X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel beast Tournament{OOC}

Well, well, well. If you've come here, it means you're interested in this. Well I don't even know if this will get off the ground, but I need feedback so here it is! What is it you ask? Well it's a tournament of course! {It will be taking place in some kind of arena that the Kappa made in Gensokyo, because why not?}

The first round

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

and Finals.

We will fight to see whose OC is truly the best!

You are allowed to choose an OC to use and they must have their move set and abilities written down somewhere we can see it, this will not be fought in Danmaku or anything like this, this is just a full on brawl. You don't even have to use a Touhou OC, as long as they aren't an Omnipotent God, anything goes! This tournament will also be a tag-team tournament, so that you may tag out with people if your main character is getting weak. You get one support person to switch with, be it another OC of yours, a Canon Touhou character, or even a character from a different series altogether.

So if you guys are interested, please, give some feedback!
    "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

I find it hard to understand how this would go. It would be more of a creativity contest of who can think of the most creative way to get the opponent out of the way. There is also the problem that unlike games, RPs don't have any health bar. There is no preset amount of damage a attack would do. It would be very tempting and easy for the opponent to say "that attack missed".

There is also the problem of story. Why are people fighting. Are there anything going on besides the fights? Things like that.

Lastly I've never been a fan of having definite facts and numbers in RPs.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

First thing that would come to mind is...
      Dungeons and Dragons.
      Have everything decided by the dice.
      Which I would say this would need a referee who is not a part of the story and is "rolling dice" (or a random number generator in Excel or some calculator or something) for each moment...
      and that would be tricky to coordinate.

I'll be honest, I'm not certain how this could play out in a forum setting...

Comment

It's a thing called spars, I'm quite a veteran in them.

For example -

Jeno lifted his katana over his head in a mad arc, attempting to cleave his opponent's right arm off.

--

Zenjuro brought his sword up and parried the block, but he could feel the sharp impact as he was pushed backwards.
        "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Working...
        X