X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Ima say to do a time skip cause no way of doing it without it)
    Medford, Oregon - 2:00PM

Having done her shift, she decides to go home, though, as she goes to turn the keys to her car, it seems to not work. She would sigh and take out her cell phone to call a tow before her boss comes in.

"Yo, Duguard! What are you still doing here?"He said is a very stern and almost harsh voice, she winced at it, but tries to calm herself before breaking down.

"Sorry Sir! I j-just have m-my car breaking d-down."She managed to stutter before she looks down, unable to look him in the eye, she really didn't like him all that much.
    "It won't happen a-again."

"Better not. I don't wanna have to write you up now, do I?"He says, almost softening his voice so she doesn't get too upset. "It's been several months since you lost her but you don't have to be so hard on yourself. Look, I'll deal with the towing, you just get yourself home and in bed, you need it." Is all he said before she thanked him and she wen to go catch a bus, knowing full well she will have no way of getting there without arriving home no later than 5:00 thanks to how the buses run here and how late they can get sometimes.

Woodland, Washington

As the hours pass, the girl had been running for some time, and had finally collapsed in the middle of a crowd, gaining unwanted attention. She had been covered in soot and clutching a journal in her hands before her little companion appeared and gave a very, VERY annoyed look in her eyes.

"What's that look, you expect me to remember every single warning sign mocha?"She huffed in short bursts.

"Mrrrow...."Her ears pinned down, as if to say "I told you so, child." before letting out a huff of annoyance.

"Yeah yeah, I know this place is compromised. 'Mother' will find us soon, so will that.... um.... what was it?"
    She says as she flipped through her journal full of different monsters before she came across the page of "Arachnae" as well as the proper way to kill it. "huh..." is all she can say before going to leave the area, very exhausted.
    Last edited by LilyScarlet; 08-04-2017, 04:04 AM.
    "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Medford, Oregon - 2:10PM

It wasn't that long of a drive thankfully... No more than probably a half hour or more after he left his hotel room... but in the end he made it to his client's house.

The home of a single mother, and what once was her daughter before the girl went missing several months back. Judging by the look of the house, it was quite a simple one... almost reminds Jacob of his own home growing up. Either way when he had arrived earlier he had taken the spare house key hidden under the welcome mat that his client left for him, and with it he had entered the house and began investigating.

He spent the past several hours going through the house, being careful not to disturb or make a mess out of anything like he was asked... While he was searching throughout the house though he did feel a bit... off. Sometimes it would feel as if there was another presence in the house with him, and other times not. Hell a few instances during his 'investigation' he could have swore he saw something move in the corner of his eye. Either way it wasn't something entirely new to him, in fact since he had been on the road traveling from state-to-state helping people he's had many different kinds of encounters with things that people would claim to be 'paranormal'.

Before he became a travelling 'detective', he would normally scoff and call it tricks of the mind. The past few years though his mind had been mostly changed, but that's a different story...

"No signs of anything out of the ordinary... Nothing that seems to be out of place for a home like this... then again I don't have much to go on as of now. No signs of a possible kidnapping, then again she did say her daughter disappeared a few months ago. So the local law enforcement probably took any possible evidence they might have found. Definitely an odd case... I'll have to talk to the mother once she gets off work." He spoke into his phone's audio recorder for later.

With all he can do being done for now he left the house, being sure to make sure he didn't mess anything up as he locked the door behind him. Once the door was locked he put the key back under the welcome mat and walked over to his car where he put his phone in his pocket and opened his car door. Taking a seat in the passenger side he reached under the car seat and took out a notepad and pen which he began to write a bit of a log of his current findings, as well as a bit of handwritten reminders... All the while wondering how long it will take for Ms. Dugard to get off work... which will be another hour or two. Hopefully none of the neighbors call the cops on him for being some kind of stalker or something.

Comment

Medford, Oregon - 2:15PM

As he went far enough to leave earshot, a ghastly figure appeared and seemed fairly distraught. This had been the "millionth" time that some degenerate investigator had walked into this house while her friend's mom had not been here and she was sick of it, so as he had left, she started to put her plan into motion and wait until the man had went into his car before she unlocked the door and slowly opened the door before going into the kitchen and throwing a single plate that was quite far back from the counter space towards the ground. all while having a sour look on her face in annoyance of trespassers.

Woodland, Washington

As little Sabrina had left public eye towards a better location to hide from the spider lady, mocha had finally had enough of her nonsense.

"Sabrina... I bet you anyone in the world could be smarter than you, hell, that woman we saw this morning had the right idea of not talking to random strangers that scream 'I'm an axe murderer'... god, are all you humans this blind to supernatural beings when they are disguised?!" and many other things is all she blurted out in a very annoyed fashion as poor little Sabrina had to listen to her cat go and yell at her and take the abuse. She kinda knew that when mocha gets like this, there is no way to stop her from ranting on her.
        Last edited by LilyScarlet; 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

((this is assuming the plate broke))
          Medford, Oregon - 2:15PM

With his car having been parked in the driveway, Jacob was still writing a few notes in his notepad before he could hear very faintly from the house which wasn't too far away, as he had parked in the driveway. He couldn't tell what exactly the noise was, but it sounded like something breaking. Hearing this he slowly put his notepad down and turned to the house. Getting up out of his car he slowly walked up to the front door and touched the doorknob... Upon which when he turned it he got a rather... confused.

"Unlocked... strange" He said as he took out his handgun from his belt's holster. Even though he believes in the supernatural, the more logical options still usually comes to mind. Which means he thought that a thief must have managed to sneak in when he was busy in his car or something. Either way he slightly pushed open the now oddly unlocked front door with his 9mm handgun in hand in case there is an actual intruder...

Comment

Woodland, Washington

"Yes, actually." came a familiar voice. It was the woman from the morning, sitting on yet another bench that seemed to have not been there previously. Wearing the same clothes, and even the scent of dew was in the air.

"It wasn't always like that, but humankind has grown far less sensitive to that sort of thing in recent years. Not to mention the lack of common sense thing that's getting especially common lately. It's almost concerning. Almost." they continued. They breathed in deeply, leaning back further into the bench.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Medford, Oregon

All there was was a plate with the shards spelling "sab" from the shards, sadly not enough to ask where sabrina or why he is here, so little ghosty goo moves the shards around to say "why" then "hre" then "?" before she throws a shard towards him cause she be a frustrated child.

Woodland, Washington

the two stop and turn towards the lady before little miss sabrina began to speak. "Wait, your not human lady?!" she exclaims in a very pale fashion as mocha gives a facepaw. "Ofcoarse she isn't human, dumbass! I could tell from the way she looks! that and she has a distinct disintrest to humans..." she meowed in a very pissed off fashion."S-Sorry... I just, normally a supernatural would try to attack me at first. now i'm curious, what supernatural are you?"she asks in a very curious tone, letting everything else just blow past her.
              Last edited by LilyScarlet; 08-11-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

"Supernaturals? Is that what they're calling us now? The names seemingly get dumber and dumber as time goes on." they replied with a small sigh. "Not all of us are evil. Many are violent, yes, but many simply wish to live their lives. Times have changed, and so have we. Mostly."

"You may call me Nue." they finished.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Medford, Oregon

After a minute of nothing but quiet... Jacob slowly pushed open the front door and stepped inside the house. The air definitely felt... heavier? It was a tad hard to say. The detective took a deep breath as he could feel his hair stand on end as if there was another presence in this home. Which little did he truly know, there was.

Slowly making his way through the house, Jacob kept a straight face and his gun at the ready in case of an emergency. Eventually he made it to the source of the noise.

It seemed as though a plate had fallen... or perhaps thrown? Either way Jacob lowered his weapon as he got down to one knee to get a closer look... it seemed as if the shards of the plate were trying to spell a sentence. It was a tad hard to make out what it says, but the most he can tell is that whatever caused this is asking 'why here?" Different thoughts quickly raced through his mind. Not just thoughts of who or what had broken this plate, but also thoughts of what the shard's are trying to ask exactly.

Is whatever that did this asking why Jacob himself is here? If so he had a few questions of his own... Unfortunately he was quickly met with a ceramic plate shard flying from the ground right at him. Acting quickly he covered his face with his arms, causing the plate shard to imbed itself into his coat sleeve, in turn leaving a small hole in his coat. If it was thrown with any more force... or if it was any sharper, it would have cut not just through the coat but also his undershirt and possibly even his own skin. Either way after that little incident he could not help but ask aloud.

"Whoever is here please know that I do not mean any harm to his household or those that live here. I'm only here to help the owner of this house with a serious problem of hers. Firstly I suspect that whatever you are, you must be some kind of... spirit or something. Normally if I was any sane man I probably wouldn't believe myself when I say that, but I've seen my own fair share of the supernatural. So if you are a spirit please give me a... more peaceful sign if I am correct on that assumption." He spoke in a calm, and surprisingly collected voice in this situation. He really wasn't really trying to be hostile or anything, in fact he was being quite honest when he says that he's just here to help the poor mother who lost her child. More surprising of thing is that... he's actually considering the option that he is dealing with a spirit. Most other investigators probably wouldn't think of such a possibility, but Jacob is no ordinary investigator...

Over the past few years he's encountered a good amount of different supernatural entities. Namely shadow spirits, but because of his few encounters he's been more open to the paranormal and the potential of them existing. That combined with the strange reason of why a plate broke for no reason when no one to his knowledge was inside, with how the shards were seemingly forming a sentence, and lastly how a shard was just flung at him from some unseen force really makes him consider that he is dealing with a ghost...

Comment

Woodland, Washington
                    Listening to nue speak and talk about how humans have become lazy over the years, little mocha chimed in, "They have never been that creative on certain names i mean c'mon! the flames names are just a latin name for each of their respective personality traits, like little curiosity here." she tilts her head towards little sabrina, who is more focused on the name 'nue'. "I swear I have heard the name 'nue' before..." She spoke out loud in a very curious tone. She had no idea what a nue was or even why she had heard about it, whereas little affina/mocha knew nue's 'myth' and how mischievous they can be, having been around the age that little nue was 'killed', twitching her tail in annoyance at her master's stupidity. Muttering something in a foreign language about how stupid she was.

Medford, Oregon

Hearing the man's words didn't really quell her unease about another person coming in here without permission, so she thought they weren't really getting to him properly. This time, she had moved to Sabrina's room, and had dropped a book on the ground, it being one of Sabrina's diaries that she had kept very hidden, rambling on about the strange encounters and about her cat, the little ghosty goo turned to a page and had turned to her page, one describing the ghost in detail from head to toe and about how 'temperamental' the ghost can get if they feel like they are being threatened or if Sabrina was threatened. She then sat on her bed, leaving a child sized indent of a little girl sitting on the bed, letting it squeak and groan as it hadn't been used in a while, even a bit of dust puffing out.
                    Last edited by LilyScarlet; 08-11-2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

"Flames? Hm, I can't say i'm that familiar." Nue started, partially feigning ignorance. They had heard the name before a couple of times, but weren't exactly curious as to what they were. Though one of these "flames" seem to have dropped here out of nowhere. Monster hunters of some description? It was strange, though the cat was the more curious creature here, their eyes glancing at the creature as it spoke.

"Though, i'm going to assume since you're looking into the disappearances, the kidnapper is a monster of some description? Explains a lot, the be honest. Quite annoying also. Things such as that have a nasty habit of following me whenever I move between towns. Such pests. Not that I fight much anymore. Probably quite rusty. It's been a few centuries since i've had a good fight." they explained.

Comment

Medford, Oregon

After a small moment of no response, Jacob could feel almost feel as if some sort of presence moved past him. It felt almost like a very faint gust of air as the ghost had moved past him for Sabrina's room. At first Jacob couldn't tell what happened, but after the small thump of a book falling to the floor Jacob turned his head to the bedroom.

Before going immediately in there he began thinking of what he could possibly do to more easily... communicate with this spirit. Thinking for a moment he had an idea... If this was indeed a spirit, perhaps he could get a more suiting response via an EVP. It's something those 'ghost hunters' on TV usually try to do. He remembers watching those kinds of shows with his brother before his brother's disappearance. Thinking about this he took out his phone from his coat pocket and switched to his audio recorder. Turning the recorder on his cell phone on he then made his way to the bedroom. Although he was cautious and careful. In fact he remembered how the mother told him to be extra careful in her daughter's bedroom, which is where the spirit had seemed to have gone to.
                        Fully knowing a mother's wrath... mainly from his own mother when he was a young child, he gulped a little as he slowly stepped into the bedroom.

The bedroom seemed to be... somewhat typical to what someone the age of Miss Duguard's missing daughter would like. Either way as he slowly entered the room he looked around and saw a book on the floor, and what seemed to be an imprint on the bed.
                        Seeing the open book on the floor he slowly walked to it and bent down to read it.

What the page the book seemed to be turned to was about some kind of spirit, how temperamental the spirit could be, and more notably how protective the spirit was over this household. Not only that but it seemed as if the handwriting was... not sloppy by any means, but not perfect either. It was clean, perfectly ledgible handwriting of what seemed to be a girl's diary of sorts. Putting a thumb on the page so he wouldn't lose it, he lifted the cover and saw that it was indeed... a diary. The diary of Sabrina? Well this is definitely interesting.

With this in mind, and his audio recorder still going Jacob asked as calm as he could in an attempt to not make this... ghost any angrier. He already had a shard of ceramic from a plate thrown at him, so he definitely doesn't want this ghost who he is aware has the power to harm someone, get angry and hurt him... or worse... Make a mess out of this room.

"This book, it's a diary? Is what's written in it about whoever you are? That is if anyone is even there. If so please do answer me. I really do not mean any harm as I'm only here to help as much as I can. So please just speak your business." He said as he holds his phone, with the audio recorder still going. His gun had been holstered before he came in. As he asked this he gently closed the book and placed it on a table in Sabrina's bedroom. Hopefully the ghost will actually speak and his audio recorder app on his phone will catch it.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

Mocha had taken a notice to her staring and politely replied. "If your wondering, I am a construct to this young girl. Well, any of the Mirus flames anyways." She simply meowed. Sabrina simply sticking her toungue out at her as she continues to look curiously looks at nue with an intrigue that has begun to sicken mocha even more. Sabrina ignores her and continues to look at nue "Actually, we just... erm, escaped from the creature." She would chuckle nervously. "It might come back for us. soooo, we might have to get moving." is all she said before she would sit down.

Medford, Oregon

Little ghost would simply only look around and listen to his words "Sabrina.... I wanna know, where is my mirus flame" is all she could say before she would let out angering voice."Where is she... Where is Sabby..." She continues to turn the pages until it reaches the last thing she wrote, about her cat, telling her she is no longer safe in the place she calls home, and that it is better for her to go around in search of a better place and in return, to help the cat be free from this curse of being in the book.

Comment

Medford, Oregon

Jacob after about five minutes of nothing, decided to try to playback the recording on his phone to see if he got anything. To be honest he was surprised at what he found on the recording. For among the quiet ambience of the house, he heard a slight bit of static with a voice among it. Hearing this Jacob was surprised. He wasn't expecting to get a response, but he did... and it was the ghost where Sabrina, this 'mirus flame' is. At first the voice sounded a bit saddened, but then it got quite angry. Hearing this he turned off the recording and looked down at the book as the pages turned to to the most recent thing written.

What he read in the book didn't make much sense. He didn't get what it meant by the house no longer being safe. Was it the ghost that made Sabrina want to leave? It doesn't seem like it, for the ghost just seems... sad for her to be gone. Not only that but the thing about the cat and the curse just... he needed more information. After reading the book he stood up and called out. "Listen. I am here for one reason and one reason only. Finding Sabrina. Her mother invited me into this home, she gave me permission to search for clues and I think I have enough. All I need to do now is talk with her mother. If you can understand that, then please don't... get angry with me? I have some experience with the supernatural so I understand you must be some kind of spirit. I've been doing a lot of traveling lately, and I intend to find her by any means necessary. So just calm down. If you understand please give me a sign..." He said with a brief pause before speaking up again. "... A more... peaceful sign preferrably."
                            Last edited by SUSTIC; 08-31-2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

Nue leaned back into the bench, soaking in both of their words as they closed their eyes for a moment. An artificial talking cat? That was a new one. At least from how it sounded, at least. And this creature was close by. Lovely.

"Welp, good luck with that. Remember this, though. If you cannot run, try to at least choose your battlefield wisely, hm? Simple things can change a lot in a life or death scenario. Don't worry, though. I'll be there when i'm needed." Nue spoke calmly. "Now, i'd get moving. Time is ticking."

Comment

medford, oregon

The ghost closed the book and moved it upwards, looking towards the man and nods before she gently places the diary away instead of slamming it. She then heads towards the recorder and attempts to turn it on, though to jacob, it's like someone is trying to take his recorder from him with no warning. All she wants though is to talk with him and warn him about affina. affina... that demon is all she thought about as she tried to take it.

woodland , Washington

Listening to the lady, sabrina nodded before wandering off, much to the pleasure to prying eyes. Mocha noticed and almost puffed up in both fear and anger before she was sort of forced to follow sabrina in a very pained way.

As the two walked around the corner, an all too familiar hand grabbed sabrina's hand and the lady it belonged to smirked.

"going somewhere, sweetie?"

Comment

Working...
                                X