X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're on 1.6!

Hi guys! We've done it! It's 1.6, finally!

However, with 1.6 comes several changes, both large and small. I'll start listing them.
    1. New Gensokyo map! Remember that "closed" map that's been in the works for months? Well now it's open and replaces the old Gensokyo! The map has been 100% revamped and remade from SCRATCH! The SDM is the 6th one we've built, we've completely reforested the Forest of Magic, rebamboo'd the Bamboo Forest (May the souls who worked on it rest in peace) and we have Subterranean Animism done! But that's only part of it. We have TONS of more awesome changes! Check out the map for yourself and see if you can find them all!
    2. Nether wipe! Sorry to everyone who worked on things in the nether, but with 1.6, there are a lot of generation changes in the nether for items that will otherwise be unobtainable. Chests in nether fortresses and items contained within are a major point. Read up on this Here.
    3. There's been a slight change in some ranks and the addition of others. First, I'd like to note the new ranks. We now have the Mediator and Senior ranks.

Mediator: A group that acts as the peacekeeper amongst players. They can check logs, do rollbacks, ban, kick, jail, etc etc. These people, though not required to, can build in Gensokyo as well.

Senior: People who've been on the server actively for over 240 hours.

In addition, a couple of ranks have been changed in name and or purpose.

Yukkuri -> Infant: Someone once brought up the question of "Why is the Yukkuri rank the lowest rank on a server called Yukkuricraft?" And so we amended that. This is purely a title change.

Moderators -> Yukkuri Admins: They were all admins in everything but name anyway. This is just purely a title change. They're still there to help you and keep everything running smoothly!

Builders: With the addition of the Mediator rank, builders are now tasked primarily with building Gensokyo and not with helping the userbase. The two separate ranks allows players in each group to focus more on their respective roles. If you have a problem and a Mediator is on, ask them first! Only ask builders if no one else is available!
    4. Another addition I'm excited to announce is that our dynmap is, for a short beta test run, going semi-public! For more information, check out the dynmap thread!
    5. Finally, I'd like to introduce a new subdomain I've created in conjunction with Alex! Check out Our Info Page! It's filled with useful information in one convenient place! It also looks pretty. Everyone say thanks to Alex <3

sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

I can finally cut myself again!

Comment

How long will the server be "Maintenance Mode"? Could I get put on the whitelist, or is the server going to be not publicly available during maintenance?

Also hooray for 1.6, now we can have colored clay and carpets.
        Last edited by pillow676; 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: Forgot celebration

Comment

Wait. So the whitelisting is the server still being in "maintenance mode"?

Oh...
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Whitelist is off now i believe.

Comment

Indeed. Whitelist has been disabled and we're open to the public again.

Comment

Er, is the survival map also changed?

Comment

Nope. That's 1.7

Comment

I do like to check it out myself but i don't have minecraft. If someone can pm me the links i need to get everything, i would appreciate it very much. Thank you in advance.
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Awesome! I'll be sure to get on later today.

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                      Nether wipe!
                      oh no my quartz
                      "There is a point where all of this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it."

Originally posted by Tenko
                      Suddenly, Remi gets email "so i stole ur server. how do i launch minecraft"

Comment

Pardon our dust near Myouren Temple, btw! Just cause the map is public doesn't mean we're 100% done~ (^:

Comment

The server is on 1.6.2 and I'm on 1.6.4 OTL
                          If you flip innocent tables,‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻, the table will flip you, ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \, so it's best to leave innocent tables alone. ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Comment

Downgrade at the main Minecraft screen. Create a new profile and select 1.6.2

Comment

Wow! YAYFICATIONS!...... but I still have to buy teh account ;-;
                              "So? Shall we kill each other?"
                              http://i.imgur.com/TxMYjYs.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X