Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing a massive update to this OOC.
    Hold on tight.

So this is it, I've finally managed to get everything set up so now things can proceed. First, I'm copying and pasting the relevant information from the above explanation.

Spoiler:

So I'ma make a Fire Emblem esque system for this so that everything will be stat based.

Now because I found the Fire Emblem calculations...I intend on using google docs to create a calculator that will pretty much do everything for you when it comes to combat.

So it'll be input your stats, enemy stats, hit enter, receive bacon see results.

And Here's the calculator~ joy. Right now it is functional~
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

anyway~
    So here comes the fun part

If you want to see the original system, [go here]

~STATS SYSTEM~

So the Stat system for this will use this

Class

HP

Str

Mag

Skl

Spd

Lck

Def

Res

Now I'm going to post the chart of calculations here so that you can look at what goes to what later.

Spoiler:

Attack
    = Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + [Buff Gem Bonus]

Hit rate
    = Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 +[Buff Gem Bonus] + Luck) / 2]

Critical
    = Weapon's Critical + ((Skill+[Buff Gem Bonus]) / 2)

Avoid
    = (Speed x 3 + [Buff Gem Bonus] + Luck) / 2

Rating
    = Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

Though I'll go into detail later on this.
    Right now, let me describe what all those lovely acronyms stand for.

Class: Your character's class which would dictate stat growths...but for simplicity we'll set this later.

HP: Your health points. Max will be 80 HP.

Str: Strength of a character that dictates physical attacks.

Mag: Magic Strength. Obviously the stat that dictates magic attacks.

*Note: Mag and Str both use the same formula. If you use magic tomes, you use Mag stat in the calculation, and so if you use a melee or Physical weapon, Str.
    I'll explain more what weapon type uses what later.

Skl: The Skill of your character. A key factor when dictating hit stat and critical hit stat.

Spd: Speed. How fast your character is. Used in calculating Avoid Stat. (Hit Stat and Avoid Stat are the two things that actually dictate hit or miss in battle.)

Lck: How lucky your character is. Used in both Hit Stat and Avoid Stat calculations by a small amount...just to add complexity to calculations.

*Note: Notice I'm saying Avoid, Critical, and Hit Stat. The chance of these things happening are calculated later.

Def: Physical Defense. Literally, take Attack stat when it's calculated from Str and subtract along with a bunch of other bonuses.

Res: Magic Defense. Same as Physical, except used after Attack Stat is calculated with Mag.

*Note: I will be simplifying and explaining how each of these work as I go through this set up.

Now that you know what they mean and have a rough idea of what each is used for...
    Let's move on to the next part of the stats

Weapon Types

Each class will have a certain set of useable weapon types (like Cavaliers can use swords and lances, Sword Masters use...swords, and Warriors use axes.)

I've removed the Weapon Proficiencies so that it's a bit simpler...

Anyway...MOVING ON~

~WEAPON SYSTEM~

The weapons themselves have a bit of a stat system. So let's quickly get on with this.

Rank

Mt

Hit

Crit

Rng

Effect

Uses

Worth

Ok fun and joy. (You're probably wondering why I'm setting them off like I am. There's a reason.)

Ok so let's describe these things.

Rank: The Rank of the weapon. No longer relevant but I might do something with this...maybe...doubt it.

Mt: Might. How powerful the weapon is. This is used in the Attack Stat calculation.

Hit: Hit Stat. Used in...the Hit chance calculation. We'll get to this eventually.

Crit: Critical Stat. Obviously...Critical Chance calculations.

Rng: Range. This dictates the obvious concept of if your in range to hit someone. Like an archer can be 2 spaces away (Remember Fire Emblem is like Chess.) and hit a sword master...but the sword master can't hit the archer (unless using a very specific sword which I'll list off later.)

Effect: Special effectiveness stat that tells you if its useful against certain class types. Like Armor Slayer...which is good against classes that have the Armor classification (Knights and Generals).
    We'll talk more about this later.

Uses: Think Durability. How many times you can use it before you break it. Why Tomes have this remains a mystery to me... And has been the source of one funny joke...

Worth: How much it costs to buy from a shop. When selling, it goes for half. In other words: an item priced at 100 gold will sell for 50 gold.
    * Note: There's random chance you'll get random items so you could live off of that.

Now that we looked at that...let's look at some of the calculations (You better be grateful that I'm going to make a calculator system that does EVERYTHING for you. You just have to punch in numbers and hit enter. Be. Grateful.)

Next...bonuses.
    Just to make things even MORE COMPLICATED

~BONUSES~

I'm Removing these types of bonuses so as to simplify things.

However there are Buff Gems...
    I'm going to use this time to talk about this new system.

So each character will be able to equip and use Buff gems, which grant various buffs or debuffs to your character temporarily. Like one battle/use temporary.

They primarily affect your stats (Like HP, Strength, Speed, etc.)
    So it's a direct bonus to your stats...or penalty.

There will be an app for these gems because of the fact they can make things extremely broken...so...these will be sparingly used.

Ok we can FINALLY move on to calculations.

~CALCULATIONS~

*cries inside*

Ok this is the...*cough* fun part.

First we're going to look at the calculations that process the character's stats that are more like traits...and turn them into...other stats...
    ...joy.

So we utilize these things.

Attack
    = Strength or Magic + Weapon's Might + [Buff Gem Bonus Strength or Magic]

Hit rate
    = Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck + [Buff Gem Bonus Skill + Luck]) / 2]

Critical
    = Weapon's Critical + ((Skill + [Buff Gem Bonus Skill] / 2)

Avoid
    = (Speed x 3 + Luck + [Buff Gem Bonus Speed + Luck]) / 2

Rating
    = Strength + Magic + Skill + Speed + Luck + Defence + Resistance

...It's simply plug n' chug calculations. Take the corresponding stats above and plug 'em in.

*Note: Rating is...nothing really. It's a comparative thing to show you how good the unit is. We'll be using this to distribute initial stat points.

*Buff Gem Bonus:
    The gems have stats similar to the character stats and are factored in within the brackets of the calculations

so for instance

Hit rate
    = Weapon's Hit rate + [(Skill x 3 + Luck + [Buff Gem Bonus Skill + Luck]) / 2]

The gem's stats are added before the /2 but the gem's skill stat does not get a x3 to it.
    It's meant to be a somewhat small bonus (though still powerful considering...) So that's why it is the way it is.

Once you have all of this...
    Now Combat Calculations

Attack (damage)
    = Attack - Enemy's (Defense or Resistance + [Enemy Buff Gem Bonus Defense or Resistance])

Hit rate
    = Hit rate - Enemy's (Avoid ) [%]

Critical rate
    = Critical - Enemy's (Luck + [Buff Gem Bonus Luck]) [%]

To translate:

Attack dealt is calculated by taking the Attack stat of the character calculated from the prior calculation above and the opponent's Def Stat with their buff gem bonus

Hit rate is a % so after you take the Hit rate calculated above, Enemy's Avoid stat calculated above...you put a % on it. That's it. You calculate it and that IS the %. That's all that means.

Critical should be obvious. It's the critical stat calculated from above and the enemy's luck with their buff gem bonus. Slap a % on it and viola, it becomes a rate.

That's all for that part...

Now...

~LEVELING~

Almost done so bear with me...

The Leveling system has two things: Internal and external Levels.
    External is what you see as a number...
    Internal determines if you should get that full bit of EXP from that kill you just got.

Now I'm going to simplify this because...
    ...it's just not pretty.

So here's the simple end of it:

Each class has a cap of level 20 which means each character has a possible cap of lvl 40 cumulative.

Each level takes 100 EXP

EXP is gained from Battle and even using staves.

Now let me show how we're going to have it done:

Battle EXP
    Encounter: 1 EXP
    *Means you are in a battle but cannot attack (no weapon equipped or out of range)
    Fight: 4 EXP (technically 5 EXP*)
    * Means that you attack but don't kill the enemy. Stacks with Encounter so it's 5 EXP in truth.
    Kill: 10 EXP (technically 15 EXP*)
    *Means that the encounter results in a kill. Does stack with Encounter and Fight. So in truth if you kill it's 15 EXP

Staff EXP:
    Heal: 5 EXP
    Mend, Ward: 10 EXP
    Recover, Warp, Repair: 15 EXP

* Each of these is a type of staff, with 3 levels of healing staff (Heal, Mend, Recover), Resistance boost staff called Ward, and a warp staff and repair weapon staff. I'll list these off later.

So to help translate

For Battles:
    You will gain 1 EXP guaranteed every battle encounter that involves your charcter.
    You will gain 5 EXP if your character fights back but doesn't kill.
    *NOTE: you technically do not need to deal damage to gain this (so if you attack and miss or if you attack and deal no damage it'll still count)
    You will gain 15 EXP for a kill.

If you heal with a staff, it's w/e value the staff gives.

So after you gain 100 EXP, you gain one level, which will lead to stat growths...which is next topic...

Now briefly: There are two types of Classes.
    Base and Promoted.

So here's how this works in to what I'm about to say:

At base class level 10 to 20, you can choose to promote your character to a more powerful promoted class of your choosing.

Here's the catch: if you promote at level 10, you set your level cap to a cumulative of 30.
    However there is an advantage to promoting early...especially if the character has horrible stat growths in the base class they're in.

So in other words...
    Choose: To promote as early as lvl 10 or until the max cap of lvl 20.

So...every 100 EXP leads to 1 Level and you have a cap of 20 levels at base and 20 levels at Promoted.
    ...so there's 40 times Maximum your stats can grow.

Finally: Stat Growths

~CLASSES AND STAT GROWTHS~

This is it. The Final Topic.

So I mentioned Classes and Stat Growths.
    ...this is the most important part of the entire system.

Stat growths vary from class to class...
    Now there's a chart for this that is a bit confusing to read...and I can't transcribe it here.

But I'll say open this up and read along what I have to say...because this is the bread and butter of this system.

So First...to simplify since each character has a unique growth rate independent of class, we're going to look at just the modifiers

Click here for the chart

Ok a lot of numbers but this is how it works:
    You take your growth rates (in %) and add the number from the chart to the growth rate (in %)

so if you're a Cavalier with a base growth rate of 40% Stregnth, you add the 20% of the class growth to it.
    so your strength has a 60% chance of going up by 1 point each level

To say it again:
    Character Base Growth Rate [%] + Class Growth Rate [%] = Actual Growth Rate [%]

What this is telling you is the chance of a stat growing by 1 point.

so if you level up
    there will be...using the above scenario of a cavalier... a 60% chance that your Str stat will increase by 1 point.
    So there is a 40% chance it grows by 0 points.
    All stats are done this way so it's possible to have Str, Skl, Def, Lck, and HP to all go up by 1 point during a level up while the rest of the stats don't.

So in theory, it would be possible for a stat to grow 40 (assuming 20 levels while in base class and 20 levels promoted class) points additional to the base stats if it had a 100% growth rate....if it wasn't for the stat cap

For Stat Caps, we look at this

Click here for chart

This lists the maximum stat for each class.

Now I'll talk more on this topic during the set up for this RP.

For now, you survived an entire explanation of the mechanics of Fire Emblem.

If you read all of that...

CONGRATULATIONS

I applaud you for taking the time to go through it.
    Because now you get to just use that calculator system in a spread sheet that does all of this for you.

Base
    Lord
    Tactician
    Cavalier
    Knight
    Myrmidon
    Thief
    Barbarian
    Fighter
    Mercenary
    Archer
    Pegasus Knight
    Wyvern Rider
    Dark Mage
    Mage
    Priest
    Cleric
    Troubadour
    Promoted
    Great Lord
    Grandmaster
    Paladin
    Great Knight
    General
    Swordmaster
    Assassin
    Trickster
    Berserker
    Warrior
    Hero
    Bow Knight
    Sniper
    Falcon Knight
    Dark Flier
    Wyvern Lord
    Griffon Rider
    Sorcerer
    Dark Knight
    Sage
    War Monk
    War Cleric
    Valkyrie
    Special
    Villager
    Taguel
    Manakete
    Dancer
    Lodestar
    Conqueror
    Shopkeeper

*Special have no Promotions and have a level cap of 30.

Ask me about them and possibly about making your own custom special class.

Character Apps

This is the next fun part.

So it'll be your typical app.
    once you make the app then I'll make you a personal calculator sheet in the workbook.
    So as to preserve your data.

So here's the app form

Name:
    [spoiler]

Appearance:

Bio/Personality:

Profession and/or Talents:

Alliance: (Light or Dark?)

Class:

(Fill out the above portion...then ask me about the class types and possibly about making your own custom special class.)

Base Stats and Growths
    (Keep this as a hard copy just in case.)
    [spoiler]

HP:

Str:

Mag:

Skl:

Spd:

Lck:

Def:

Res:

[/ spoiler]

Notes:

[/ spoiler]
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-23-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

The OP has been updated

I'll be expecting questions because of the way this is =w=

*EDITED IN BUFF GEM APPS TO OP

EDIT 2:

Growth Rate Points allowed for base growth rate is now 400
      During character creation you can now set 400 points worth of growth rate overall for the stats.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-23-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

EDIT:

Base Rating is now 100
        Base Character Growth Rate Points is now 400
        Base HP is now 35
        Special Classes Max Level is 35

At some point everyone will get a special item that adds 7 HP to your character permanently.

You'll understand why later.
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-23-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

This was me testing the system and hence why I changed a few things.
          Because I realized that without the "infinite reclassing" system that Awakening has, it would have been really underwhelming in some cases with having the things set the way I had them.

So I made it like the older Fire Emblems in terms of stats but rebalanced it for the same calculations.
          Where does it all end?
          idk.

Name: Aion Leonares
          Spoiler:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Bio/Personality:
          A young man of 22. He lived on the Planet of Duon in the Helios System and is a member of the Hunters' Guild there. He's been a Mercenary for 3 years now and has a natural talent with a sword. His fighting style is reminisce of the ancient samurai style adapted with a more modern fencing technique. He is the heir of the legacy which his mentor, the man he considers as a father, Orion, left him. As a Maverick Pilot, he is unrivaled in his personal fighter Eclipse Blade X-02, one of the only perfect Blade replicas. The only other two in existence currently are Navarre's Fighter, Silver Phoenix X-03, and Revere's, Blood Edge X-01.

He has no memory of his past, except for a fragmented memory of his sister, Tina. His left arm bears Aurora's Curse and he has an innate ability to manipulate Aura Energy to his will, unaided. He believes this to be a part of the Curse. He is steadfast and determined to uncover the truth of the Galaxy and the War that marks the era in blood.

Mercenary/ Pilot

Alliance: Dark

Class:

Lodestar

Base Stats and Growths

Spoiler:

HP: 35 | 50

Str: 20 | 50

Mag: 0 | 15

Skl: 19 | 15

Spd: 20 | 60

Lck: 18 | 60

Def: 18 | 55

Res: 5 | 55

Notes: N/A

Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-23-2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I need more Beta Testers

The way this is right now SHOULD be on target of being balanced...
            emphasis on Should be.

Need people to play with the calculator to see if they can find any errors that aren't supposed to happen.
            Like placing comments on the cells that you did something to and where you saw the error pop up.

Comment

Might bring in Nhiome later, but since Nhiome stays mostly in deep space, he would need a very good reason to stay for a while XD, maybe stop by from time to time to buy and sell supplies...

Name: Nisen Honryuu

Spoiler:

Appearance:On the short side, relatively thin, but wiry. Black hair and eyes, usually dressed in shabby mismatched clothes.

Bio/Personality: He scrapes a living by doing odd jobs, has been living in a low-rent room for a year or so. He ran away from home at the age of 16. He was tired of his parent's pushing him to become a doctor int he city. His live now is difficult but he has freedom, he is still trying to settle on some work, but despite being well-educated, he hasn't found one yet. This is mainly due to him not having any interest in most jobs in the village he escaped to. Sometimes when times are hard, he steals but he has a strong moral compass and prefers not to do so.

Profession and/or Talents: Jack of all trades

Alliance: Light

Class:Thief

Base Stats and Growths
              Spoiler:

HP: 35 | 50

Str: 20 | 60

Mag: 0 | 10

Skl: 20 | 75

Spd: 20 | 75

Lck: 20 | 60

Def: 10 | 35

Res: 10 | 35

Notes: N/A

Did i miss out anything or get anything wrong?

EDIT:...why doesn't the spoiler work and for some reason i cant add images...not that i have any good ones ._.

EDIT2: interesting thing, the spoilers work without the = in tapatalk...
              Last edited by bookdragon2000; 03-25-2014, 03:47 AM.
              How many times can you die a day~?
              How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

@ Book

Nope ya did right.

And the spoilers just aren't working cause the = is missing on the first tags. my bad on that.

anyway Nhiome now has a calculator sheet in the work book. You can use it to document any changes and simulate things.

P.S. I simulated his stats growths and what ya have is...really good for a thief. His endgame stats will be strong no matter what promotion.

Most stats except for mag will be capped by endgame.

P.S.S. the fact that stats will be capped says I'm doing something right with the set up.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Gotta work this one out a bit more...

Name: Kiara Aquala
                  Spoiler:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Bio/Personality:

A Water Nymph of Crescent Lake that lives a quiet life. However one day a Dark Mage by the name of Achlys would frequent the lake and harass her.

She tends to look for the good in people and, even though she might feel like all hope is lost, she will continue onward with a task.

The Manipulation of Water. Any water affected by her magic is granted a slight healing ability.

Alliance: Light

Class: TBD

Base Stats and Growths

Spoiler:

HP:

Str:

Mag:

Skl:

Spd:

Lck:

Def:

Res:

Notes:

Comment

triple post

I just realized there's something off about the stats.
                    I need to set up a proper stat growth simulator because I noticed that the stat caps trigger on lvl 20 base characters and a lvl 20 can reach total capped stats. Which...is...kinda like waste of points....
                    Although it does make everyone balanced at the end, it just trivializes the initial stats for non-special class types.

...actually now that I type out the situation...it's not that much a problem...but I should make a simulator in the google doc so that you all can see what it's doing. Cause it's kinda important.
                    ...kinda really important if you...
                    ...actually it's not that important....
                    It might help you decide how to distribute your stats better but... meh....

Though I will admit that testing this further makes me want to open up the option to switch to a totally different class after promotion.
                    Because stats....
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-25-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X