X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Education System of the United States of America

I just want to hear other people's opinions when I put this next statement here, in underline.

The Education System of the U.S. is literally ranking behind THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES.

Basically our kids are less educated than children in Africa. Good work, government. G out of 5. Gold star for your outstanding failure!
    and for people that don't live in the u.s., this is a conversation about our education system, not yours, keep that shit out.

A QUOTE THAT SUMS UP HOW IT WORKS NOW:
    "As you can see, I've memorized this utterly useless fact long enough to pass a test question. I now intend to forget it forever. You've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system. Congratulations."
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Well, it is true that the U.S. students in general are getting worse because of lack of enthusiasm, while foreign students in the same country are getting more cover to keep going, you can take for example of the stereotype of High school students, I originally thought it was just a stereotype of the sport students (mostly the U.S. football ones) are like celebrities, but friends of mine who live in the U.S. have witnessed it. Let`s say that this students are ok since they are following their dreams like many others in different branches of study, but from the 100 who go for it, only 3-6 students get there while others fail either by lack of enthusiasm, overconfidence, lack of resources and no scholarships.

Many Third World countries are putting their students to the limit so they can go to the First World countries and get scholarships because of their worth, I`m not saying U.S. students don`t do that by the way, just stating a fact from what I see in my school.

I would express about the "I come from the best country" ideology that many U.S. citizens have since that is also a cause of the failure in education, but I`m asking first If you people let me.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Keep in mind that the US is large. There are a lot of students getting an education and a lot of people get great educations. It completely depends on the area and socioeconomic status. At the same time, this fact makes it apparent that the better education areas would pull the average education up, which is already pretty shit... Meaning the lower quartile of education would quite literally be... Yeah, worse than shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As Remi says, there are in fact great education systems, but the ratio of it is dwarfed by the ones that are a failure, which is pretty big. I honestly don`t know the statistics of the ratio though.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

But the structure of the current Education System base set by the government is poor. Therefore, how can you expect something to be great when its base is not?

..mememized

Comment

That feel i learn more from watching game theory and vsauce in a day then i do attending a whole year at school.

Comment

can`t argue with that, you do learn things from those channels

Spoiler:

Comment

>mfw getting glorious commerce/economic degree in international top 50 uni

Comment

As a former U.S. student (graduated 3 1/2 years ago), I will admit that the education system is shitty at times, especially when you move from one state to another. Honestly, I can learn more and better online than from school.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Isn't the whole "School teaches you to pass tests, not know stuff" thingy a bit more widespread than just US schools tough? I know that a lot of schools around here suffer from that too? Just wait until you get games in school, it's great. Last week we played Skyrim to look a a non linear story telling method.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Your lucky Katrix, electronic games are forbidden in all the schools I've been in. We were only allowed board games.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Yeah, not gonna lie that i've been a bit spoiled with my education from high school and beyond, but my middle and elementary school experiences were pretty shit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that the American education system is making a bad effect on me in the eyes of the locals around here in Asia, since I go to a pretty much world-renowned international school that is of American origin. Not saying that my school is bad, but since it's labelled "American" it gives everyone a weird impression that I'm receiving the same education in mainland America. I, in fact, actually love going to school since the teachers talk about real life in coordination to studies, which gives me something to connect to. Honestly, though, not gonna be racist here, but the American education system is kind of giving people the wrong impression on international schools (note that it is PRIVATE not PUBLIC.)

don't steal my potatoes againsigpic

Comment

Yeah, the public schools suck ass for the most part because there's no motivation to do anything other than get by just enough that you can be done with it.

..mememized

Comment

PERO EN ARGENTINA,

Comment

Working...
                              X