small medical facility and is a high ranking super secret agent. Of course there would be allied soldiers guarding her! Maybe she is a prisoner to some evil overlord and is plotting her escape?! Maybe she doesn't know WTF is going on and woke up entirely clueless? The idea is to take the story in little steps at a time in order to advance the story slowly so everyone's input can be as meaningful as possible. Its more like writing a novel together than role-playing WITH each other. We will use this OOC thread to cheat however; Maybe Tewi has an AWESOME idea for what happens next, but she posted just a tiny bit ago! She could drop a hint here and Sustic could pick up that idea, but in his own style to make it even MORE creative and interesting. The idea is to keep each other thinking, but not fight each other. If you compete with each other, you're ultimately competing with yourself anyway!

Rules:
    1) We're all pretty smart, so follow our general RP rules, yeah?
    2) Your post can be as long and informative as you like, but you must accept whatever outcome following posts create.
    3) Avoid posting more than once per two people. For example: [You, Person1, Person2, You] is what we're looking for.
    4) Remember this is not only YOUR Character, but everyone's character. This is our baby!
    5) Create, explore, discover. You build the world in addition to this character.

If there is interest for this, or we wanna make changes to the set-up before launching, lets hammer out the details here.
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

I'm down for trying it but I can't promise I won't be a bit silly with my turns ^_~

Comment

Silly makes us think harder and come up with interesting ways to tell the story
      I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

Was there any other interest in this project? Any questions? Thought expiriments?

Comment

Working...
        X