X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ads

So now that we've just finished our latest rounds of payments for hosting related costs including webhost and domains, we've sort of used up a good sum of money. Currently, we're sort of low on our reserves (~$50) and was considering setting up ads on our forums to help maintain and upgrade as required. For example, we're currently looking at increasing disk space on the server as the backups are taking quite a bit of space (Less than 50gb left of free space).

That being said, before I actually do anything, I wanted to ask everyone if they'd be okay with ads being put up on the forums. They would be like normal ads where they'd just take some space inbetween or on the sides of things and not be intrusive in any sense. Granted, I feel like most people use adblock so I'd also ask that you disable this website from that as... well, the whole purpose is to keep everything running without relying on donations too much.

That being said, this is an anonymous poll for whether you would be okay with or neutral or against ads being placed on our forums.
    Sure, I see the need for it.
    60.71%
    Eh. Whatever works.
    35.71%
    No, I don't want to see ads on here.
    3.57%

As long as they're relevant.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

As long as the ads are positioned and are a similar size to the way Cirnopedia or PSO-World has it

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/
      (WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT TO LOOK MORE LIKE AN OFFICIAL PSO2 WIKI T.T)
      http://www.pso-world.com/

I'm fine.
      The reason for the specific examples is cause the way Cirnopedia made the UI makes it so they kinda blend in with the interface and ya forget they're there.
      PSO-World has it where once you get past the main page with two ad boxes it's just a bar at the top for the forums
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-10-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Personally I don't mind ads.
        If they'll help keep the forums up, and stuff then I'm perfectly fine with them. I also don't use adblock so there is that.

This situation also reminds me of what happened to my old favorite forums except on that forums people were... not so excited for ads. It was all fine and all, then it came to the point where the forums needed some money to stay up. Not much people liked the ideas of ads, but said they would rather donate (no one did.) My old favorite forums eventually did die though due to the fact that the owner of the forums couldn't get any ads and no one wanted to donate so... yea. At least people so far seem to be pretty chill about ads.

Comment

If you REALLY don't want to see ads for whatever reason, there's always adblock. Although if you want to support the community it's best to disable it whilst on this site. I've specifically had my adblock turned off on this site just incase ads were ever added.

So yes, please do put ads. They're an efficient and necessary way to keep domains running.
          Last edited by Keychain; 12-10-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Ads are OK with me. All I ask is that the ads are for legitimate products & not stuff like "OH, you are the X visitor & have won an iPad/XBox One/whatever", because that's ad fraud, & I think it should be illegal.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Jacobus1 View Post
              Ads are OK with me. All I ask is that the ads are for legitimate products & not stuff like "OH, you are the X visitor & have won an iPad/XBox One/whatever", because that's ad fraud, & I think it should be illegal.

Anyways, I'm in support for it; just be picky when you sign up for an ad-service. There's some services that host malicious ads, you know, the one's that you don't even need to click on and automatically starts installing a fake AV.
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

I was planning on using G Adsense. They're usually fine with that kind of stuff.

Comment

You know how you had told me you would pay me back $400 for booking the hotel room early Remi? Well if the server is in need of funds, don't worry about paying me back, but rather direct it as a donation, this way it'll buy some time while the ads start working in revenue, and in time if you "feel you have to pay me back" you can, but I won't expect you to, and the money is not a big deal to me personally.
                  Stance still like the world on pause
                  Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
                  Firm grasp, let the blade conform
                  Manifest thy will, transform
                  Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
                  Become myth turned life, real lore
                  Meet the rage on the field of war
                  But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

Adblock disabled for Yukkuricraft.net.

Comment

Nah, I'm going to pay you back tyson xD That's a lot of money

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                        Nah, I'm going to pay you back tyson xD That's a lot of money
                        Suppose there really is no way I can convince you huh?
                        Stance still like the world on pause
                        Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
                        Firm grasp, let the blade conform
                        Manifest thy will, transform
                        Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
                        Become myth turned life, real lore
                        Meet the rage on the field of war
                        But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

Money's a serious thing xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't midn the ads. Still adjusting. This is going to take a bit to properly adjust which ads adn stuff.

Comment

Oh lol here I sent a PM about em =w= ignore that then.

But ya, that one scam ad is a definite thing to get rid of cause of the fact that someone new here might mistake it for the PM system or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X