X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP in Peace 70% of the Doujin Music on YT

Nitori Kappashiro's channel was deleted.

gg.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Rest in Pizzaroni

;w;

great now I have to go through my playlists and clean them up again... T.T
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-16-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

My life is over

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Comment

Actually, this is the third time the account was deleted. And this was the last account he's going to make.
          At least the smaller, dead channels and arrangers are still here.
          iapprovelolis and Shameimaru Aya are probably the last active ones left now, am cri.
          Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 04-16-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I liked the arranges he/she posted, sucks it got removed

Comment

(Insert some manner of militaristic tune to salute to or some somber piece to mourn to.)

And so, Nitori Kappashiro, one of the biggest and greatest doujin music uploaders, falls. To me, Nitori was a great YouTuber for the Touhou community. Never once were out for money or for fame. All Nitori wished was to share the greatest pieces that the Touhou doujin had to offer. To share them to those who neither had the resources nor the money to acquire a real copy of their CDs or soundtracks.
              From lesser known groups like C-CLAYS and MisteryCircle to bigger groups like SOUND HOLIC, Nitori spared no expense in uploading as many of their albums and diligently noting as many details of said song as possible. Unlike uploaders like Jesselejohn or lesser known uploaders, Nitori was one of the few uploaders who cared about people who wished to catalogue Touhou doujin music. And, to that end, Nitori always left the song's name, the Circle, the arranger, the album, the lyricist (where necessary), the year of release and at which con, the original Touhou track, and various other details. And, with all quirky music reuploaders, Nitori would also include an eye-catching piece of art (with a due link to the source or to danbooru) and their own opinion on the piece.

Nitori's library was massive. And even though Nitori's expiry was made aware of, the sheer volume of Nitori's collection was too much to simply rehost on another server or fully download for the sake of rehosting. Amongst Nitori's vast collection, many great pieces have been left untouched by fans. In fact, one could play but one song of Nitori's a day and one would barely be able to catch up with Nitori's expanding library of music. Because of this, many great doujin circles would go unnoticed. Many great tracks have been lost to the abyss that is YouTube's solitary confinement. Many of which were never uploaded to YouTube without Nitori's assistance. Several others now only exist in their abridged, P/V form.

Today is a day of mourning. A mourning of a great YouTuber and a great music collector. While uploaders like Bishamontenreturn, Jesselejohn, iapprovelolis, and a few others still exist; Nitori's loss will be the greatest of them all. For many a man like me, their playlist(s) is/are now riddled with holes. Holes once filled with tunes uploaded by none other than Nitori. The Frozen Freezer album (an album dedicated to the fairies of Touhou) that dominated a section of one of my playlists, the odd arrange I would find by once unknown groups and arrangers, and old classics that I once lost but rediscovered. All of them. Gone.

From me and from all of the Touhou community, we say "Thank you". Thank you, Nitori, for all of your hard work and your diligence in the Touhou community. May your channel rest in peace or be born again like a phoenix rising from her ashes. Know that, with the death of your channel, the world of Touhou doujin music might not be the same again.

God speed, you magnificent b*stard!
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Fuck, my Kancolle and Touhou playlists are going to be empty ;-;

Comment

Nitori is back, guys.

Pls delete thread.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

From channel description:

Will be not active like I used to before... However I might upload some songs from time to time until at the end of May (´・ω・`)

Welcome to dead channel?
                    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Nitori is kill

F

Comment

What about Miracle in Gensokyo?

Comment

Originally posted by kuraiko View Post
                          What about Miracle in Gensokyo?
                          I don't know about other people, but I want music, not slideshows, MMDs, animations, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X