X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Robots (IC)

"The robots. Our fantastic friends. We train them, teach them, love them, care for them, and they do the same for us. Almost self-aware robots. They see, they learn, they understand. But, the REC tries to prevent that. The Robotic Slavery Corps. They are an almost terrorist group, taking my robots, my children, and turning them into their slaves, slaves of war and destruction. These robots were meant for peace, for helping the old, protecting the weak. Now, I hear of tournaments being held, where people have their robots fight. At first I was distraught over such a thing, but I came to realize, these tournaments are not like the REC, something new, different, a relapse in time, with a new era. This is the time of the robots, my children." - Prof. Ulysses R. Starfield, creator of the robots.

Before I get into the story and whatnot, you gotta read these rules:

1. Don't meta-game. They're robots, not gods.
    2. You can't be evil. A jerk, sure, but not a REC member.
    3. You gotta stick with the robot model you choose. You can choose only once, in which case, some lengthy process with have to be undergone to change the past.
    4. Customize yer bots! Make your brute look like an army soldier, your brainer a wizard! Be creative!
    5. You can currently only have one robot. Sorry, you cant get more until a lot of people join up.
    6. Put the word "Croc" in yer App, in the other section.
    7. You can't host tournies. I'll control tournies, and they will differ in what yer bots will have to do. I'll also control REC attacks.
    8. Have fun! Rules are subject to change, so be on the lookout.

This RP is similar to that of Pokemon, but instead of pokemon, they are, you guessed it, robots. But they aren't like AstroBoy, or Mega Man, or the Iron Giant. They are all roughly similar, each with slight variations and abilities. The list is listed below. The time is somewhere in the year 2300, where a german robotics professor created a group of machines called the robots. These are human-like robots that are almost self-learning, and do whatever they can to assist their owners with what they need, whether it be a butler or maid, assistant shopkeep, construction assist, mechanic, librarian's aide, emergency response, the list is near-endless. During this, almost everyone has a robot in the family, some have many. But for simplicity, about one per household. The latest generation of youth, consisting of early middle school, through high school, and into college, have found a new way of using robots. Competition. Utilizing each of the robot type's special talents, many youths have created tournaments involving combat, racing, and some even require talent. And many youth strive to be the "Robot King", the champion of all tournaments. But not everything is roses and daisies.

The Robotic Enslavement Corps is a terrorist organization who capture and steals robots, rips them apart, put them together again, and manipulates them to destroy all. The REC has been known to cause lots of havoc at tourneys, so be aware of these punks wandering about, flipping tables and causing udder destruction.

Now then, these hot models you have been waiting for! All robots are based off of one image, each slightly differing.
    The image: http://www.colourbox.com/image/woode...-image-2907241

Standards: These are based right of the picture, an average all around type of robot. These robots are the most human looking.

Brutes: These are like standards, but have quite muscular torsos, large arms, and wide broad chests. These guys are super strong, but extremely slow.

Brains: These guys are like the standards, except they have larger heads. They can learn new skills a lot faster, think of ideas far faster, but are weak when it comes to physical activities.

Arms: They are just like the standards, but have two extra arms. Their arms are also longer. They are quick with their hands and arms, and are avid climbers, but are bad at traveling long distances on foot.

Legs: They are similar to the standards, except they have no arms, but an extra pair of legs, and a horse-like body. They are extremely quick, but have no arms (duh).

More models are always being tested, but none are ever revealed to the public until a few weeks before they are marketed. Rumors say that two new models, Minis and Wings, are being worked on, but no one is sure. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Note: Everyone starts off in the same town when they join in. The main town, or city, is San Diego, California. Even if you're from London, or Bangkok, or Darwin, or New York City, you still gotta start off in San Diego. You can say you flew overseas with your family or you just moved there, but I chose San Diego for a reason. It is only 30 minutes to an hour from ever major biome. It is near mountains, deserts, forests and multiple varieties, chaparrals, the ocean, theres also some large cave/canyons further out, but this is an ideal spot for extreme changes in tournaments.

Applications (Post yer apps in the OOC page. I'll copy and paste this entire thing there too.):

Human Name: (What is yer name?)
    Human Description: (What're you like? Brown hair? Blue eyes?)
    Human Personality: (How do you act? Are you kind? Quiet? Cheerful? Sad?)
    Robot Name: (What is yer robot's name?)
    Robot Model: (Do you own a Brute? A Leg? An Arm?)
    Robot Description: (Is yer brainer dresser like a japanese emperor? Your standard wears a dress? Your Arm looks like a gorilla?)[Be detailed!]
    Other:

Well, that's about it... Any questions or concerns, send me a PM or ask on the OOC. Have fun!

Link to OOC: http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...e-Robots-(OOC)
    Last edited by jpmrocks; 06-15-2013, 02:15 AM.
Working...
X