Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheduled Downtimes for Minecraft Server Upgrades (Not 1.13/1.14 :( - Sorry)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Downtimes for Minecraft Server Upgrades (Not 1.13/1.14 :( - Sorry)

Sup.

We will have TWO scheduled maintenances this week.
    - First Downtime - Tuesday 2019/5/7 from 10pm (EST) for FOUR hours.
    - Second Downtime - Wednesday 2019/5/8 from 10:30pm (EST) for FOUR hours. (Only if first downtime is not enough)

Okay now that's said and done, why we doin' this shit.

YC has historically always lived on one single Dell server box that lives in Alex's parents' basement. Who's Alex? Don't worry about it.

This has historically meant that hardware upgrades or any physical maintenance has been fairly difficult to organize and get done. This "upgrade" is actually a "cutover" to be more precise.
    The current YC has some fairly old hardware like a Phenom II for its CPU and its storage drives are lacking to say the least (200gb SSD boot, 500gb backup HDD). With this upgrade/cutover however, we'll be switching YC to start being hosted out of new hardware that I just bought recently. That said, we're upgrading to:

Ryzen 5 1600
    16GB RAM
    1TB SSD boot disk
    2TB HDD backup disk

So yeah, this "upgrade" is basically just rewiring a bunch of the backend of YC to start working off of this new server hardware. Obviously, this also means the hardware is now in my own apartment and not over an hour away in some basement lol.

P.S. While I didn't make an announcement for it, I switched over all YC DNS servers to using AWS Route 53 so that also happened. Once this cutover is finished, we'll be ENTIRELY hosted out of my physical server OR purely through AWS! We've come a long way from the webhost days

I'll post any updates in this thread if the scheduled downtimes change.

We done bois. We entirely hosted on AWS and physically accessible servers :P
    Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 05-10-2019, 10:53 AM.

thanks dad
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Does that mean we're not raiding Alex's house with full guns blazing, then?

Comment

I mean you’re free to make an attempt. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any more news about when the server will be upgrading to 1.13/1.14.*?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't entirely believe this is the right thread to be asking (also it's sorta necro).

We have no current date as to when the server will be updating. Discussion has been made as to which version we will also be updating to. However, we presently cannot confirm which version we shall be updating to.
            We are making current headway with the plans to update and should be ready with more concrete info (like date and version) soon.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
            X